Best summer transfer (1 Viewer)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
You can see French teams signing a good player or two these days. I have read in the FT that their league signed a mega deal with Cannal Plus that puts them on a more or less equal footing with EPL and Serie A deals.

A lot of you seems to take French and German teams for granted, but lets not forget 10 years ago they were a genuine force in European competition. Teams like PSG, Nantes, Marseille, Bordeaux, Dortmund, were far better than English or most Spanish counterparts (excluding certain teams of course).
It is natural for them to resume their place they once occupied, and trend is only going to continue for certain periods. The days when one leauge dominated the whole proceedings are gone. I can see similar big TV deals in Germany as well given that I have heard by many measures they actually have the biggest market in whole of Europe.

I think we will see a convergence in league standard between 3-5 countries in Europe and rest of world to become a supplier for these leagues. The key to this competition will not be money per se, because all the teams from these leagues will have sufficient funds to field competitive sides, but scouting and developing young players before others do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Here's a big question. What is the best transfer based on?

Let us look at Inter, for the past years (this year also) they do the best summer transfers, enough to make the herds of fans believe once again that this is their year. Like how naive can a fan be to believe that Inter succeeded in their transfer campaign? I don't know if they learned or not but they still believe that.

So based on the results of the coming season, Inter can be labelled to having the WORST summer transfer campaign.

Up until now, I still say that Inter has the best transfers...I hope that the ritual continues and in the end it turns out to be summer's worst trasnfers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
PhRoZeN said:
Tevez (and mascherano) to west ham has to be the best transfer (for them). The only one which still makes you rub your eyes in disbelief.
... and you open them up to Abramovich and his Chelsea-money-loving multi-international mob.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You've got to go with the West Hammers. The aquisition of Mascerano and Tevez automatically move them to contenders of European competition.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Tevez & Mascherano to West-Ham was certainly coup but I have a feeling it is a more of mid-summer dream than anything else. A lot of these transfers are done with long term perspectives and not just one year. As much as West-Ham has done a massive deal for virtually no cost, I feel Tevez and Mascherano will be off somewhere better than what they can offer. In this respect, I just cannot see how their presence can make Hammers that much better beyond this year. Beside, UEFA is hardly a money spinning machine these days, anyway.

While I do think they have outside chance of making Europe, largely because I feel Arsenal side is overrated and with many question marks at the back (Gallas arrival was so vital for this reason IMO), West-Ham is still, what they are, outside bet.

Nonetheless, the best signing of this year will probably be someone who is not on this list. That is the nature of mercato business and with the current day depth of pool, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody got an absolute bargain. That Gsomething guy for Milan?

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Jun-hide said:
Tevez & Mascherano to West-Ham was certainly coup but I have a feeling it is a more of mid-summer dream than anything else. A lot of these transfers are done with long term perspectives and not just one year. As much as West-Ham has done a massive deal for virtually no cost, I feel Tevez and Mascherano will be off somewhere better than what they can offer. In this respect, I just cannot see how their presence can make Hammers that much better beyond this year. Beside, UEFA is hardly a money spinning machine these days, anyway.

While I do think they have outside chance of making Europe, largely because I feel Arsenal side is overrated and with many question marks at the back (Gallas arrival was so vital for this reason IMO), West-Ham is still, what they are, outside bet.

Nonetheless, the best signing of this year will probably be someone who is not on this list. That is the nature of mercato business and with the current day depth of pool, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody got an absolute bargain. That Gsomething guy for Milan?
On paper, yes. I can also say that Inter has the best transfers of all time.
But what actually gives the conclusions are the results.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Jeeks said:
Here's a big question. What is the best transfer based on?

Let us look at Inter, for the past years (this year also) they do the best summer transfers, enough to make the herds of fans believe once again that this is their year. Like how naive can a fan be to believe that Inter succeeded in their transfer campaign? I don't know if they learned or not but they still believe that.
Wouldn't you ? Would I ?

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
king Ale said:
Zambrotta to Barca.
Rosicky(to Arsenal),Joaquin(to Valencia),Aimar(to Zaragoza) and the Argentinian pair(to West Ham) seem good ones too.
Enron said:
You've got to go with the West Hammers. The aquisition of Mascerano and Tevez automatically move them to contenders of European competition.
I have to disagree with Tevez and Mascherano. There's clearly something going on there with MSI, and I would be very surprised if they stay at West Ham for longer then this season. It seems that MSI only wanted them into Europe immediatly so that they can get more money at a later stage. But for West Ham fans it must be like christmas.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I agree with Enron. It just has to be Mascherano and Tevez, YAY!

But there's something fishy in that deal. And they said Juve are bad for football...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
ZhiXin said:
On paper, yes. I can also say that Inter has the best transfers of all time.
But what actually gives the conclusions are the results.
I agree Zhixin :agree: that is why we play game after all. Inter, as always, managed to pick up the most touted players on the market, and it seems they have a habit of winning their derby in these deals (Farinos is another one I can remember) and find a way to loose on the field.:eyebrows: :D :D :D .
Maxwell, Macion, Grosso, Zanetti as your fullbacks? I rest my case, how are you going to keep them all happy? Who is going to start from Crespo, Zlatan, Adraino, Recoba and Cruz?
Personally, I havent seen them in action yet beside Roma SuperCoppa but I can imagine the chemistry is going to be real problem there.

I havent seen that G something guy play yet but my gut feeling suggests that he is going to be a special player sometime soon. Milan could have loaned him for a year or two but they have decided to keep the kid. The reviews from some of the more modest and knowledgable players like Costacourta have been favorable. The kid must know how to play. My 50 cents on him being the best transfer deal in 5 years time. Then again he can be remembered as Mourad Mehgni rather than Zizou.

Anyway it is a bad feeling to wake up and see that Inter won the game. F*ck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)