Best Goalkeepers (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Who do you guys think the top 3 keepers in the world are at the moment. Here are my nominees.

1. Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
2. Ivan Pelizolli (Roma)
3. Palop (Valencia)

Of course our own Gigi Buffon would have to be in the list. He has been absolutely phenomenal and we should really be grateful to have a man with lightning quick reflexes and amazing agility between our goal posts.

Former Italy U-21 international Ivan Pelizolli has been called to the fore of late,and has done his reputation no harm what so ever. The young Roma keeper seems to love facing penalty kicks and if it weren't for his brilliant saves the Giallorossi would be even further down the Serie A table.

When Canizarez got injured the Valencia board must have really thought that they would have a hard time trying to solve their goalkeeping problem,but reserve keeper Palop certainly proved them wrong. His super performance against Arsenal in the Champions League along with the couple clean sheets he collected in the Liga put him in my top 3.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
well , i assume that u have already the answer & this is clearly shown in ur nominies in which u didn't conclude any of the giant keepers in europe i.e. Khan - Barthez - Toldo - Cudichieni .
therefore i will give my vote for our ultimate keeper:
Gianluigi Buffon

forza Juventus fc

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Ialy without a doubt have the best goalkeepers in the world. Buffon,Toldo.Cudicini,Pelizolli,etc.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Buffon,
    the most talented Goalkeeper I ever seen.
    He is in different class to Peruzzi and Schemichel, Toldo, Kahn.
    and co in terms of sheer talent. Has he fulfilled his potential? Not yet.

BTW, if Buffon reaches barring major injury and slump in form, he should easily surpass Kahn in terms of achievement.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I can't believe this!!! Everybody is forgetting Schmeichel!
    He is the best goalkeeper who has ever played this game...
    Kahn hasn't beaten him, not even Buffon... but he probably will some day... hopefully ;)

and whats with the Pelizzoli talk??? He hardly ever playes!

Glad to see that most of you are remembering Cudicini... he's great!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    I can't believe this!!! Everybody is forgetting Schmeichel!
    He is the best goalkeeper who has ever played this game...
    I thought Peruzzi was better, at his time.;):D. Also Zoff, Yashin, Zenga, Gordon Banks weren't too bad either!:)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++

I thought Peruzzi was better, at his time.;):D. Also Zoff, Yashin, Zenga, Gordon Banks weren't too bad either!:)
    Come on man! I know we're all Juve fans, but neither Peruzzi or Zoff could compete with Schmeichel...
    I'm not just saying this cuz I'm danish, but Schmeichel was fantastic and then some...

He was superman between the posts... and he isn't doing to bad in his old days at Man City.
    Sometimes I get the impression that people won't call him the best cuz he played for Merchandise United... which is bullshit! I'm not saying that is what you're thinking... just complaining! :groan:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    Maybe Schmeichel was the best keeper of his time,maybe he wasn't,but we're talking about the best keepers of today.

1. Buffon
    2. Rustu
    3. Toldo
    4. Cudicini
    5. Canizarez

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    oh... ok!

1. Buffon
    2. Kahn (hate to say it)
    3. Cudicini
    4. Casillas (you're probably gonna let me have it for writing that)
    5. Rustu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)