Best summer transfer (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Jun-hide said:
I agree Zhixin :agree: that is why we play game after all. Inter, as always, managed to pick up the most touted players on the market, and it seems they have a habit of winning their derby in these deals (Farinos is another one I can remember) and find a way to loose on the field.:eyebrows: :D :D :D .
Maxwell, Macion, Grosso, Zanetti as your fullbacks? I rest my case, how are you going to keep them all happy? Who is going to start from Crespo, Zlatan, Adraino, Recoba and Cruz?
Personally, I havent seen them in action yet beside Roma SuperCoppa but I can imagine the chemistry is going to be real problem there.

I havent seen that G something guy play yet but my gut feeling suggests that he is going to be a special player sometime soon. Milan could have loaned him for a year or two but they have decided to keep the kid. The reviews from some of the more modest and knowledgable players like Costacourta have been favorable. The kid must know how to play. My 50 cents on him being the best transfer deal in 5 years time. Then again he can be remembered as Mourad Mehgni rather than Zizou.

Anyway it is a bad feeling to wake up and see that Inter won the game. F*ck.
Inter? The same problem occurs again and again, and they still haven't learn from their mistake. Currently I think their silliest mistake for this season is to give Pizarro to Roma, their opponents in competition for the scedutto. It is like giving them a tool to win. And I can tell you Spalletti will make full use of a midfield consisting of Pizarro, Perrotta, Mancini, Aquilani, Taddei and De Rossi. Since he has reformed Perrotta, I think he has the ability to make the midfield as 1 of the best in Serie A.

And my friend, you don't need to imagine about the chemistry in Inter. With Zlatan in there, Inter will have a even more difficult time. There are so many people with attitude problems in there, and I can predict that he will clash with Mihajlovic sooner or later. And Inter will always find a way to lose or draw at unexpected conditions and shift blame

You mean Yoann Gourcuff of Milan? From what I heard, this kid is great. But then the newspapers love to name prospects as Zidane, I would love to see how he performs in Milan and compete for a place alongside so many class players in Milan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
ZhiXin said:
Inter? The same problem occurs again and again, and they still haven't learn from their mistake. Currently I think their silliest mistake for this season is to give Pizarro to Roma, their opponents in competition for the scedutto. It is like giving them a tool to win. And I can tell you Spalletti will make full use of a midfield consisting of Pizarro, Perrotta, Mancini, Aquilani, Taddei and De Rossi. Since he has reformed Perrotta, I think he has the ability to make the midfield as 1 of the best in Serie A.

And my friend, you don't need to imagine about the chemistry in Inter. With Zlatan in there, Inter will have a even more difficult time. There are so many people with attitude problems in there, and I can predict that he will clash with Mihajlovic sooner or later. And Inter will always find a way to lose or draw at unexpected conditions and shift blame

You mean Yoann Gourcuff of Milan? From what I heard, this kid is great. But then the newspapers love to name prospects as Zidane, I would love to see how he performs in Milan and compete for a place alongside so many class players in Milan.
Zhixin, as always you are sharp, and how I forgot Inter gave away such a quality player to your opposition!:smoke: . If Roma is to win all, it is only because their midfield IMO is superior to that of Inter's. Pizarro, as you have mentioned, could be one those rejuvenated players once they leave Inter. However as I regard Pizarro as one the best playmakers around, I think Aquilani can be the X-factor in this year's race to Lo Scudetto. The boy has everything: Technical ability, eye for goal, intelligent brain and most importantly vast room for improvement.

BTW, seeing Pizarro's bad reaction to substitution, is there something in Inter that make players attitude go bad? Stankovic is another one IMO who lost humbleness he had at Lazio. And Ronaldo is hardly model Pro to come out of your former side.:D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
ZhiXin said:
What happened to Perrotta anyway. He used to be a central midfielder at Chievo, but now he is playing on Totti's position and even left winger sometimes.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Mr. Gol said:
What happened to Perrotta anyway. He used to be a central midfielder at Chievo, but now he is playing on Totti's position and even left winger sometimes.
Spalletti converted him into playing a more advanced role, and the results are very satisfying for both.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
As much as position matters, I think more important element is the exact role Perrotta plays. Spalletti is tactically very aware, and I thought Perrotta's timing of the run to the opposition box was terrific. That was very evident against the Germany in WC. Moreover, Perrotta doesnt spread the play and see that killer pass like Totti do, but he has such a phenomenonal lung he can cover huge area of the field. And his stamia combined with good off the ball movement is ideal playing in the Roman system because they play one up at upfront, and the support play from midfield is critical. Furthermore, they have more creative players down on the wing, hence making his sweat more valuable than perhaps creativity.

I don't think he is ideal player down on the left-hand side. For me it takes away his main attribute - workrate. And Lippi never used him as an out and out winger. He was often deployed in more central role than team sheet suggests a la trequarsista role at Roma, with Grosso bombarding forward at the flank. Obviously, Aquilani is far more talented player than Perrotta so I understand Spalletti's dilemma and playing more leftish role than last year. But I feel Taddei is better in that role, and Perrotta will probably reproduce the same vein of form as last year.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Jun-hide said:
As much as position matters, I think more important element is the exact role Perrotta plays. Spalletti is tactically very aware, and I thought Perrotta's timing of the run to the opposition box was terrific. That was very evident against the Germany in WC. Moreover, Perrotta doesnt spread the play and see that killer pass like Totti do, but he has such a phenomenonal lung he can cover huge area of the field. And his stamia combined with good off the ball movement is ideal playing in the Roman system because they play one up at upfront, and the support play from midfield is critical. Furthermore, they have more creative players down on the wing, hence making his sweat more valuable than perhaps creativity.

I don't think he is ideal player down on the left-hand side. For me it takes away his main attribute - workrate. And Lippi never used him as an out and out winger. He was often deployed in more central role than team sheet suggests a la trequarsista role at Roma, with Grosso bombarding forward at the flank. Obviously, Aquilani is far more talented player than Perrotta so I understand Spalletti's dilemma and playing more leftish role than last year. But I feel Taddei is better in that role, and Perrotta will probably reproduce the same vein of form as last year.
Perrotta has changed from a DM to a player who plays in a more advanced role. People always criticize him for his quality, but he is really a good runner with lots of stamina and workrate. And this helped him a lot, not only is he effective, he is much more consistent. He is just drifted on the left, but not necessarily a winger, he tends to run towards the centre instead of the flanks. But I will still want him to play in the centre.

Forgot to add that Perrotta is physically strong as well

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
ZhiXin said:
Perrotta has changed from a DM to a player who plays in a more advanced role. People always criticize him for his quality, but he is really a good runner with lots of stamina and workrate. And this helped him a lot, not only is he effective, he is much more consistent. He is just drifted on the left, but not necessarily a winger, he tends to run towards the centre instead of the flanks. But I will still want him to play in the centre.

Forgot to add that Perrotta is physically strong as well
I would say your assessment is pretty much in tune with mine. Just to illustrate the point more though, I thought he attributes was really easy to see in the match against Austrailia in WC. Italia was down by 10 men, whenever Italia got forward, they almost always used Iaquinta as targetman down on the right hand flank, and once he held the ball up Perotta was always the second man in support to link up the play. He was simply phenomenal in his timing of the run, and consistent support he provided for the forward players. Of course, his precision at the final third was left to be desired, but hey if run 40, 50 yard, I think you can have a break.:D

So yes, I think Perrotta is grossly underrated, especially, seeing this board literally errupt on Perrotta after the defeat against France. But heck, Rino was even worse - but somehow he gets a break. Also Perrotta is deceptively quick. He is no Henry, but he is sufficiently quick enough to play that role whereby he links the midfield and attack. Rino, for example, has the heart and lung, but doesnt have the extra leg speed to play that role if asked to do.

Anyway, I think Aquilani is a more talented player, at least technical wise. He may not be better player than Perrotta ATM but I think his ceiling is far higher, and Spalletti needs to develop him. I didn't see the match at the moment, I cannot comment too much, but looking at the Roman system, there seems to be genuine lack of width down on the left hand side for Roma. Tonetto & Magne aren't anywhere close as being good as Zambro or Grosso, so they will need more prototype wingers IMO.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Aquilani is much more talented than Perrotta, no question about it. Or should I say, many players are talented than Perrotta

But what Perrotta wins over many players is his physical strength, his stamina, his runs, his effectiveness and his consistency. Everybody has doubts over Perrotta when he is selected in the game against Ghana, and did a good job. Perrotta may not be a superstar in football, but what he gives is definitely world class. He has a fruitful WC campaign. I will adore Spalletti for making a bold move in making Perrotta change from a traditional DM to a player in such a role

I think Spalletti is already thinking how to use Aquilani already. Seeing how he transformed Perrotta makes me have confidence in Spalletti doing the same for Aquilani. Roma can be a serious contender for the scedutto this season.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
I'm not sure about the best summer signing and maybe that can only be seen once the season is over.

But in my opinion Rosicky to Arsenal will turn out to be one of the worst moves and we can see that right now. It highlights Arsenal's plight at the moment - and with their Champions League group I wouldn't be surprised to see their European uncertainty return and early elimination (group stages).

So why is Rosicky so bad?

Mainly because I believe he replaced Robert Pires - who was one of the best players EVER to play in the Premiership. Only a few controversial moments such as a dive against Portsmouth and the fact that he is not a player who takes the limelight are reasons why he is not seen as this.

The last two seasons his playing time was reduced by Wenger who first used Reyes in the left-wing position and then Hleb last season. Poor decision as he prefered out-and-out left wingers as opposed to Pires' creativity, assists and goals he provided from that flank.

Wenger has always had a problem with creative midfielders. He always has to play them in wide positions. Now with Fabregas changing that a little it still means creative midfield signings are targeted for the wide areas. Which is where Rosicky comes in. I don't paricualarly rate him highly as a No.10 but being pushed out to play as a left-winger where he does not possess any of the skills that made Pires contribute to the success of the club.

Already as at the weekend we have seen Hleb take that role with Rosicky sidelined. Baptista is another variable although can be used upfront I see playing in a wide midfield role. With the new wider Ashburton Grove pitch Arsenal have looked lacking in real width in both EPL home matches.

If Hamburg, Porto and CSKA can perform near their best and Arsenal continue as they are - in particular Henry as sleepy as he has been I wouldn't be surprised to see last years finalists fall at this first stage...just like days of Arsenal at Wembley in the Champions League.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)