Best Squad in the world (15 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
well having weihed yp both arguements i have to say that although i think is right in most of what he says that burkey ahs a pretty good case that chelsae have a better squad but milan?no way and barca are more reliant on puyol than any other player including ronaldihno,without puyols positonal sense and organisation barca would have the same problems as real do right now with conceding goals

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #23
    ßömßärdiër said:
    Well first of all, we must discuss the form of certain players in the starting 11, and with that comes noticing the apparent sluggishness of Vieira, haphazzard nedved and stuttering Thuram. Not to mention how Camo is seemingly out of sorts and does not have full confidence in the coaching staff. So right here we have four players in the regular starting lineup who are no where near the best in the world at the moment because they are off form. Now as we move up the position list we see a player in ibra who is not only off form, but lacking confidence in his play and STILL earning the starting role. If you count all of them who are not playing hteir best, that is 5 who are players who are no ttheir best at this point in time. Also tack on Zebina who is not even in the top say.........7 or 10 RB's in the world. There is no way why you could consider this, right now, the best squad in the world. But even in potential, you still are not that good because players like Nedved and DP and Thuram are past their best and will only go down in rating as they age.

If you take a look at others such as Barcelona, one can easily find a squad filled with: Puyol, Marquez, Gio, Deco, Ronnie, Messi, Eto'o, who are not only on form, but are gelled together with a team chemistry that has them playing at their best.

I mean take a team like Milan, who does not do as well on the home front as they should, but does as much in Europe, not like Juve, as possible. I mean Sheva is better than Ibra or DP right now and someone like Pirlo does not even have a parallel in your system. Compare the midfields of 4 different teams and you find 3 that ar not only equal but greater than your so called juggernaught. Barca, no question, Chelsea, no question, Milan.................mmmmmmmmmm, right now, DA!

if you don't agree, look at it this way, a red-carded middie, and 10 man-Milan out played and out performed an 11 man Juve squad in Turin last weekend, NO DOUBT is that not a big deal.

Barca, sheeeeeet negro, if you even dare face a squad like that in the CL, you would get 0wn3d. You barely beat Bremen, and they MIGHT have the 3rd best squad in Germany.

On the home front, yea, you are ten points clear. Luck. Look at the games against Palermo, Reggina, Empoli, Fiorentina, Parma. You probably were not Juve, and were someone like Lazio, you would have lost, not because of bad calls or the refs, but because you have a one-play dominator like Trez who magically turns the tides and boom, one shade of LUCK falls your way. You probably as a team play like lazio as a team, but will will pull a goal out of your ass because you have better players. That is not football, there is no team spirit, no team play. That is bullshit. I have seen underdogs win big because they were a better team, a better TEAM. But no, you guys are not the best int he world because you have no passion. I have seen two passionate players on the field, one is Czech, and one is on the bench. To me, that is not good enough, so what, you may think I am wrong for saying this, but llok at it as a football fan and not as a Juve supporter, because I am as objective as they come, I KNEW Bayern would lose in Milan.

If it takes some outside drunkard Bayern bastard fuck to tell YOU that your squad needs to be shoed in the ass, well I say to you, pick another team, because this Juve thing............it isn't working out.

Top 5 overall squads, and I mean overall, no injuries, no one is joking around, they play their game, they strive to be the best they can be, on form, everything:

And you have:

1: Milan
    2: Barca
    3: Chelsea
    4: Juve
    5: Inter
    I agree with your post to some extent. The problem with Juve is that we have players that are off form. Regarding your last rating, if all players were on form we have the best squad.
    I think us not being creative has alot to do with Capello's formation. Not that he is bad coach, its just how he plays. Nedved plays his best when put behind the strikers as Sir Lippi used to do. We keep on playing 2 DMs without a proper playmaker.
    I think that Capello has to work hard to return players to their form. Ibra has some physical draw-backs but I don't think that he is mentally off form. Vieira is, well I am afraid he might be a flop. I really think that Capello is the key. If he can make the squad work better on the field we can dominate europe without a problem. I honestly beleive that we have a better squad than Barce and Chelsea.

My first post might have been a bit missleading. I was not prizing the team as much as questioning our recent performance. We have the best players in almost ever line, why can't we dominate europe?

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ßömßärdiër said:
    Well first of all, we must discuss the form of certain players in the starting 11, and with that comes noticing the apparent sluggishness of Vieira, haphazzard nedved and stuttering Thuram. Not to mention how Camo is seemingly out of sorts and does not have full confidence in the coaching staff. So right here we have four players in the regular starting lineup who are no where near the best in the world at the moment because they are off form. Now as we move up the position list we see a player in ibra who is not only off form, but lacking confidence in his play and STILL earning the starting role. If you count all of them who are not playing hteir best, that is 5 who are players who are no ttheir best at this point in time. Also tack on Zebina who is not even in the top say.........7 or 10 RB's in the world. There is no way why you could consider this, right now, the best squad in the world. But even in potential, you still are not that good because players like Nedved and DP and Thuram are past their best and will only go down in rating as they age.

This is so true but statement about Nedved...that guy is unbelievable operational,and anyone who gets so many knocks at the game would be destroyed.He is still a trigger force for Juve!!!We need to find a replacement for him,that is also the truth.

ßömßärdiër said:
    If you take a look at others such as Barcelona, one can easily find a squad filled with: Puyol, Marquez, Gio, Deco, Ronnie, Messi, Eto'o, who are not only on form, but are gelled together with a team chemistry that has them playing at their best.

But what about Zambrotta,Cannavaro,Trezeguet,Emerson...those guys are on form and they kicks arses.

ßömßärdiër said:
    I mean take a team like Milan, who does not do as well on the home front as they should, but does as much in Europe, not like Juve, as possible. I mean Sheva is better than Ibra or DP right now and someone like Pirlo does not even have a parallel in your system. Compare the midfields of 4 different teams and you find 3 that ar not only equal but greater than your so called juggernaught. Barca, no question, Chelsea, no question, Milan.................mmmmmmmmmm, right now, DA!

if you don't agree, look at it this way, a red-carded middie, and 10 man-Milan out played and out performed an 11 man Juve squad in Turin last weekend, NO DOUBT is that not a big deal.
    The point of the game against Milan was to secure the 10 points advantage and not risking it by some attacks which would allow Milan's counters.And don't forget that we played aginst 10 man Milan from 70.mins. but no metter if Gattuso went off from the very start,I would play to secure the draw.Milan is on form and we arenot at the best,so the main prioruty is to shut down them,now and grab the best possibility at the moment and that was the draw.

ßömßärdiër said:
    Barca, sheeeeeet negro, if you even dare face a squad like that in the CL, you would get 0wn3d. You barely beat Bremen, and they MIGHT have the 3rd best squad in Germany.
    Many times before we barely beat some teams but reached the final at the end...The point is to pass the opponent and the result is what is important,but anyhow we played much better than Bremen.

ßömßärdiër said:
    On the home front, yea, you are ten points clear. Luck. Look at the games against Palermo, Reggina, Empoli, Fiorentina, Parma. You probably were not Juve, and were someone like Lazio, you would have lost, not because of bad calls or the refs, but because you have a one-play dominator like Trez who magically turns the tides and boom, one shade of LUCK falls your way. You probably as a team play like lazio as a team, but will will pull a goal out of your ass because you have better players. That is not football, there is no team spirit, no team play. That is bullshit. I have seen underdogs win big because they were a better team, a better TEAM. But no, you guys are not the best int he world because you have no passion. I have seen two passionate players on the field, one is Czech, and one is on the bench. To me, that is not good enough, so what, you may think I am wrong for saying this, but llok at it as a football fan and not as a Juve supporter, because I am as objective as they come, I KNEW Bayern would lose in Milan.
    Everything is about the luck...that is the facor which ,besides the quality,brings the succes!!!

ßömßärdiër said:
    If it takes some outside drunkard Bayern bastard fuck to tell YOU that your squad needs to be shoed in the ass, well I say to you, pick another team, because this Juve thing............it isn't working out.

Top 5 overall squads, and I mean overall, no injuries, no one is joking around, they play their game, they strive to be the best they can be, on form, everything:

And you have:

1: Milan
    2: Barca
    3: Chelsea
    4: Juve
    5: Inter
    Anyhow,I fully respect you detailed explanation,and there is much truth in it.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Altair said:
    who cares who has the best squad?? the only thing worth discussing or for that matter remembering is trophies. Did pool have the best squad?
    God, you must really be the life and soul of every party. Whats wrong with discussing different things about football for crying out loud.
    CAF, you did raise some good points apart from saying Barcelona do not have a very good attackcos i think Messi is potentially more talented than anything we can muster and in 2 years time he might be the best player in the world. Injury barring he will make a huge splash in this wc as he is mucho talented. Chelsea are packed with excellent players but not many can make you go uum, that is some talented player. They have 2 good keepers, so do we. they have 2 excellent defenders in Gallas and Terry but i have personally gone off Carvalho as i think he is a huge liabilty. Huth is not good enough to me and the jury is still out on Del Horno and Ferreira. Midfield they beat us hands down and in attack they are probably the worst of the big teams in Europe.
    Milan , do not have good goalkeepers, are not as tight as us in the defence , beat us in midfield and come up short a little bit in attack.
    Barcelona cannot compare to us in goal keepers and in defence. No contest in midfield and we might be more clinical in attack but they got the edge on variety
    But noone has got capello so we are the winners in that department
    All together now God bless our precious capello

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
    we might HAVE one of the best squads, possibly the best squad in the world.

but we definetely, at the moment, AREN'T the best squad. I mean seriously, our defense is good, but not that good. Trez the most lethal striker in the world? if we ignore the existence of a few other characters e.g. Henry (know him?), well.. maybe

sustaining ibrahimovic will kick ass is fine, but its unsustainable. right now, he's out of form, very much so and he might never recover.. and then what?

sidebacks: zambrotta is the best, but he's one. and we need two. so until someone clones him, i don't see us as having the best defense either. chiellini is hardly a match

and when referring to barca, dont mention ronaldinho as the pillar of the squad, i mean, he's an offensive midfielder! Puyol? maybe. Ronaldinho? er no.

and Messi? he might be one of the best young players i've seen in a LONG time. i could hang my laundry on that guy's talent(and i've got a lot of laundry)

of course our young talents are as well.... well.. inexistent?
    what i'm saying is that we have a lot of potential, but, as would be said in economics, we're wasting scarce recourses and not even touching the potential production frontier. we're underachieving, and thats not what the best squad in the world should be doing.

Apr 12, 2004
    un altro alex said:
    we might HAVE one of the best squads, possibly the best squad in the world.

but we definetely, at the moment, AREN'T the best squad. I mean seriously, our defense is good, but not that good. Trez the most lethal striker in the world? if we ignore the existence of a few other characters e.g. Henry (know him?), well.. maybe

sustaining ibrahimovic will kick ass is fine, but its unsustainable. right now, he's out of form, very much so and he might never recover.. and then what?

sidebacks: zambrotta is the best, but he's one. and we need two. so until someone clones him, i don't see us as having the best defense either. chiellini is hardly a match

and when referring to barca, dont mention ronaldinho as the pillar of the squad, i mean, he's an offensive midfielder! Puyol? maybe. Ronaldinho? er no.

and Messi? he might be one of the best young players i've seen in a LONG time. i could hang my laundry on that guy's talent(and i've got a lot of laundry)

of course our young talents are as well.... well.. inexistent?
    what i'm saying is that we have a lot of potential, but, as would be said in economics, we're wasting scarce recourses and not even touching the potential production frontier. we're underachieving, and thats not what the best squad in the world should be doing.

Well said. +rep

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    I'm too lazy to make references, but those responsible for the comments I'll now try to refute will know.

1. 10-man Milan did not outplay us. That's horse shit. We didn't outplay them either, it was an even, boring, tactical game.
    2. Underachieving? We set a record in Serie-A this season, halfway through it, and we're in first place with a 10-point lead.
    3. No team in CL is better than us, because we're also in the quarter finals. Let us have a debate on who's better after the second leg games in April.
    4. Don't even try to slag off Bremen because they played really well against Juve and deserve som fucking credit for what they did. Did anyone see sorry ass Bayern against Milan? Scored a couple of lucky goals perhaps Bremen, and we scored one that was lucky. We managed to fire home two times away from home, though, and that eventually got us through. Strength.

Now to the "best squad in the world"-part.

Who cares? You should all be aware by now that luck plays a huge part in this game (especially in Europe) and that teams need their fair share of it if they are to win anything.

Did the best squad win the CL last year? No
    The year before that? No
    THE YEAR BEFORE THAT? Hell no, because that was Us!! :)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Jem83 said:
    I'm too lazy to make references, but those responsible for the comments I'll now try to refute will know.

1. 10-man Milan did not outplay us. That's horse shit. We didn't outplay them either, it was an even, boring, tactical game.
    2. Underachieving? We set a record in Serie-A this season, halfway through it, and we're in first place with a 10-point lead.
    3. No team in CL is better than us, because we're also in the quarter finals. Let us have a debate on who's better after the second leg games in April.
    4. Don't even try to slag off Bremen because they played really well against Juve and deserve som fucking credit for what they did. Did anyone see sorry ass Bayern against Milan? Scored a couple of lucky goals perhaps Bremen, and we scored one that was lucky. We managed to fire home two times away from home, though, and that eventually got us through. Strength.

Now to the "best squad in the world"-part.

Who cares? You should all be aware by now that luck plays a huge part in this game (especially in Europe) and that teams need their fair share of it if they are to win anything.

Did the best squad win the CL last year? No
    The year before that? No
    THE YEAR BEFORE THAT? Hell no, because that was Us!! :)
    and why you :) , that was :cry:

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
    ßömßärdiër said:
    Nedved hasn't been his best.
    he's been far from it, and at his age, comebacks are more difficult.
    oh and also, vieira.. nooot at his best, will he return to it?
    camoranesi? most sources see him leaving by summer.
    emerson? a capello recruit, i can't see him in juve without capello running it.
    del piero.. not the youngest on the team either.

i mean seriously, at our present condition its amazing we are where we are. i'm a huge supporter of juve, but realistic enough to realize that something must be done, and its got to be done fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)