Best Italian #10 in the last 30 years. (5 Viewers)

vote

• Baggio

• Del Piero

• Totti

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
My vote is for Baggio. When you think of an Italian #10, you tend to think of a player that will bring you off the edge of your seat once he has the ball at his feet. DelPiero was more productive in regards to goals and titles, and is more of a Juve Legend, Totti has the hotter wife of the three, but for that sense of pure magic, to me the essence of an Italian #10, it is Baggio.

If you ask Italians all around the world whom they envision when they think of a #10, the majority will say Baggio. He is still fresh enough in the memories of a lot of people out there.
:agree: +Rep :tup:

Not to mention that he had to take pain killers throughout most of his career for those horrific knee injuries.

Baggio :touched: :heart:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
In terms of achievements it's Del Piero. No discussion.

And that's where I stop :D.
This. In terms of individual skills and talent alone Baggio was a step ahead. But I'd still pick Del Piero for his fantastic career.

- - - Updated - - -

My vote is for Baggio. When you think of an Italian #10, you tend to think of a player that will bring you off the edge of your seat once he has the ball at his feet. DelPiero was more productive in regards to goals and titles, and is more of a Juve Legend, Totti has the hotter wife of the three, but for that sense of pure magic, to me the essence of an Italian #10, it is Baggio.

If you ask Italians all around the world whom they envision when they think of a #10, the majority will say Baggio. He is still fresh enough in the memories of a lot of people out there.
This is a good point. Baggio had that extra excitement to his game. He was the one that resembled the great 10s of the past the most.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'd vote Del Piero.

Totti was a genius in his own right too. Those first touch long balls, especially in his early days, were something else.
Both players have this 'what could've been' vibe, despite being accomplished.
Del Piero with his early injury and what if Totti had made a move to madrid to get more exposure.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This. In terms of individual skills and talent alone Baggio was a step ahead. But I'd still pick Del Piero for his fantastic career.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a good point. Baggio had that extra excitement to his game. He was the one that resembled the great 10s of the past the most.
ALex to me is, and will always be the greatest Juve #10 ever. However, this poll is about the greatest Italian #10 ever. And the one who captured the hearts of his country was Baggio. For those who lived it, it was like Beatlemania in Italy when it came to Roby. He was a nation's hero. Or, as a certain Juve #10 so accurately put it:

There have only been two footballers that have made me cry. The first one was Roberto Baggio; the second was Ryan Giggs."

—Alessandro Del Piero.

- - - Updated - - -

And People talk about Alex's major knee injury.

Roby had 3, not counting the two times he tore his meniscus.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, having a poll like this, in this forum, is the equivalent of having a Donald Trump job approval poll on Breitbart.

Just saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)