Best foreign player to ever play for Juventus (3 Viewers)

Who was the best foreign player to ever play for Juventus ?

• Michel Platini

• Zinedine Zidane

• John Charles

• Omar Sivori

• Pavel Nedved

• Zbigniew Boniek

• Didier Deschamps

• Paolo Montero

• Edgar Davids

• David Trézéguet

• Lilian Thuram

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #67
    Wait a second.... i thought we're talking about their time in Juve. That's why i didn't include Henry, Ibrahimovic or Vieira.
    no, you are right

the poll is for players who aspired or sustained their greatness while playing for juve. henry, viera, ibra, mutu (its a stretch) don't qualify

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    So what are we supposed to base this off? Statistics? Majority of us weren't around to see the likes of Platini, Boniek, Sivori, and Charles play so we can't say who's "best" just by what we've seen them do on the pitch.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #70
    So what are we supposed to base this off? Statistics? Majority of us weren't around to see the likes of Platini, Boniek, Sivori, and Charles play so we can't say who's "best" just by what we've seen them do on the pitch.
    stats, accomplishments, awards ~~ overall success

obviously its not going to be unanimous or cut and dry

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    Since I haven't truly seen Platini, Charles, Boniek or Sivori play, I voted for Pavel Nedved. It really came down to Zidane and Nedved, and I voted for Nedved because he wears the pants in his marriage.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
    Platini is the best, not only becuase he was one of Juve legends on the pitch but also he always praised Juve. although Zidane was Class but somehow he always talk about Real

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
    May 7, 2006
    Coming to Juve on a free transfer, being three times in a row European Player of the Year and winning the CL are enough reasons to name this man the best foreign player ever to play for Juve.
    Michel

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    well, in termsof effectiveness...... i think that Trezeguet must be a serious competitor in the top. No one has scored as much as him.IN his position as striker, he has been out of this world. Even when he is not so skilled footballer, his goals talk for him.

in terms of raw talent... i think Zidane must be the one. My fav players from the last years have been zidane, del piero and nedved...but i have to admit that eventhegreat delpiero cannot reach that level of holyness zidane reached at hispeak.

IMO Zidane is up there with maradona, pele, cruyff etc. He is a living football legend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)