best, worst record in CL. (1 Viewer)

bahraini

May 20, 2003
i know that madrid has the best record..

but i want to know ,
is there any team who lost the CL final more than
Juve..??

is there any coach lost it more than 3 times??

also which player and coach who won it most????

Buy on AliExpress.com

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
if we lose again we advance as the top loser...
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. ;)

Anyway, I think Lippi did his best in the final and going out through penalty kicks was just cruel .. the good thing is that the players tried .. hopefully we will do it next season !!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
We also won on penalty kicks and that was cruel to Ajax. BTW we really deserved to beat Real in 98. We were so much better. If it wasnt for that god damn Mijatović... :mad:

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
they are a cruel way and a sad way :frown:
all the fault will fall on the goal-keeper's shoulders and this is not correct. there is just one man fighting at the penlaty kicks ...

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
they are a cruel way and a sad way :frown:
all the fault will fall on the goal-keeper's shoulders and this is not correct. there is just one man fighting at the penlaty kicks ...
thats not true at all, the pressure on the goalie is minimal compared to the plaers. Ultimately its the kickers who decide it, not the keeper. If the kickers all take good penalties the keeper can't do a thing.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
thats not true at all, the pressure on the goalie is minimal compared to the plaers. Ultimately its the kickers who decide it, not the keeper. If the kickers all take good penalties the keeper can't do a thing.
That's so true, the goalie has no pressure at all, it's never expected of a goalie to save. If anything, they are the winners in a penalty shootout.

I also think it's a good finish to a game, it's incredibly exciting. I've even seen non-football fans go nuts during shootouts due to the insane amounts of excitement :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
yeah, very :( i remember my 28th may night moments when i was crying my eyes out and wishing nesta dead.
very exciting indeed
But imagine if we had won. You'd feel like you were on the top of the world :strong:. But... we lost :down:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
exactly. Dida was the hero at old trafford and all he did was block some abysmal penalties. He did nothing spectacular. 95% of penalty shootout saves are from por penalties. However Buffon's from Seedorf was quite amazing.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yup :strong:

Same story in 96, though, Peruzzi saved a couple of poor penalties while VDS, though he came close to every shot they were all too well placed to be saved.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Shoot-outs are dangerous for some fans .. I heard some got heart-attacks while watching them !! When Juve/Italy are involved I can hear me heart pumping :scared: but it's always exciting watching other teams doing it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)