Better Call Saul (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What's amazing is how little the stories of Mike and Saul have overlapped after nearly two seasons.

They are really doing some good script writing

OP
Vinny Del Pogba
Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #143
    This season has been the tits. It's the best show on TV right now, they are really killing it. Such great writing, great production and acting. I like the underworld aspects of Mike's story arc and business / personal life of Jimmy's story.

And unlike Breaking Bad, BCS has actually managed to create a strong female character. I love Kim, she's a great character and the show just would not work without her. I love her relationship with Jimmy. Great stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I am really liking Nacho, I want to see more from him.

- - - Updated - - -

This may be a bit much, but someone discovered that the first letter of each episode title this season could be an anagram of FRINGS BACK lol

It could be a bit out there, but there is precedence as season two of Breaking Bad did something similar leading up to the air disaster.

So is it possible that we will be seeing Gustavo make his appearance into the series during the finale? I fucking hope so, Gus was my favorite character on BB and, in my opinion, one of the greatest villains in television history.

Anyways, here is the anagram:

Fifi
    Rebecca
    Inflatable
    Nailed
    Gloves Off
    Switch

Bali Ha’i
    Amarillo
    Cobbler
    Klick

“Fring’s Back.”

That's not the order of the episodes, but still an intriguing theory. It also gains credence as we see Mike getting embroiled into the Salamanca family intrigues and we all know that Hector Salamanca's arch rival is the mysterious Gustavo Fring. It's possible Mike's dealings with Hector are what draws Fring to him. Mike eventually becomes Fring's top fixer and this may be how they start working together.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    If I think about all the weekly TV series I look forward to, this has definitely been my favorite show to follow this season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I like the pace and atmosphere of it, it's not brutally intense like BB was, but there is still tension throughout. It's simply a good character with good storylines.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Did you guys see the latest episode? I agree, it's the best show on TV right now. Too bad there's only one more episode left in the season.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Yup. I like that it's not trying to rush anything yet. There's a lot of good storytelling to do.

And people forget that BB was mostly not that intense. I watched it as a serial since the first episode came out, and the first season was easily a slow burn as was the second. In fact, the first season had its hooks (the opener) and its merits, but really what made the series stand out that first season was trapping the audience into an expected conclusion and then springing Walter out of it with the totally unexpected.

Saul seems a little more layered and deliberate without relying on the mega-surprise as a crutch. And there's the occasional artistic shot, like I loved that sequence where Jimmy is looking out the window of his car and you could see the "one-legged air dancer" in the reflection of his window, egging him on. That was pretty cool.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    The finale was pretty meh tbh, I mean it wasn't bad or anything, but basically felt like normal episode, nothing like a finale.

Not that I care that much as long as the show maintains the immensely high quality it has.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    icemaη;5241000 said:
    What a disgusting human being :disagree:
    I wholeheartedly agree. It made me really angry.
    You mean Chuck? It's who he is. He's a great character though, he's a parody on the moralistic attorney imo.

The finale was pretty meh tbh, I mean it wasn't bad or anything, but basically felt like normal episode, nothing like a finale.

Not that I care that much as long as the show maintains the immensely high quality it has.
    It's more like a painting of Jimmy's life rather than a fast paced TV series imo. Which is why it doesn't really have great finales. This one was extremely predictable, but within the Better Caul Saul universe it makes total sense. It's just what you expect would happen.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    You mean Chuck? It's who he is. He's a great character though, he's a parody on the moralistic attorney imo.

It's more like a painting of Jimmy's life rather than a fast paced TV series imo. Which is why it doesn't really have great finales. This one was extremely predictable, but within the Better Caul Saul universe it makes total sense. It's just what you expect would happen.
    True in general, action-packed finales wouldn't fit and I'm grateful they don't exist.

But they could have for example showed the guy behind the note in Mike's storyline (though I have a very strong theory about why they didn't)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Two seasons in, and the main character is still called "Jimmy" and not "Saul" yet. It's pretty funny. But it shows how deliberate the writers are being. And Jimmy's connection with Mike has been minimal at most to date, meaning the two have almost been leading separate stories in the series.

I was not a fan of how the season ended. Usually they are good about not being able to offer predictable plot twists, and that one was for me. But undoubtedly the next season will start with events leading somewhere unexpected.

It's definitely one of my favorite shows on TV now.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    Two seasons in, and the main character is still called "Jimmy" and not "Saul" yet. It's pretty funny. But it shows how deliberate the writers are being. And Jimmy's connection with Mike has been minimal at most to date, meaning the two have almost been leading separate stories in the series.

I was not a fan of how the season ended. Usually they are good about not being able to offer predictable plot twists, and that one was for me. But undoubtedly the next season will start with events leading somewhere unexpected.

It's definitely one of my favorite shows on TV now.
    It's different in terms of direction, more drama and much less drug cartels/action, but if you really liked BB you won't be disappointed.
    Cheers, guys. I'm really picky with my series. But I'll give it a try, when I'm thru this years GoT.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    I like the pace and atmosphere of it, it's not brutally intense like BB was, but there is still tension throughout. It's simply a good character with good storylines.
    :agree: my exact thoughts

Just finished the season now. Really liked it, absolutely love Mike's story with Hector and the cartel, going to be interesting to see him eventually meet and come into contact with Gus. Jimmy and Chucks story is heading for a tragic ending, what a smug prick Chuck is, love to hate him. Even though legally and (at times morally) he is in the right when it comes to his bro :D

Can't wait for season 3

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
    Jul 28, 2011
    Chuck is one sick motherfucker

- - - Updated - - -

Gus is probably the guy with the note on Mike's car, fucker wants to kill Hector himself :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    :agree: my exact thoughts

Just finished the season now. Really liked it, absolutely love Mike's story with Hector and the cartel, going to be interesting to see him eventually meet and come into contact with Gus. Jimmy and Chucks story is heading for a tragic ending, what a smug prick Chuck is, love to hate him. Even though legally and (at times morally) he is in the right when it comes to his bro :D

Can't wait for season 3
    Chuck is robotic in that he likes the law and judges people by how they treat it. It seemed as if he really liked Kim and was looking out for her, but in the end he just likes that she has the same respect for the law he has and fucks her over when he wants the same client.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)