Belgium bombings 22-Mar-2016 (4 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm kind of tired of the picture of this perfect ideal refugee. There are among them filthy medieval psychopaths, and saying let's welcome all in without any checking is most stupid thing germany has done.

All in all the west needs to get the fuck out of other affairs and leave them be and maybe, after 20-30 years it will be better. But for now, at least don't be angry at countries that tries to protect it's borders like hungary did. Fucktards at EU are looking at people like an economic units without any thought that first of all people are cultural animals.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest if anyone thinks that from the 1 million and counting people that came in were not even one terrorists are a bit crazy, not to mention how there are many many guys coming from afghanistans and other areas that have nothing to do with siria... Refugees from afghanistan that come here to make europe better, just like new mebers with 1 posts from afghanistan and knows every little inside joke on tuz. yeah...
That's not the picture I'm trying to paint at all. While I have good experiences with people from Syria and Iraq people from Afghanistan have generally been total cunts imo. Not to say that I haven't met nice Afghans (I have), but for the most part they're not very likeable.

That doesn't mean they bomb shit here though.

- - - Updated - - -

So bombing the fuck out of places and regime change to spread democracy had nothing to do with it?
We'll save Australia, don't want to hurt no kangaroo.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
That's not the picture I'm trying to paint at all. While I have good experiences with people from Syria and Iraq people from Afghanistan have generally been total cunts imo. Not to say that I haven't met nice Afghans (I have), but for the most part they're not very likeable.

That doesn't mean they bomb shit here though.
Of course that doesn't maybe they just leach, or maybe maybe they do something good, but in anyway, there are procedures and should have not been removed to let ANYBODY in, that was just plain stupid. Borders are for a reason after all.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Of course that doesn't maybe they just leach, or maybe maybe they do something good, but in anyway, there are procedures and should have not been removed to let ANYBODY in, that was just plain stupid. Borders are for a reason after all.
The procedures in place were impossible to follow though. The Dublin Regulation is pure bollocks for example. As for all other procedural rules: not much has changed really. People who apply for asylum are screened the same way they always have been. If they don't meet the criteria, they are sent back. Not that much to complain about imo.

Of course it's not easy to take care of all these refugees. But you have to keep in mind that many people who come from Syria (almost everyone) and Iraq (many) do meet the criteria needed for protection.

- - - Updated - - -

Well reading this thread, you'd think these refugees and fanatics appeared out of thin air
It's not out of some deep resentment towards the US or Europe though. It's mostly people with little chance of personal success in our society. The problem is mostly the society we have created here, not what we might have done abroad. It's tough to grow up in a place where everyone claims racism doesn't exist, yet you fail to get a job because you're called Ahmed and not Jan or Niels (typical Flemish names).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm kind of tired of the picture of this perfect ideal refugee. There are among them filthy medieval psychopaths, and saying let's welcome all in without any checking is most stupid thing germany has done.

All in all the west needs to get the $#@! out of other affairs and leave them be and maybe, after 20-30 years it will be better. But for now, at least don't be angry at countries that tries to protect it's borders like hungary did. $#@!tards at EU are looking at people like an economic units without any thought that first of all people are cultural animals.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest if anyone thinks that from the 1 million and counting people that came in were not even one terrorists are a bit crazy, not to mention how there are many many guys coming from afghanistans and other areas that have nothing to do with siria... Refugees from afghanistan that come here to make europe better, just like new mebers with 1 posts from afghanistan and knows every little inside joke on tuz. yeah...
:tup:

Well reading this thread, you'd think these refugees and fanatics appeared out of thin air
You'd think they would be smart enough to bomb the folks directly involved, but they don't do that. They kill innocent people. Which is what they would do regardless of whether their country was bombed or not. They are total scum.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:tup:

You'd think they would be smart enough to bomb the folks directly involved, but they don't do that. They kill innocent people. Which is what they would do regardless of whether their country was bombed or not. They are total scum.

Andy,

You are really wrong about this. And so is Raz. I don't think I've ever seen people so wrong about something. And I don't blame. Hell, it's this exact image the media have been painting for months. But these bombings were not carried out by refugees, I can tell you that much.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Andy,

You are really wrong about this. And so is Raz. I don't think I've ever seen people so wrong about something. And I don't blame. Hell, it's this exact image the media have been painting for months. But these bombings were not carried out by refugees, I can tell you that much.
You expect them all to settle down peacefully and do some gardening if the ones who are already there are doing this stuff?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
God please help me figure this out, what makes a human being try to achieve something, anything, by killing innocent people.

Seven, chester, Buck, glad you guys are safe.
Has anyone heard from Zach?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You expect them all to settle down peacefully and do some gardening if the ones who are already there are doing this stuff?
What do you mean?

My point is that these attacks are most likely carried out by people who were born and bred in Belgium, in Europe. Refugees didn't commit the crimes in Paris. I'd be very surprised to learn that the people who did this today were Syrian refugees. They are, most likely, Belgian.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy,

I'm not sure who did it, but it's not wrong to say we should have controls at the border and screening of migrants. That is like national security 101. It also seems that Belgium is lacking in terms of intelligence against possible threats as well, unlike the Germans who seemingly have sniffed out possible attacks a few times now.

If these were home-grown Belgians upset over racism, lack of opportunities, et cetera, you’re not going to solve that by improving their conditions either since they are attached to their radical ideology. Of course you can and should attempt to make things better, but you’ll still have to manage the threat. To me, that shouldn’t mean making everyone else’s lives more painful just to accommodate certain folks. That’s why you need targeted intelligence instead of broad police state measures like we see in the US, all of which I abhor.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
What do you mean?

My point is that these attacks are most likely carried out by people who were born and bred in Belgium, in Europe. Refugees didn't commit the crimes in Paris. I'd be very surprised to learn that the people who did this today were Syrian refugees. They are, most likely, Belgian.
Are you expecting the refugees to be more civilised than these local terrorists?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm not sure who did it, but it's not wrong to say we should have controls at the border and screening of migrants. That is like national security 101. It also seems that Belgium is lacking in terms of intelligence against possible threats as well, unlike the Germans who seemingly have sniffed out possible attacks a few times now.

If these were home-grown Belgians upset over racism, lack of opportunities, et cetera, you’re not going to solve that by improving their conditions either since they are attached to their radical ideology. Of course you can and should attempt to make things better, but you’ll still have to manage the threat. To me, that shouldn’t mean making everyone else’s lives more painful just to accommodate certain folks. That’s why you need targeted intelligence instead of broad police state measures like we see in the US, all of which I abhor.

We actually have fairly good border control in almost all of Europe, especially upon entering the EU. In terms of terrorist attacks in Europe itself I wouldn't consider that a problem at all.

I believe Belgian extremists only become attached to their ideology because they are being marginalized. If you grow up here as a muslim you are looked down upon. It's subtle, but it is very pervasive. Because we have big muslim communities in Belgium, especially in Antwerp and Brussels, you get large segments of society who grow very frustrated. We should work to somehow improve their situation. As for managing the threat I agree, you do need to try and do as much as possible. Unfortunately if people want to blow up stuff, they'll always find a way.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you expecting the refugees to be more civilised than these local terrorists?
I've met lots of Syrians and Iraqis who were very well educated, learned Dutch within months and have done their utmost best to integrate in our society despite their very obvious post traumatic stress disorders. You describe them as savages, but they are not. They were expensive watches and use smartphones just like you in many cases.

But that's not even the point. You're saying that if we prevent refugees from entering Europe that terrorist attacks wouldn't happen. Clearly the opposite is true as these attacks are carried out by Europeans.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
The procedures in place were impossible to follow though. The Dublin Regulation is pure bollocks for example. As for all other procedural rules: not much has changed really. People who apply for asylum are screened the same way they always have been. If they don't meet the criteria, they are sent back. Not that much to complain about imo.

Of course it's not easy to take care of all these refugees. But you have to keep in mind that many people who come from Syria (almost everyone) and Iraq (many) do meet the criteria needed for protection.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not out of some deep resentment towards the US or Europe though. It's mostly people with little chance of personal success in our society. The problem is mostly the society we have created here, not what we might have done abroad. It's tough to grow up in a place where everyone claims racism doesn't exist, yet you fail to get a job because you're called Ahmed and not Jan or Niels (typical Flemish names).
What about the time when they just rode trains to germany? what processess were there? was it hard to jump off anywhere or just walk out of that mess wherever you wanted in the middle of europe?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What about the time when they just rode trains to germany? what processess were there? was it hard to jump off anywhere or just walk out of that mess wherever you wanted in the middle of europe?
Hungary is a EU member. They rode trains from Hungary to Germany. If they apply for asylum in Belgium in order to get a permit and in order to be able to make and receive money, they'd still need to meet the criteria. So I'm not sure which point you're making. It's not as if we're welcoming the entire world without asking questions. We allow people who are persecuted in their own country to stay in ours. That's it.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Andy,

You are living in belgium so I don't blame you, but you are very wrong too. Believe me, I'm very happy about open borders, because of that I live in a much safer place, while sadly more economic countries got all the worst of people lithuania have to offer the first day the europe opened it's borders for easy access.

Not to mention all the utopian dreams about helping every refugees... Well, if russia doesn't fart big our way, I certainly will be much happier here in our deep "european" woods rather then the open and free societies of central europe, where you can get blowed up just by going to a concert.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You are living in belgium so I don't blame you, but you are very wrong too. Believe me, I'm very happy about open borders, because of that I live in a much safer place, while sadly more economic countries got all the worst of people lithuania have to offer the first day the europe opened it's borders for easy access.

Not to mention all the utopian dreams about helping every refugees... Well, if russia doesn't fart big our way, I certainly will be much happier here in our deep "european" woods rather then the open and free societies of central europe, where you can get blowed up just by going to a concert.
Shot.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

This is not about some Utopian lefty dream. It's about the Refugee Convention.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Hungary is a EU member. They rode trains from Hungary to Germany. If they apply for asylum in Belgium in order to get a permit and in order to be able to make and receive money, they'd still need to meet the criteria. So I'm not sure which point you're making. It's not as if we're welcoming the entire world without asking questions. We allow people who are persecuted in their own country to stay in ours. That's it.
The could have smuggled brought in brought out trained and returned, they could and did whatever they wanted with this great system. One thing they should have done, is block them at the boarder and there they should have reviewed them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)