Bitter Gallas calls Italy 'cheats' (4 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Sir Sebastian said:
Do you intend to disprove that statement or do you feel "Nope! :disagree: " is a satisfactory explanation for why France more or less had the ball for the entire match??

Shots on goal ratio. Italy hit the crossbar. Goal disallowed. and even scored. France? Had posession and what???

Bye! Bye!

Take Care ZZ! :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
matterazzi said he was provoked.....so until zidane comes out and explain everything we cant really blame matterazzi. look at the video replay, zidane said something first. until we know what each of them say then we shouldnt curse them. but what zidane did after that was stupid.....and he deserves what he got. and matterazi deserved that head-butt too. so lets just enjoy Italy's 4th world cup!!!!

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
all italians complaing about that penalty dont forget the bullshit penalty u got vs australia! ur lucky u didnt get that in the 93rd min!

for Gallas show some class for fuks sake!

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
he is a sore loser as of dominec. there were no quistionable cases in the final on the italian team

one thing i want to ephasis on..

not that what mattarazzi did is right but in all football players try to get to the nerves of each other by trash talking ... and alot of times with in appropiate words .. its expected from mattarazzi to do it as of alot of the defenders but you dont see it much in the world cup as its not common that both players understand the seame language as of zidane understanding italian.

mattarazzi is not excused as of zidane but the media ( english media specially ) shouldn't act is if mattarazzi is the only one doing it

May 27, 2006
Im wondering, he says Zidane Doesnt react like that, then y has zidane headbutted Marco???? That just means Gallas doesnt know Zidane, thats all.
Btw Gallas is from a team who has been accused by several sports newspaper to have been the most helped by the referees during the WC (3 decisive penalties)

JuveChris

Mar 4, 2006
mephiztopheles said:
Im wondering, he says Zidane Doesnt react like that, then y has zidane headbutted Marco???? That just means Gallas doesnt know Zidane, thats all.
Btw Gallas is from a team who has been accused by several sports newspaper to have been the most helped by the referees during the WC (3 decisive penalties)

We get one goal disallowed, one not clear penalty like the last game of france and still gallas has the balls to say we are cheaters because we made a UNSUAL PLAN to take out zidane at minute 120....:disagree:

Fuck gallas and his stupid anti italian coments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Moggi D'Messiah said:
Look at you! with the get your facts straight mate. I dont care what carvalho says. Yes he made contact but henry made such a meal of it it was untrue. That would NOT have been given in the premiership for sure.
so you're saying that even if carvalho admitted it was a penalty u still dont believe its a penalty?maybe henry made a meal out of it,but obviously it was a penalty.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
fred weasley said:
so you're saying that even if carvalho admitted it was a penalty u still dont believe its a penalty?maybe henry made a meal out of it,but obviously it was a penalty.
I thought it was too weak of a case for a referee to jeopardize the outcome of a WC semi-final. But I haven't seen any quotes from Carvalho on it... please do share links if you find any.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Gallas' comments are pathetic. What a sore loser.

"Zidane doesn't react like that."

I remember one time when he punched Davids while still at Juve.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
swag said:
I thought it was too weak of a case for a referee to jeopardize the outcome of a WC semi-final. But I haven't seen any quotes from Carvalho on it... please do share links if you find any.
I believe this is the article he is talking about, which is misinterpreted very easily.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5760120

First yes he admits there was contact, but hardly no intent and most off what he admits is that the referee did the job for them (Hence the penalty was harsh and infact in his eyes WASNT A penalty). All he admits is that he could have done better to avoid any call for a penalty.. that is totally seperate to it being a penalty.

By him saying it was "his mistake", its his way of apologising to his fellow portugese fans and by no means is he saying it was a penalty.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Gallas can go to hell, along with all the others who still feel sore about the fact that overall italy deserved the world cup. Simple as.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
PhRoZeN said:
I believe this is the article he is talking about, which is misinterpreted very easily.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5760120

First yes he admits there was contact, but hardly no intent and most off what he admits is that the referee did the job for them (Hence the penalty was harsh and infact in his eyes WASNT A penalty). All he admits is that he could have done better to avoid any call for a penalty.. that is totally seperate to it being a penalty.

By him saying it was "his mistake", its his way of apologising to his fellow portugese fans and by no means is he saying it was a penalty.
Nice. I follow now. Thanks! :)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
swag said:
Unfortunately fouls aren't black and white. They're all a question of interpretation and severity.

Here's where I take the other side, Seb. In a match as important as an elimination round WC match or a final, a ref should know better than to allow subtle calls to change the whole dynamic of a match rather than letting the players play. Everyone loses in those circumstances, IMO, and France was fuelled in their last two matches on weak PK scenarios as a substitute excuse for really earning a goal. (Oddly, I thought Zambro's hack-down was worthy of a PK, but not the former.)
Refs can call incidental contact if they like. But it takes the game away from the players in over-reactive situations.

In reality, refs should judge the severity, however in fifa's rules there is absolutely nothing about "severity" of fouls resulting in penalties. There is simply a list of infractions, which when occuring in the penalty area, result in a penalty.

That was 100% penalty, however Malouda's was quite clearly not, but they more or less even out, although games still shouldn't be thought of that way.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Sicilian Juve said:
Yea don't forget the BS red card were we had to play with 10 men the whole second half. Tell your defense not to fall down in front of an attacker in the box.
I still find it hard to believe that you guys dare complain about that, when you got the 94th minute phantom penalty. :disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)