Benelux Thread (If you speak Dutch, if you speak French get out. Sorry, Luxemburg.) (6 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Same here... België maakt zelfs meer kans om door te gaan als je het mij vraagt... Nederland gaat er zo goed als zeker uit denk ik.. Ik denk dat ze alleen tegen Australië punten kunnen pakken..

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Ik zal voor Belgie juichen zodra Nederland eruit ligt, Als Belgie doorgaat krijgen ze Duitsland of Portugal?
Same here... België maakt zelfs meer kans om door te gaan als je het mij vraagt... Nederland gaat er zo goed als zeker uit denk ik.. Ik denk dat ze alleen tegen Australië punten kunnen pakken..
Volgens mij overleeft Chili de eerste ronde niet.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I could give you the honest general opinion on what dutch speaking people think about south african language

But you would be an asshole and ban me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hij bedoelt zaken zoals "moltrein", waarmee ze metro bedoelen etc
ah, dan ben ik toch benieuwd wat ze met vaakvis bedoelen

Apr 12, 2004
I could give you the honest general opinion on what dutch speaking people think about south african language

But you would be an asshole and ban me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hij bedoelt zaken zoals "moltrein", waarmee ze metro bedoelen etc
I'm sure I know what it is, probably the same the English have about how we American speak the language, or how the Ivorians speak French to the French.

That's nothing I'm worried about.

If you're Belgian, then you're probably speaking a bastardized version or Dutch anyway. Flemish is I'm sure looked down on by the true Dutch, just as Afrikaans is.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
ßöмßäяðîëя;4539039 said:
If you're Belgian, then you're probably speaking a bastardized version or Dutch anyway. Flemish is I'm sure looked down on by the true Dutch, just as Afrikaans is.
Depends which part of Belgium and Holland you are comparing.
The part were I come from speaks Dutch better then most Dutch people, but if you go to the Flanders (Gent, Brugge, Kortijk) then even I don't understand much of what they say.
Same goes for Holland. The Eindhoven region speaks Dutch very clear, the Limburg region for example (near Maastricht for example) are a lot more difficult to understand.
It's all about local dialects.

But the Dutch definately don't look down on us.
Every year there is a competition betwee Dutch people and Belgian people called "the big Dutch dictation" and the Belgians win that every year.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Fully agreed with that tbh.

I worked once in Gent, wich is in the east flemish region, and i had such a hard time understanding that dialect.

Same with maastricht indeed. Visited a whiskey store there a year ago. Had to ask to say everything 3 times before partially understanding it

- - - Updated - - -

However, just about everyone i know kinda mocks that south african way of speaking. Its humor really

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Depends which part of Belgium and Holland you are comparing.
The part were I come from speaks Dutch better then most Dutch people, but if you go to the Flanders (Gent, Brugge, Kortijk) then even I don't understand much of what they say.
Same goes for Holland. The Eindhoven region speaks Dutch very clear, the Limburg region for example (near Maastricht for example) are a lot more difficult to understand.
It's all about local dialects.

But the Dutch definately don't look down on us.
Every year there is a competition betwee Dutch people and Belgian people called "the big Dutch dictation" and the Belgians win that every year.
Ofcourse we do, your country doesn't excist.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Always better then a civil war Ches. Oh and btw the Deltawerken are not famous for no reason ;)
We own water, always did and always will.
Waarom spreken we hier in het Engels?
Ik weet wel dat de Deltawerken er zijn, maar zijn ze bestand tegen wat er komt?
En welke burgeroorlog? Wat onenigheid tussen twee landsdelen, maar burgeroorlog, je hebt het hier over Belgie, niet over Tsjechoslovakije ofzo he

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Oh oh niet zo op je teentjes getrapt zijn, nergens voor nodig. Ik was totaal niet serieus.
Er zijn verschillende onderzoeken tegen de opwarming van de aarde dus ja er word flink aan gewerkt. Trouwens Belgie ligt volgens mij ook nog steeds aan de kust.
Wat onenigheid? :lol: Ze willen zich afscheiden en dat noem je wat onenigheid?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)