Best Freekick taker in the World (6 Viewers)

Best Freekick Taker of All Time?

• Juninho Pernambucano

• David Beckham

• Zico

• Sinisa Mihajlovic

• Pierre Van Hooijdonk

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Diego Maradona

• Ronaldinho

• Roberto Carlos

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• Shunsuke Nakamura

• Andrea Pirlo

• Michel Platini

• Steven Gerrard

• Zinedine Zidane

• Nolberto Solano

• Juan Roman Riquelme

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sorry but Diego's not proven at all in my eyes. Still playing in average club by European standards and is in Europe for 5 years.

Yes and even today Juninho is the world's best.
I'm sorry but you do need to check your eyes. I don't care what your eyes see or what color they're. Diego has proved himself to be one of the biggest talent in Europe. He is rated high because thats what Coaches players and fans think of him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I misunderstood? Fine, but didn't you prove it back again when you ended your 2nd post with the (which is evident IMO)??? Or I also misunderstood you there?

And then you said something with me hating on Salihamidzic, Knezevic because of their roots? Or wait, I also misunderstood that?
Yes evident in MY OPINION, which I kept for myself, I did not call you anti-balkan at any time. And I also said "potential" dislike because it's somthing which can't be proven but I've gotten that impression in recent times because of your constant bashing of Knezevic and Salihamidzic. I've also said I wasn't the only one who got that impression(Alen), and since than Alen intervened and said he changed his mind because he remembers you praising Vucinic and at that point I said; fine I believe it as well.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Vlatko:

Rab has a point, let's see in 3-4 yeras how good Modric turns out to be.

Rab:

Diego is good, but maybe there is also a reason why he is still "only" playing for Werder Bremen, maybe he isn't all as good as we think.

If you consider that a team like Real preferred Sneijder and Van der Vaart over him, especially since Sneijder was at Ajax when Real bought him for an amount of money that would have been enough to get Diego, he might not be as good as some here think.
that doesn't mean he's not good, look at maresca, he could have been world class, but we never gave him a chance, i can tell you definately, that diego is a very good player, and if given the chance, he could be world class

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Vlatko:

Rab has a point, let's see in 3-4 yeras how good Modric turns out to be.

Rab:

Diego is good, but maybe there is also a reason why he is still "only" playing for Werder Bremen, maybe he isn't all as good as we think.

If you consider that a team like Real preferred Sneijder and Van der Vaart over him, especially since Sneijder was at Ajax when Real bought him for an amount of money that would have been enough to get Diego, he might not be as good as some here think.
Too many worldclass/great players have spent their 3 to 5 years in a mediocre club. Plus Werder are no Tottenham, they almost eliminated us 3years ago under Capello when we had one of our best squad in Juventus history. They're decent team TBH.

It could be his contract, family, too many issues. I think this is his last year with Werder though.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It's something I would call the "wow effect". Junino's free-kicks are breathtaking, he has those curles that defy...common sense. Del Piero is a classic free-kick expert, his free-kicks are excellent but IMO Beckham has done his fair share of such free-kicks in his time, Ronaldinho as well. Juninho offers something else IMO.
I agree with you about Juninho's "wow effect", but you maid it sound like DP has only one way of scoring, bro, where in fact he has scored from every way possible, unlike Beckham or Ronaldinho.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I'm sorry but you do need to check your eyes. I don't care what your eyes see or what color they're. Diego has proved himself to be one of the biggest talent in Europe. He is rated high because thats what Coaches players and fans think of him.
Yes, there in lies the difference. Diego is still a talent after 5 years, nothing more. Flop at Porto then sold for peanuts to Werder. What a proven player, WOW! Hell Luka is one of Europe's biggest talents today and that's why a number of big clubs were fighting for him this summer and was sold for a hefty sum of money.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, there in lies the difference. Diego is still a talent after 5 years, nothing more. Flop at Porto then sold for peanuts to Werder. What a proven player, WOW! Hell Luka is one of Europe's biggest talents today and that's why a number of big clubs were fighting for him this summer and was sold for a hefty sum of money.
Football's greatest players were sold for peanuts. Nothing to be ashamed of for a player like Diego.

Talking earlier about "influential part", I can see Modric's influence with Tottenham this year.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Too many worldclass/great players have spent their 3 to 5 years in a mediocre club. Plus Werder are no Tottenham, they almost eliminated us 3years ago under Capello when we had one of our best squad in Juventus history. They're decent team TBH.

It could be his contract, family, too many issues. I think this is his last year with Werder though.
I think Tottenham and Werder can be compared this season, Tottenham has been performing under their abilities so far this year, Werder isn't doing good either.

People thought it would be his last season last year also, I honestly do think he is good, but maybe not as good as we think. Altough I do think he could bring something extra to a team like us on the creativity part.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Plus Werder and no Tottenham, they almost eliminated us 3years ago under Capello when we had one of our best squad in Juventus history. They're decent team TBH.
That team they had in 2005/06 was one of the best in their history. Diego didn't play for Werder back then. Guys like Klose, Borowski, Micoud were the leaders and the stars of that team.
When Diego came to Werder to replace Micoud, Werder started falling in Europe. In 2006/07 they were eliminated from the groups, last year they were also eliminated in the groups by Olympiacos and this year they will most probably have the same destiny and they'll be eliminated by one of Anorthosis/Panathinaicos.

I do blame Diego for this. He's extremely talented player and that's what's hurting Werder. They can not play in any other way but to play the game that suits Diego. They rely on him way too much and if he's not great (and he's not great half of the time) the team starts losing. Since he's not as great as Zidane and Kaka, who were big enough to play the free role and still lead their teams to success, his team starts suffering.
I already mentioned this once and i still stand behind my words. Diego is not big enough to lead his team (his one man team) to success and he can't play successfully if he's not the star of the team (examples: Porto and Brasil in Coppa America). It's similar to Riquelme. Another super talented player who never made it in Europe with the top teams.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Football's greatest players were sold for peanuts. Nothing to be ashamed of for a player like Diego.

Talking earlier about "influential part", I can see Modric's influence with Tottenham this year.
First seaon baby, first season. I know you're not man enough to admit the adapting factor has a huge importance, but everyone else does. Also, check out their last 4-5 games since Redknapp arrived. Luka's started doing pretty well. Soon enough you'll eat your words, but I doubt you'll be man enough to admit it.

Again your hypocrisy knows no bounds! That plays a factor in Diego's career, but Luka's first experience abroad, in a new leauge and team doesn't? For crying out loud, Rab...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
First seaon baby, first season. I know you're not man enough to admit the adapting factor has a huge importance, but everyone else does. Also, check out their last 4-5 games since Redknapp arrived. Luka's started doing pretty well. Soon enough you'll eat your words, but I doubt you'll be man enough to admit it.
Yeah first season....I forgot your famous "new country, new language, new road" the new things.

I'll be watching them more once they hit back to top 10. Eat my words? why would I eat my words? Please tell me.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Again your hypocrisy knows no bounds! That plays a factor in Diego's career, but Luka's first experience abroad, in a new leauge and team doesn't? For crying out loud, Rab...
For footballers contracts are always the issue. Not the new stadium new teammates new country.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yeah first season....I forgot your famous "new country, new language, new road" the new things.

I'll be watching them more once they hit back to top 10. Eat my words? why would I eat my words? Please tell me.
Yes, it's a common fact, it's not easy when you make a transfer to a new team, especially when it's another country. It takes time to adapt, not only to the lifestlye but to your teammates as well.

Yes, I have no doubts what Luka will achieve in a few years, you do. You'll be proven wrong, simple as that.
For footballers contracts are always the issue. Not the new stadium new teammates new country.
OMG, you're really clueless.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, it's a common fact, it's not easy when you make a transfer to a new team, especially when it's another country. It takes time to adapt, not only to the lifestlye but to your teammates as well.
Taking time doesn't mean you perform bad. Taking time means you can improve more with time. Thats in Football world aspect. But I doubt you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Yes, I have no doubts what Luka will achieve in a few years, you do. You'll be proven wrong, simple as that.

OMG, you're really clueless.
Did I ever say I doubt him? Where do you bring this garbage from? All what I said is that he's not proven and he's not better than Diego and that they can't be compared. I never said I doubt he'll ever be a world class player.

Throw your garbage somewhere else.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Taking time doesn't mean you perform bad. Taking time means you can improve more with time. Thats in Football world aspect. But I doubt you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Did I ever say I doubt him? Where do you bring this garbage from? All what I said is that he's not proven and he's not better than Diego and that they can't be compared. I never said I doubt he'll ever be a world class player.

Throw your garbage somewhere else.
Of course, that's why Luka's performances have been getting better and better, I'm glad you can acknowledge that.

You've said worse things, both you and Andy. But fine, I'll reiterate, you'll eat your words and in time realize, Modric is better than Diego.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Of course, that's why Luka's performances have been getting better and better, I'm glad you can acknowledge that.

You've said worse things, both you and Andy. But fine, I'll reiterate, you'll eat your words and in time realize, Modric is better than Diego.
I wouldn't mind eating my words and admitting If he proves me that he's better than Diego. I'll be waiting for that, but until then, don't compare him to Diego.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

To get back on topic..

Becks yes, Dinho NO. Beckham was one excellent freekick taker and like what I said about Siniša he was great at taking every kind of dead-balls. But Ronaldinho's are not even close to Del Piero's.
I would strongly disagree, I really hate Ronaldinho but his free-kicks are excellent. He's not in form lately but when in form he has scored a lot of beauties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)