Best Freekick taker in the World (2 Viewers)

Best Freekick Taker of All Time?

• Juninho Pernambucano

• David Beckham

• Zico

• Sinisa Mihajlovic

• Pierre Van Hooijdonk

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Diego Maradona

• Ronaldinho

• Roberto Carlos

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• Shunsuke Nakamura

• Andrea Pirlo

• Michel Platini

• Steven Gerrard

• Zinedine Zidane

• Nolberto Solano

• Juan Roman Riquelme

Results are only viewable after voting.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
But these polls can't be objective because watching the goals that Juninho has scored from freekicks on youtube is not enough for me to decide whether he is the best of all time. I can compare the players I have seen regularly. This of course makes my knowledge very limited but doesn't make me biased. I'm perhaps biased when I pick Alex above Mihajlovic, though. This is the whole point of polls after all, because if there was a definite answer, why would they even ask your opinion?

The only ones ignorant here is those who think they have the correct answer for such a poll. If it was that obvious why would be there a poll at all?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Juninho was a master at exploiting the walls and goalkeepers weaknesses, the bigger chunk of his freekicks was more of an error from opposition than the brilliance of freekick. I agree that from a pragmatic point of view he was a better freekick taker, but no one scores them more impressive and beautiful than Alex.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Juninho was a master at exploiting the wall and goalkeepers errors, the bigger chunk of his freekicks is more of an error from opposition than the brilliance of freekick. I agree that from a pragmatic point of view he was a better freekick taker, but no one scores them more impressive and beautiful than Alex.
Though you can't get more biased then saying this :D

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Some of you probably wasn't around to see some of these great freekick takers such as Maradona & Zico. Solano and Pierre van Hooijdink haha to be in the same list as these others makes me laugh.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Though you can't get more biased then saying this :D
biased or not, at least I make an argument, unlike most here :p the classic Del Piero freekick is a curler over the wall into the top corner that left the goalkeeper no chance, the classic Juninho freekick made the goalkeeper look like a fool who got tricked

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Word. As great as Del Piero is, looking at the poll results in this thread makes me feel like I'm on the Celtic forums.
Yeah, people definitely not voting with their mind.
Wow, you two make me think there's a huge difference between the two or unintentionally underrating Del Piero's freekicks.

Btw, Del Piero has scored freekicks against better teams, better goalkeepers, bigger matches and statistically he's the best European freekick taker who's scored more than anyone in CL/UEFA matches.

I wouldn't say only the biased ones vote for Ale.

I can also say that you're so biased that you're afraid look biased for not voting for Del Piero. :D

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Wow, you two make me think there's a huge difference between the two or unintentionally underrating Del Piero's freekicks.

Btw, Del Piero has scored freekicks against better teams, better goalkeepers, bigger matches and statistically he's the best European freekick taker who's scored more than anyone.

I wouldn't say only the biased ones vote for Ale.

I can also say that you're so biased that you're afraid look biased for not voting for Del Piero. :D
Listen to the Pope fuckers. :agree:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
also all those on the list have scored FKs only with one technique that they have mastered... never seen them score any other way, DP however has scored with every technique possible...

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I was just watching this vid:

Can someone explain to me the situation from 17sec? The hell was that?
From the comments:
"+rogi Do you even know wtf you're talking about? You don't, so at least don't make other people think wrong, please? In 1997 Brazil tried a rule where such free kick would be given after team made 15 fouls, kind of like in basketball 5 fouls."

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
From the comments:
"+rogi Do you even know wtf you're talking about? You don't, so at least don't make other people think wrong, please? In 1997 Brazil tried a rule where such free kick would be given after team made 15 fouls, kind of like in basketball 5 fouls."
Heh, checked only the top ones. :tup:
@PedroFlu @CrimsonianKing nice rules you had there. :D

Prototype

Oct 22, 2009
best freekick taker under pressuer, definitely Del Piero. When you need a goal from freekick, Del Piero is your man. So many important goals from free kicks. CL QF '96 vs Real Madrid, CL SF vs Monaco '98, agains Inter '05, against Lazio 2012...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)