Best and worst part of a movie (1 Viewer)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
This is not for the best or worst movies, but just some small parts you really like or perhaps hate. Just a scene that makes the movie alot better or maybe alot worse.

Here's mine.

Best part...

Vanilla Sky
He's in bed with Sofia, but suddenly he thinks it is Julie. He gets really upset and decides to kill her. He strangles her with a pillow, but then he realize that it was not Julie, but really Sofia... He's got this "what have I done" face and then the music starts - Todd Rundgren's "Can we still be friends". Dunno why, but I think that little part was brilliant. Sort of funny bit of music to play in that scene. It made me like a somewhat weird movie.

Worst part...

The Matrix
I'm a big fan of the matrix movies, but a specific scene in the first movie really bugs me. I'm watching this fantastic movie, which is like nothing I've ever seen before. But then Neo gets shot several times by Smith. He dies, but then Trinity tells him that she loves him and kisses him - which brings him back to life... WTF? :yuck: Why does this always happen in american movies? It really pisses me off! I know that it works nicely into the plot, what the oracle told her and so on... but god damn it!

Buy on AliExpress.com

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Great thread Anders! :thumb:
But I have to think about mines.

++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

Best part...

Vanilla Sky
He's in bed with Sofia, but suddenly he thinks it is Julie. He gets really upset and decides to kill her. He strangles her with a pillow, but then he realize that it was not Julie, but really Sofia... He's got this "what have I done" face and then the music starts - Todd Rundgren's "Can we still be friends". Dunno why, but I think that little part was brilliant. Sort of funny bit of music to play in that scene. It made me like a somewhat weird movie.
I remember that scene, and in the end, he realised, who was the gilr in his bed, when he looked at her little mole.

Worst part...

The Matrix
I'm a big fan of the matrix movies, but a specific scene in the first movie really bugs me. I'm watching this fantastic movie, which is like nothing I've ever seen before. But then Neo gets shot several times by Smith. He dies, but then Trinity tells him that she loves him and kisses him - which brings him back to life... WTF? :yuck: Why does this always happen in american movies? It really pisses me off! I know that it works nicely into the plot, what the oracle told her and so on... but god damn it!
Dear Anders, that's the power of love :touched::D
I quite liked that scene :)

OP
Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

Dear Anders, that's the power of love :touched::D
    I quite liked that scene :)
    of course you do - you're a girl. :D

Power of love? jeez...

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    oh, I've got lots more. You can post more than one, I intend to, but I thought I would start with only one.

OP
    Anders

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Got one more...

Austin Powers: Goldmember

Austin's dad got this great line, which was something like this.

"There's two things I can't stand. 1- people who are intolerant of other peoples cultures. 2- the dutch" :D :howler:

And just about every time Goldmember says "toight" or "Faasssaaar"

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Haha I loved the way that guy spoke...

"Auschtin Powers' Faaarzha" (My dad's name is under Farzha in my mobile phonebook :D)

"Toight like a toiger"

My favourite shot from a movie would have to be from "Rules of Attraction"

It's hard to describe... two of the characters are face-to-face in a corridor, and the screen is split, showing their faces front-on. Then slowly, each camera pans/rotates around the character until both shots show them side-on, and then the two screens are perfectly joined together to turn into a single shot of both of them, side-on in the corridor..

That probably made no sense...just go watch the movie for that one scene! The rest of it is pretty disturbing... all about drugs, death etc

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    one of the good ones i think is from silence of the Lamb where the case is solve and the pic showing different pics of the killer in his room , the pics of SWAT team prepairing to raid the killer , and the heroiine FBI agent going at some witness house to clear things out or something and eventually turns out that the place where the agent goins is the killers room and the SWAT team place is smowhere else .:eek:..............................:frown:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    one of the good ones i think is from silence of the Lamb where the case is solve and the pic showing different pics of the killer in his room , the pics of SWAT team prepairing to raid the killer , and the heroiine FBI agent going at some witness house to clear things out or something and eventually turns out that the place where the agent goins is the killers room and the SWAT team place is smowhere else .:eek:..............................:frown:
    Oh yeah, that was a tense scene, that's the one with the night-vision goggles, right? Scary stuff~

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    I was just about to starta a similar thread when I saw that there already was one.

Worst scene is a pretty hard one but best one is easy for me.

BEST SCENE EVER:

Almost Famous.

My favourite scene is the busride after the party. You'll see perhaps the most beautiful girl ever when they step onto bus called Julia Schuler, she is the one who waves and sends a kiss. In the bus they play the song "Tiny dancer" which is a really fantastic song. After a while everyone starts to sing along. William says hat he has to go home but Penny Lane replies "You are home".

There are many scenes from "South Park the movie" that are pretty awesome aswell. Can't name them out right now.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    My best scene (or at least the best I can remember) is from Seven (undoubtably the best movie Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow will ever star in), in the end when Brad Pitt is holding a gun to Kevin Spacey's head and Morgan Freeman is trying to talk him out of killing the bastard. I thought he'd put the gun down and arrest him, as they do in all american movies... But instead he blows his brains out. Very realistic IMO, thats what anyone would have done in the situation :thumb:

Worst scene: anything where people are making a fool out of them selves.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    My best scene (or at least the best I can remember) is from Seven (undoubtably the best movie Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow will ever star in), in the end when Brad Pitt is holding a gun to Kevin Spacey's head and Morgan Freeman is trying to talk him out of killing the bastard. I thought he'd put the gun down and arrest him, as they do in all american movies... But instead he blows his brains out. Very realistic IMO, thats what anyone would have done in the situation :thumb:
    I agree, that scene just captured raw emotion. How many shots was that? It sounded like the whole clip!

Worst scene: anything where people are making a fool out of them selves.
    Then why do you come to these forums? :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Worst scene ever and foever ever whtever whenever!!:

ANACONDA:

In the final minutes of the movie, J-Lo is struggling with the bad guy, and unluckily, the bad guy is eaten alive FROM THE LEGS TO THE HEAD by the giant snake. Ok fine...

Minutes later, the incredibly enourmous snake attacks J-Lo againt, this time to definitely eat his BIG BUTT for once and for all, but wisely, the snake decides to vomit the old bastard eaten minutes ago. The guy is vomited by the snake FROM THE LEGS TO THE HEAD (?¿) and to make the things worse, the very bad guy (that must be asfixiated, crushed and melted by that time in the snake stomach) winks the left eye to J-Lo before fell death in the floor.

Come onnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Got one more...

Austin Powers: Goldmember

Austin's dad got this great line, which was something like this.

"There's two things I can't stand. 1- people who are intolerant of other peoples cultures. 2- the dutch" :D :howler:

;) :D :thumb:

when he also says: "aaaha aaaaaha.....da little one caunt take a hint aaaha" in a in a squeeky voice :D

and when mini-me says: "eeeeeeeeeeeeeh....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh"

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    Worst scene ever and foever ever whtever whenever!!:

ANACONDA:

In the final minutes of the movie, J-Lo is struggling with the bad guy, and unluckily, the bad guy is eaten alive FROM THE LEGS TO THE HEAD by the giant snake. Ok fine...

Minutes later, the incredibly enourmous snake attacks J-Lo againt, this time to definitely eat his BIG BUTT for once and for all, but wisely, the snake decides to vomit the old bastard eaten minutes ago. The guy is vomited by the snake FROM THE LEGS TO THE HEAD (?¿) and to make the things worse, the very bad guy (that must be asfixiated, crushed and melted by that time in the snake stomach) winks the left eye to J-Lo before fell death in the floor.

Come onnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haha that was a funny movie. I remember right at the end, when u think the snake died in the explosion (i'm not sorry if i ruined this movie for anyone, cos it's a stupid movie), it comes out from under the wharf thingy, my friend fully jumped out of his seat, it was the funniest thing ever.

One of the stupidest scenes in a movie was in the movie "Judge Dredd". For anyone who's seen it, when Stallone and the other guy are trying to get back into the city, they decide to go through the city's waste disposal or something stupid. This involves them waiting outside a large hole that shoots bursts of flame outwards. They wait until one of these bursts of flame shoots out and then they run into the hole, through a tunnel. Sure enough, as they're running into the tunnel, a large burst of flame is chasing them from behind... think about it, it's one of the most blatant discontinuities in a movie i've ever seen... duh!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Some of my favourite movie mistakes:

Star Wars: When the white suit dudes (stormtroopers) break into the control room...if u watch carefully, one of the troopers nearly knocks himself out by smacking his head on the frame of the door.

Titanic: In one of the scenes when the passengers are boarding the life boats, one of them is wearing a digital watch (the movie was set in 1912) :wallbang:

Gladiator: In the battle with the Barbarian Horde one of the chariots is turned over. Once the dust settles you can see a gas cylinder in the back of the chariot.

Speaking of Goldmember, think about some of the dates they used in the movie:

Austin Powers left school in 1959. He would have been 18 then. This means that the family holiday in Belgium, when he was a baby, would have been in 1941. Continental Europe would have been an odd choice for a family holiday that year, what with World War II going on and everything.

Painless_cry

Jun 14, 2003
    :LOL: are you serious about the watch :LOL:

one of my favs parts from a movie - nothing hill

the end when julia roberts in laying over hugh grant and you notice that she has a huge belly, she's pregnant... and the song "she" in the background... it's sooooooooo pretty... i'm too romantic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)