Beijing 2008 Olympic Games [SEE THREAD RULES ON PAGE 1] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
For the record, i'm watching the match with my son. He's 19 months old and he doesn't understand anything yet but he's not crying while watching the match so i must conclude that he likes football :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
For the record, i'm watching the match with my son. He's 19 months old and he doesn't understand anything yet but he's not crying while watching the match so i must conclude that he likes football :D
Good news!

Just don't let him watch any English football...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Mascherano owning the Brazilians was pure gold. Actually, the guy himself is pure gold. The best DM in the world, without any doubts.

And of course, Messi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ronaldinho+Pato+Diego

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
There was an article a while ago where Dunga was critisising pato for some reason. I find it funny that he prefers Sobis to pato, pato didn't play much in this game but he was much more dangerous.

Another thing about Ronaldinho, he showed glimpses but unless he does something about his fitness i see another rivaldo case happening.

Finally i dont know if it was brought up or not but what great goals from the nigerian no.7 i think. Actually the whole performance was great by them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We aren't any good either or we weren't in that game, Klejston and Novak practically gave it away. Nigeria is probably the least talented team to emerge from the groups. Not saying they don't deserve the final, just surprised to see them there.
Orozco is the dumbass who gave the game away. But Nigeria has a lot of talent and team speed (not only physically but with the ball). Even if the dumbass didn't get red carded two minutes in, we still would have had trouble with that team.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Orozco is the dumbass who gave the game away. But Nigeria has a lot of talent and team speed (not only physically but with the ball). Even if the dumbass didn't get red carded two minutes in, we still would have had trouble with that team.
I though Klejstan was terrible in transition and did more to kill US counter attacks with his atrocious passing that Nigeria defense managed for the entire game. I think it would have been an even game 11 v. 11. Nigeria's back line is skeptical and Altidore has the speed to test it, but he never got the opportunity. Then we get Klejstan staying on the entire match, even tough he can't string together two passes in a row, while Holden, our most consistent midfielder, comes off? Then the Davis guy comes on and was phenomenal why he didn't come on at 60 minutes, I'll never know. Really though blame should lie fully on the shoulders of Freddy Adu and Michael Bradley, those two want to be the leaders of a new generation of US player then they need to start acting like it. Not getting bone head yellow cards.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I though Klejstan was terrible in transition and did more to kill US counter attacks with his atrocious passing that Nigeria defense managed for the entire game. I think it would have been an even game 11 v. 11. Nigeria's back line is skeptical and Altidore has the speed to test it, but he never got the opportunity. Then we get Klejstan staying on the entire match, even tough he can't string together two passes in a row, while Holden, our most consistent midfielder, comes off? Then the Davis guy comes on and was phenomenal why he didn't come on at 60 minutes, I'll never know. Really though blame should lie fully on the shoulders of Freddy Adu and Michael Bradley, those two want to be the leaders of a new generation of US player then they need to start acting like it. Not getting bone head yellow cards.
Yeah, the fault really lies on Adu, Bradley and Orozco. But Nowak shouldn't be the assistant to Bob Bradley and Bob Bradley isn't qualified for the job anyway. There are problems all over the place.

And I never thought Klejstan was that great of a talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)