Benedikt Höwedes (4 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't know why people think we will miss anything without Bonucci's ball playing ability. We don't need it. We have Pjanic and Marchisio for that when fit.

3 man midfield will make a big difference
I don't see why you wouldn't. It is in no way an end of days thing and yes it is mitigateable but its definitely a potent weapon we won't have anymore

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't see why you wouldn't. It is in no way an end of days thing and yes it is mitigateable but its definitely a potent weapon we won't have anymore
It's potent sure when you have weak midfielders (khedira/lemina/sturaro) that aren't able to do the long ball thing. We had shitty wingers last year that couldn't exploit space now we do and that's gonna end up stretching the other team making playing out of the back easier. How often did we actually gain 3 points from bonucci making a long ball pass? Once? Twice?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's potent sure when you have weak midfielders (khedira/lemina/sturaro) that aren't able to do the long ball thing. We had shitty wingers last year that couldn't exploit space now we do and that's gonna end up stretching the other team making playing out of the back easier. How often did we actually gain 3 points from bonucci making a long call pass? Once? Twice?
The worry isn't that Pjanic or Marchisio can't play the ball well but that they will now have to drop much deeper on the regular to collect it and do so. Having a Bonucci in defense meant they could regularly stay higher up the pitch to help create when you have two uncreative wingers in Mandzukic and Cuadrado. Ideally though, Costa and Bernardeschi make up for our ball playing CM dropping deeper. Still, remains to be seen how well it will work out.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The worry isn't that Pjanic or Marchisio can't play the ball well but that they will now have to drop much deeper on the regular to collect it and do so. Having a Bonucci in defense meant they could regularly stay higher up the pitch to help create when you have two uncreative wingers in Mandzukic and Cuadrado. Ideally though, Costa and Bernardeschi make up for our ball playing CM dropping deeper. Still, remains to be seen how well it will work out.
I think having Matuidi is going to help out a lot the way Vidal did

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Matuidi. He does more running so Pjanic/Marchisio don't have to. They can focus on distribution whether 3 man or 2 man midfield
I think what's even more problematic for the build up play than Bonucci is Alves. None of Lichtsteiner, Howedes and De Sciglio have anywhere near his passing skills. The guy had 94% accuracy the first game against Barcelona.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think what's even more problematic for the build up play than Bonucci is Alves. None of Lichtsteiner, Howedes and De Sciglio have anywhere near his passing skills. The guy had 94% accuracy the first game against Barcelona.
I agree with that for sure :tup:

The sooner we get Cuads off and costa/Bern on the better we will be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)