Big Boss' list of must-play (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Alot of memories flashing back reading this thread (except shitty Sims, awful Pokemon and few played out Nintendo franchises).

A franchise I'm suprised no one mentionned yet is Command and Conquer and Red Alert 1&2, Tiberian Sun, the older games essentially. I have 3 brothers, and we went to war on this shit on eachother while shouting the mantra for king and country lol. The live action acting footage was dope, the amazing haunting marching music, plus we used to argue who deserves the playable amazonian sexy badass Tanya :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

@Osman :D

- - - Updated - - -
@Hydde :p
I havent played 5 yet! I lost my gaming apetite past 2-3 years (besides sports games, occasional annual urge), so its shameful but havent yet played the latest and final edition of my favourite and most cherished gaming experience.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Alot of memories flashing back reading this thread (except shitty Sims, awful Pokemon and few played out Nintendo franchises).

A franchise I'm suprised no one mentionned yet is Command and Conquer
and Red Alert 1&2, Tiberian Sun, the older games essentially. I have 3 brothers, and we went to war on this shit on eachother while shouting the mantra for king and country lol. The live action acting footage was dope, the amazing haunting marching music, plus we used to argue who deserves the playable amazonian sexy badass Tanya :lol:

- - - Updated - - -
Bitch I did mention it. :numnum:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
2 was my fav too because it was way ahead of its time, tho as a game MGS3 was possibly the more enjoyable gameplay wise (plus its insane, the idea you play 2 games, and suddenly get a whole flashback game 30-40 years prior to initial games). But 2 had such a complete athmosphere and vibe, and easily the biggiest hype and excitement a game could have at the time. It was the follow up to friggin first game shadow moses, I recall back then even the hint of the release trailer for MGS2 made PS gaming community go bezerk lol. Possibly has one of the best openings to a game to boot. A man, walking on a bridge in pouring rain, says:

"The Hudson River, two years ago... We had classified intelligence that a new type of Metal Gear was scheduled for transport. The whole thing stank... ...but our noses have been out in the cold too long."

Then proceeds to jump off said bridge goes invisible camouflage mode and stealthy boards a military tanker ship in New York coast/Hudson River, and rest is history :heart:

This was 17 years ago! defenitely ahead of its time :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Bitch I did mention it. :numnum:
Damn too many lists, I thought I read them all.

A game I'm 100% procent sure no one else will mention, but I spent most time on of all games is a massive tactical first person shooter game on Playstation 3 called MAG, that was only an online game (no single campaign feature like other shooters), played it for 3-4 years, ended up with 2500 plus hours or so in total :lol: Would been more if servers werent shut down.

It wasnt well known at all, kinda generic graphic look but had dedicated playerbase and community. Everyone was COD crazy at the time, while this was more tactical/bases oriented with at mininum 32 vs 32 player maps to up to 256 players mode (world record for console), the numbers explained why the graphics wasnt the highest, but gameplay was rewarding (more teamwork oriented necessary due to mass numbers, communcation key etc):

Too bad it died slow death throughout the years because the developers Zipper pretty much became bankrupt and dismantled by Sony. Its pretty much half the reason I stopped gaming after it died, couldnt find the same addictive gaming fix elsewhere, also got fed up with the insanely irresponsble rush jobs by game developers in general in this generation.

Sucks Zipper the small development company is gone forever, because they the same ones who also made my 2nd most played shooter, the more iconic tactical shooter Socom navy seals in playstation 1 and playstation 2 days too:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
FFS :lol:

My best friend and i used to play this too, but we stopped playing after a few months, and when we came back we felt like there are only pro's left playing it.

Talking about odd games to waste your time with - that HAS to be Battlefield 1943 for me.
Was a download title on PS3 for 10$. Played it like a mad man. Always came back to it.
People are still playing it, and it's 10 years old.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
FFS

My best friend and i used to play this too, but we stopped playing after a few months, and when we came back we felt like there are only pro's left playing it.

No way I was 100% sure no one here would know it.

Lol I know the feeling about playerbase, I used to be in one of the stronger clans of the game, and latter time in the game it became so uncompetetive to a point, because of the matchmaking system being random, and imagine us a whole clan or squad (or just 2-3-4 of us), we face 32 newer players who dont even have mic or no inclination to work together. We started making up rules of engagement, not allowed to shoot them, only knife or repair them to death lol, one of the best aspects of the game was the ability to hear your opponents in your mic and respond if they were close to you in proximity, oh the tears and taunting

Peoples reactions to being killed and they knowing you can hear them was priceless, like this below guys epic rant :D

This game was popular with some military/army communities, and it killed them mentally that they would suck at this game vs random teenagers lol, and it lead to such rants.

Found old clip featuring some of my old clanmates (they on the opposing side of clipmaker, called Dark Flock):

Lol wtf I was searching for clips of the game and I found a clip of us teabagging one of our own to a bizzare japanese song (fallen teabagged asshats prefered song)

P:S I'm going senile, here am I saying I'm 100% sure no one here knows MAG, when it's because of Tuz and specifically @King of Kings being the reason I found about the game, in this old post of his:

Just in time for Aaron and Andy to pick one up, so that we, along with Dru,Burke, and myself can start our own clan for M.A.G., the new 256 player online game coming out in january from the developers of Socom. I'm talking about Zipper interactive, not Slant Six, the developers of the abortion known as Gino Gen........... I mean Socom Confrontation.

This was 8 years ago lol, how time flies. But pretty sure Andy/ @Bjerknes (and E?) was only one who played the game a bit besides me, recall playing with him couple of times.

OP
Basel93

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
  • Thread Starter #73
    But @Osman it's right there in my RPG List señor.

Unfortunately I've only played the 1st edition on the PS3 (MGS4). That game was epic, my dad would pop up and start mimicking the 'snake? Snake? SNAAAKE!' Whenever he had the chance :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad my youngest brother thought it would be a good idea to sell the game and make some money for himself because and I quote "I thought you were done with it"

- - - Updated - - -

A franchise I'm suprised no one mentionned yet is Command and Conquer and Red Alert 1&2, Tiberian Sun, the older games essentially. I have 3 brothers, and we went to war on this shit on eachother while shouting the mantra for king and country lol. The live action acting footage was dope, the amazing haunting marching music, plus we used to argue who deserves the playable amazonian sexy badass Tanya :lol:

[*]Strategy/Tactics:
    C&C Generals
    C&C Red Alert 2
    C&C3 Tiberium Wars

Age of Empires :touched:
    Heroes of Might & Magic (think all are as good)
    Worms Reloaded :lol:
    Commandos
    Warcraft 3
    Why you hurt me so Ozzy.

Man that game was amazing, fucking Yuri and his revenge in the expansion/sequel :lol:

The best part was seeing motherf'n Billy Dee Williams in Tiberium wars. Actually, that game had an amazing cast.

Tricia Helfer from Battle star Galactica
    Josh Holloway from Lost
    Jennifer Morrison from House
    Michael Ironside
    Grace Park (also BSG)

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Castlevania: Symphony of the night had to be mentioned too.
    Gran Turismo, Mario kart, test drive unlimited, MGS 3, civilisation 2, Resident evil 2 and God of war 2 too...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    @Osman

Oh man, I was so bad at M.A.G. Andy basically gave up on me :lol:

@Cronios you mentioned Civilization 2. Have you played 6? It's not bad, but I like 5 better. I hate the fact that on this one there are no world congresses so that you could pass resolutions. Who knows, maybe it will come back in one of the DLC packs.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Damn you must have given up quick (beta before release?) because it's a shame we didn't get to play together, especially since you were excited about it before release. I recall having couple of games with Andy and one of E or Burke, most likely E.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    But @Osman it's right there in my RPG List señor.

Unfortunately I've only played the 1st edition on the PS3 (MGS4). That game was epic, my dad would pop up and start mimicking the 'snake? Snake? SNAAAKE!' Whenever he had the chance

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad my youngest brother thought it would be a good idea to sell the game and make some money for himself because and I quote "I thought you were done with it"

- - - Updated - - -

Why you hurt me so Ozzy.

Man that game was amazing, fucking Yuri and his revenge in the expansion/sequel

The best part was seeing motherf'n Billy Dee Williams in Tiberium wars. Actually, that game had an amazing cast.

Tricia Helfer from Battle star Galactica
    Josh Holloway from Lost
    Jennifer Morrison from House
    Michael Ironside
    Grace Park (also BSG)
    Lol yeah sorry I must slept bad yesterday glanced over so much of the lists.

Yeah Command and Conquer was so unique experience when it was new, especially for a console gamer who didn't bother with PC to try strategy based games at that age.

The acting in the cut scenes (such fan service with the casting) coupled with the epic music is defenitely something not to forget too quickly.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Damn you must have given up quick (beta before release?) because it's a shame we didn't get to play together, especially since you were excited about it before release. I recall having couple of games with Andy and one of E or Burke, most likely E.

Oh, I bought the whole game. And I tried, I really did. I just suck at FPS, so I have no idea why that would have been any different.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Oh, I bought the whole game. And I tried, I really did. I just suck at FPS, so I have no idea why that would have been any different.
    Yeah I get it, was a 3rd person shooter purest before MAG except MW2, but somehow MAG just clicked exactly in the same way Socom did for me in terms out right fun. And not being the greatest at the game wasn't all too important, had plenty of roles for not the best shooters, won many battles due to teammates who didn't fired their weapons much but were commanding, driving, repairing assets or as medics.

OP
    Basel93

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
  • Thread Starter #80
    the list was all over the place anyway, fixed it up a bit and added links to trailers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)