Bestest Best of the Bestest Bestest Better Best Dribbles (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
just by rading the title, i figured it was you who started this thread Deeeej :D

One of the most overrated and famous Dribbles (i personally think it was all luck, but it was voted one of the best individual goals in WC history):
Saed Al-Owairan's Goal vs. Belguim in the 1994 WC.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
One of the most overrated and famous Dribbles (i personally think it was all luck, but it was voted one of the best individual goals in WC history):
Saed Al-Owairan's Goal vs. Belguim in the 1994 WC.
I agree with you.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
This is may Fav move that i always do on the field (it works 90% of the times i try it)...though i dont know if it has a name.

I'm a leftback, so i'm always running back towards the cornor glaf to race the opposing attacker to the ball. anyway, if i do race him to the ball and he's right behind me, i'm in a tough position because i'm running towards my own corner flag and the touch-line is right next to me and the attacker is right behind me waiting for a mistake from me.
Anyway, if i can't pass to a CB so he could clear, or i want to send the ball to my attckers for a counter attack, i make a couple of fakes like i'm going to clear either left or right, so whatever leg movement i make, he tries to block my clearence. so i fake a clearence to the inside of the field, but instead of clearing the ball, i back-heel it directly at his legs before he even moves them. as soon as he sees me attemp the clearence, his legs spread :D and my backheel goes right threw. so i round him with a smile on my face while he's freezes in disbalief that a defender did that to him. :D

i think i over explained it, but it works really great in this situation because i've done it many times with the ball almost always going threw, but what makes it hard is that i have to round him to get to the ball (i'm not very heavy so a little nudge can slow me down)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
class Majed, that works all over the field when your back is turned to the guy marking you. Saw Hagi do it once and its become part of my repetoire since

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
class Majed, that works all over the field when your back is turned to the guy marking you. Saw Hagi do it once and its become part of my repetoire since

it's funner when you have no place to go and nobody expects it. when i'm in that position, people usually think i'm just gonna get rid of the ball....

but yeah, it does work all over the field.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Maradona? I came up with that one myself :D Granted, someone just might have tried before me... :D
you know, that is wierd you said that!! :eek:

i also made up that move a long time ago when i was really young. i thought it was really kewl that when i step over the ball with one foot, the oposing defender stops, but i could excelerate faster when i make the turn (because i dont really pause)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You know, it was a rare case of innovation for me, I even remember when and where I came up with it :D My family was on vacation in England, it was an unseasonably hot summer, about 10 years ago now. We stayed at a camping outside London ("Abbey wood") and I was playing on the grass next to the caravan when I came up with that one. :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
You know, it was a rare case of innovation for me, I even remember when and where I came up with it :D My family was on vacation in England, it was an unseasonably hot summer, about 10 years ago now. We stayed at a camping outside London ("Abbey wood") and I was playing on the grass next to the caravan when I came up with that one. :D

kewl :cool:

i think i came up with it while playing with my brother in our little sand football field. :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You have a brother too? Younger? And you used to make him play goalkeeper but now he has a mind of his own and doesn't want to? Sound familiar? :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
You have a brother too? Younger? And you used to make him play goalkeeper but now he has a mind of his own and doesn't want to? Sound familiar? :D
spot on :thumb: :D

i have 2 younger brothers (Both turned out to be great goal keepers, each one represents their school :cool: ) because they had an merciless older brother who didn't play easy with them. :D

the youngest doesn't play keeper anymore, and the other one had a knee and back injury so he couldn't play for 6 months. (he did play anyway and now he's still going through physiotheorpy :down: )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)