Best Freekick taker in the World (5 Viewers)

Best Freekick Taker of All Time?

• Juninho Pernambucano

• David Beckham

• Zico

• Sinisa Mihajlovic

• Pierre Van Hooijdonk

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Diego Maradona

• Ronaldinho

• Roberto Carlos

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• Shunsuke Nakamura

• Andrea Pirlo

• Michel Platini

• Steven Gerrard

• Zinedine Zidane

• Nolberto Solano

• Juan Roman Riquelme

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
ßüякε;1796681 said:
I wouldn't think so, as the play is not against the teams or a league, it is between the taker and the keeper.

And in FK's, the keepers should pretty much be about as good as each other since you SHOULD (casillas) learn to defend them at the age of 9.
mm yes but what about getting those free kicks in the first place. In better leagues you're facing better defences that won't give away as many free kicks. So if we judge the best free kick taker in terms of stats (most free kicks scored) you would have to take that into account I imagine.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
You know what I just realised? You're exactly like Turk.

"Fuck Zlatan, kill Zlatan" - "Fuck Inter, kill Moratti"

And to get back to topic:

Juninho >>> Del Piero

But who am I kidding, you're just gonna bring Zlatan into it again. :howler:
c'mon really. Rab is much more subtle then that. And from what i saw he looked to at least to contextualise his bagging of Zlatan instead of blatantly going out of his way and completely off topic to poke fun at him.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
http://blogs.reuters.com/soccer/2008/11/06/del-piero34-years-young/

Del Piero…34 years young
Post a comment (10)Posted by: Mark Meadows
Tags: Reuters Soccer Blog, All-time greats, Champions League, Del Piero, Italy, Juventus, Real Madrid, Serie A
Italy coach Marcello Lippi doesn’t want him, his predecessor Roberto Donadoni wasn’t keen, but Juventus striker Alessandro Del Piero just keeps on coming up with the goods.

Few visiting players get standing ovations at the Bernabeu, but Il Capitano deserved it after two sublime strikes in Juve’s shock 2-0 win over Real Madrid on Wednesday which sent the in-form Turin club to the Champions League last 16.

Del Piero had already outshone that other great talisman Raul by scoring another beauty in Juve’s 2-1 home win over Real two weeks ago.

He is surely in the best form of his long and successful career, which kicked off when he played in Juve’s 1996 Champions League-winning side.

He is undoubtedly the most famous Italian still playing the game and yet he has only ever been a bit part player for Italy, playing as a substitute for most of their triumphant 2006 World Cup campaign and sneaking into the Euro 2008 squad after finishing top of the Serie A scoring charts last term.

Lippi has said he wants to look at other players during Italy’s 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign, but where will he find better than Ale?

Wednesday’s glorious free kick past Iker Casillas followed another deadball special in last weekend’s 2-0 win over AS Roma.

With Roberto Carlos winding down at Fenerbahce (and never actually that accurate), Ronaldinho feeling his way at AC Milan and David Beckham flitting between clubs, Del Piero in my mind is the best free kick taker in the world. You always think he is going to score or force the keeper into a mighty fine save.

Many pundits have criticised Del Piero by saying he is now too slow, I have done it myself, but every time he roars back and silences the doubters.

Even Juve fans have been known to knock him, yet this was the man who stuck with the club in their darkest hour when they were demoted to Serie B in 2006 for a match-fixing scandal. He is also Juve’s record goalscorer and appearance holder.

He was not included in this year’s nominations for the Ballon D’Or or FIFA World Player, and surprisingly has never come close to winning either.

On Sunday Del Piero celebrates his 34th birthday and will play for Juve at struggling Chievo Verona.

The travelling Juve fans should give him a standing ovation of their own.

before anyone asks, rab didn't write this article :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That's a really nice article but it loses its credibility by mentioning Roberto Carlos. He scores one out of 300 attempts.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Agreed. Putting Juninho aside, it's insane to say he's not the best.
I'm not biased. But you can name me players better than him apart from Juninho who is on par with him IMO.
:rofl:

Oh man, this is really something. And you had the nerve to call me biased. :howler:
Man, you are too pathetic. I had lots of respect for you but YOU are the one who loves to bring up such heated discussions on this forum neither Rab nor Andy. What part you claim as Rab's bias in THIS thread? The biased ones in fact are you and Burke here. Del Piero is easily among three best freekick takers in the world and it is a fucking fact. Even non-Juve supporters would agree with this.

@ Burke; Pirlo? :howler: Give me a break ffs. What next? Carsten Jancker to be a better finisher than Trez?

As for the topic of this thread, I think Mihajlović was the best when it comes to freekicks (not only direct ones, he also was a master at corners and dead-balls) and you cannot forget Becks as well (well, Burke probably can).

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Man, you are too pathetic. I had lots of respect for you but YOU are the one who loves to bring up such heated discussions on this forum neither Rab nor Andy. What part you claim as Rab's bias in THIS thread? The biased ones in fact are you and Burke here. Del Piero is simply among three best freekick takers in the world and it is a fucking fact. Even non-Juve supporters would agree with this.
You don't see the hypocrisy in me being labeled biased by Rab, for thinking highly of Modric, when he denies to being biased when it comes to DP? That's simply hilarious. Del Piero's son is less biased when it comes to DP than Rab.

As for the bolded part, I've not claimed otherwise, but Juninho is the #1 freekick taker in the world. A close second in all time, right behind Mihajlovic. That is a fact.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
As for the topic of this thread, I think Mihajlović was the best when it comes to freekicks (not only direct ones, he also was a master at corners and dead-balls) and you cannot forget Becks as well (well, Burke probably can).
How did you come up with the letter ć ? :)

As for the bolded part, I've not claimed otherwise, but Juninho is the #1 freekick taker in the world. A close second in all time, right behind Mihajlovic. That is a fact.
Lol, how do you know this when you didn't watch the free kick takers of the 60's and the 70's ? :spliff:
I guess by all time you mean our time. If that's what you mean then i agree about Juninho and Mihajlović.
Del Piero is also in top 5 ( imo, in top 3) and Pirlo isn't even among top 10.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
You don't see the hypocrisy in me being labeled biased by Rab, for thinking highly of Modric, when he denies to being biased when it comes to DP? That's simply hilarious. Del Piero's son is less biased when it comes to DP than Rab.

Nah, don't get me wrong Vlatko. I'm speaking about THIS thread and I asked you where was Rab's bias here? And have this in your mind that the topic was about the players who still play so you have to put Siniša aside. Rab says apart from Juninho no one could compete with Del Piero in freekicks. Why you see this as a biased expression?

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Del Piero is among the best, but he's not number 1. Juninho takes that spot. It's not taking anything away from Ale, because he's still fantastic at taking free-kicks.

Put this thread in a non club related football forum and Juninho would 100% come out on top.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ален;1796873 said:
How did you come up with the letter ć ? :)
Secret :D

Ален;1796873 said:
Lol, how do you know this when you didn't watch the free kick takers of the 60's and the 70's ? :spliff:
I guess by all time you mean our time. If that's what you mean then i agree about Juninho and Mihajlović.
Lol, indeed. You even don't have to go too far to the 60's and the 70's freekick takers. People even don't remember Thomas Hassler :stuckup:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Like a joker? :lol2: what is this a sport to you? Oh man, your obsession has really taken its toll. And you claim you didn't bring him out of nowhere, FFS the topic was who is a better free-kick taker DP or Juninho? Burke called on your so obvious bias and you blatantly denied it, then I simply came and laughed at your ever so obvious denial. Where does Zlatan fit in that story? Seriously, it'd be better if you didn't reply at all, it would stop you from writing such nonsense.

I did cry and got your "mod" decision overruled and the topic open again. It's still open and YOU are the leading poster. Again, your obsession taking over you.

This forum has a community section so if you, or anyone else, wants to discuss Maldini or Ibra, he can. Off-topic is there for a reason. Again a moot point from you.

You know what I just realised? You're exactly like Turk.

"Fuck Zlatan, kill Zlatan" - "Fuck Inter, kill Moratti"

And to get back to topic:

Juninho >>> Del Piero

But who am I kidding, you're just gonna bring Zlatan into it again. :howler:

Again what is that you are trying to prove? You keep saying how obsessed I am with Zlatan. Fine, If thats what you want and If that will make you shut up, then you can consider it this way. Personally, I think you're obsessed with me, because I don't really remember quoting you or even replying to you in this thread until you started.

I was replying and arguing with Burke and then you stepped in with the howler smiley asking for it. Thing is you can do all this shit with Maher probably but not with me. I'm no Maher here for you.

If you check this thread or If you ever visited this thread, you will see that my ranking goes to Juninho as first and I still think he's the best. Lately, Ale is the first and it's fact that will disturb you I know. But you have to deal with it.

This forum has community section, true....but there's no rule in the section community asking you to provoke members and open the threads for your rival's players.

I never saw a thread for Del Piero in both Milan or Inter forums. I never saw a thread for Fabio Cannavaro when he joined us in an Inter forums. I never saw a Buffon appreciation thread after all what he has done in WC06.

I've only see you crying over Ibrahimovic, and thats why I think you're pathetic. Thats my point really.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Nah, don't get me wrong Vlatko. I'm speaking about THIS thread and I asked you where was Rab's bias here? And have this in your mind that the topic was about the players who still play so you have to put Siniša aside. Rab says apart from Juninho no one could compete with Del Piero in freekicks. Why you see this as a biased expression?
Because he didn't say Juninho is better, he said they are on par, meaning the same. They're not, Juninho is superior in this area. Long range, short range, Juninho's free kicks are out of this world.
Ален;1796873 said:
Yes, I mean our time. That's why, to me, Zizou will always be the best player to ever play the game.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

But difference is that I'm or could be biased towards someone who has proved himself for 15years. Someone that has won the WC, CL, 7Scudetto, Coppas, ICC, etc.... Being biased for someone who plays for Tottenham(last in the EPL) and saying how great he is and that he's better than Diego makes you not only look like biased, but shows what Football knowledge you got here. Again, I doubt you ever played football in your life.

As for your second part, I don't think Mihajlovic can take Freekicks from the bench as a Coach of a team. You still think he's playing?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Again what is that you are trying to prove? You keep saying how obsessed I am with Zlatan. Fine, If thats what you want and If that will make you shut up, then you can consider it this way. Personally, I think you're obsessed with me, because I don't really remember quoting you or even replying to you in this thread until you started.

I was replying and arguing with Burke and then you stepped in with the howler smiley asking for it. Thing is you can do all this shit with Maher probably but not with me. I'm no Maher here for you.

If you check this thread or If you ever visited this thread, you will see that my ranking goes to Juninho as first and I still think he's the best. Lately, Ale is the first and it's fact that will disturb you I know. But you have to deal with it.

This forum has community section, true....but there's no rule in the section community asking you to provoke members and open the threads for your rival's players.

I never saw a thread for Del Piero in both Milan or Inter forums. I never saw a thread for Fabio Cannavaro when he joined us in an Inter forums. I never saw a Buffon appreciation thread after all what he has done in WC06.

I've only see you crying over Ibrahimovic, and thats why I think you're pathetic. Thats my point really.
I'm not obsessed with you, I feel sorry for you because you are blinded by your hatred. My point is you need to get over people appreciating Zlatan, you need to acknowledge their opinion and respect it. If the topic is Juninho vs DP freekicks, don't call me a Zlatan fan, if the topic is Diego vs. Modric, don't call me a Zlatan fan and don't mention him. When you do that, then we can discuss and disagree over anything.

I must remind you again, it's you yourself started all this by attacking me without any reason while the discussion was Modric vs. Diego:
I think I've had enough of this bullshit. I say you stop being an idiot and don't try to turn me into an anti-croatia or balkan. Hating on your faggot Ibrahimovic doesn't mean I have something against Croatia or Bosnia. Had your head had 1% of brain you would notice that I was cheering for Croatia after Italy at the EURO after what they have done to England.

For the last time, you and others, stop trying to make me look as If I have anything against the Balkans. And again, hating on your idol zlatan has nothing to do with Nationality.

If you can't debate on the two players or argue, then keep it for someone else, but don't try to play a dirty game.
Just look at that FFS, you can't think straight with all the Zlatan going around in your head.

All I'm asking is, if Zlatan is not the issue, don't mention him. And when Zlatan is the issue, respect other people's opinions. Simple as that. But your hate doesn't allow you to do that.

As for the bolded part I need to correct you yet again, as you obviously have no idea what you are saying:
Juninho is the only player on par with Del Piero. Other than him they're the only two on top.
When you say someone is on par, you're saying they're exactly the same. Had you said Juninho was better, DP second, neither Burke or I or anyone else would disagree with you much.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't see the problem in being biased actually. I admit I am biased and I don't mind being called biased at all because that's what I really am. I am not writing in a newspaper or broadcasting news anyway, so where's the problem?

I'd say that I prefer Juve players over Barcelona players and this opinion is based on me being biased towards my beloved club. Would I care if someone tells me I'm biased? No, I wouldn't. Actually Andy "labelled" me as biased about my opinion on Barcelona. And that made me laugh.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Because he didn't say Juninho is better, he said they are on par, meaning the same. They're not, Juninho is superior in this area. Long range, short range, Juninho's free kicks are out of this world.
Still the difference between them is not that much and claiming that they are on par doesn't make one biased. It may depends on your taste as well. Many may see RVN as a better finisher than Trez but saying otherwise doesn't mean bias. Come on, it is not like I reckon Grygera as a better right back than Maicon.

I am a big fan of Juninho's freekicks but he has never played for a big club, in a big league. I know it is not such an important factor in case of taking freekicks but it still counts IMO (the goalies, the pressure of the games, etc).

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

But difference is that I'm or could be biased towards someone who has proved himself for 15years. Someone that has won the WC, CL, 7Scudetto, Coppas, ICC, etc.... Being biased for someone who plays for Tottenham(last in the EPL) and saying how great he is and that he's better than Diego makes you not only look like biased, but shows what Football knowledge you got here. Again, I doubt you ever played football in your life.

As for your second part, I don't think Mihajlovic can take Freekicks from the bench as a Coach of a team. You still think he's playing?
What has Diego proven? Has he won anything? Has he done anything spectacular? Hell, Luka's accomplishments on the international stage and in big competitions like the European Championship, annul everything Diego's done with Werder.

Again you're not reading, I said ALL TIME.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't see the problem in being biased actually. I admit I am biased and I don't mind being called biased at all because that's what I really am. I am not writing in a newspaper or broadcasting news anyway, so where's the problem?

I'd say that I prefer Juve players over Barcelona players and this opinion is based on me being biased towards my beloved club. Would I care if someone tells me I'm biased? No, I wouldn't. Actually Andy "labelled" me as biased about my opinion on Barcelona. And that made me laugh.
I really don't care personally what he thinks of me. If he thinks I'm biased towards Del Piero then I feel thats cool. Because we're talking about Del Piero here aren't we?

But seriously I was anything but biased in this thread. To be biased about Freekicks? Lol.

Another thing is that vlatko thinks he can really piss me off when he says this guy is better than Del Piero or that guy. Coming from someone who wrote Del Piero off too many times before I really couldn't care less what he thinks about him and about me.

vlatko...

I still think you're obsessed with me.....sorry but it's just too obvious. Again back to Zlatan, I've been like this towards Zlatan ever since he joined us and everybody knows that.

I'll keep bashing him, insulting him, provoke back his fans whenever they compare him to Del Piero or make him a related topic to Del Piero...(I'm sorry but last time I checked Zlatan was playing for Inter) so you can expect to keep what I am doing at times towards Zlatan. And It's just to normal to dislike the player and bash him.

Personally, I have no respect for the player and I don't see why I have to respect his fans. Thats me. Just like we have too many similar cases here, Jack towards Barcelona team (something normal), Alen towards Milan team(something normal) hate towards C. Ronaldo, Beckham(something normal), It's just normal to see members such as myself keep bashing the player. You have to live with it, or else you can check the player in other forums peacefully.

And again, no need to quote me for the Modric vs Diego as almost everybody knows what I wrote there, Lol. You call me biased Del Piero fan(which I like) I'll call you Ibracadbra or zlatty(which you should like).

I don't like playing these silly games but you push me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)