Beckham to Juve: such a bad idea (2 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
#10 said:
Beckham as a media icon in large is overblown and overrated. In the eyes of the majority who dont know enough about football, Beckham is shit.

Now imho he can often be shit, causing no danger whatsoever to the oposition. However as Sadomin said, for what he is good at, he is fucking brilliant at. His ranged passing is second to none, set piece delivery is outstanding. He doesnt score many goals from setplays but he create a truck full.

He hasnt got the skill to be a winger, nor the pace. But imho if he played in a side where pace was in abundance and he could play in a "pirlo" esque role, imho he would be brilliant.

However Juve dont have any pace so it pointless.

Like English football, Beckham shares if not embodies the hatred towards Epl on many forums especially this forum.

Beckham, underated because he is overated.
Beckham sees long pass brilliantly but I havent seen him improvise with a ball at all. The moment he pass the ball, you know which pass is coming. Take players like Valeron, for example. He doesnt put those 50 yard passes which even people who nothing about the game notices, but he put so much disguishes into those passes coupled with his movement around the box, he wiped floor with the best of them in his prime (Modric has similar ability IMO). Pirlo has feel for the game Beckham can only dream of. I never knew that being a good crosser alone can make you the second best player in the world (by FIFA's criteria in 1999). That is overrated.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mondo1

May 14, 2006
beckham klose frings barzagli and co? the gazzettas go creazy. every day we r linked with a new player and most of them are ... like beckham
plz go to inter or to metrostars.....
let's work for some big deals not for beckham

Silvers

Sep 3, 2006
Although there is no way Beckham should start over Camo; as mentioned him taking Giannichedda's place wouldn't be too bad.... maybe he can refind his form and go out on a high? There are alot worse players we could have for free.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
free transfer wouldnt hurt i say u ask Poshy Spice her intake on the matter far more concrete! Would u move to Turin? omg Becks it like took us 2 years to settle in spain and u still cant speak spanish now u want to speak italian?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Camoranesi in the middle just doesnt work either. he works well in a wide position then drifting inwards.

As for becks, he can play in the middle but once again, works better on the wing.

For beckham to play at his best he needs to be used correctly, as fergie used him. at Real he has never been used correctly.

Although i have posted my line up in the above posts, i think for beckham to work he'll need a very good right back behind him, and a flat midfield with good two way midfielders in the middle.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Don Bes said:
must i repeat myself again?

its one of those things that just works on paper
Don Bes speaks the truth. Camoranesi has been tested in the middle a few times in the past, not really a succes. He was average in the middle, usually drifting to the right anyway.

Camoranesi will stay though. He's not that wanted in the transfer market, Deschamps likes him(that's the impression I have anyway), he's a crucial player, he talks about "us returing to Serie A as fast as possible", he still has a longrunning contract and Gigli is set to offer him a new one. This talk of Marchionni leaving, is due to Camoranesi retaining his place on the team so well. Though what can I say, i'm a huge Camoranesi fan :D. So take it with a pinch of salt.

I'd still get Beckham though. Like Sadomin and others pointed out, he's quite an underrated player. We might need to find him a new role though, could he play as Right fullback? Similar to Camoranesi, Beckham was also tested in the middle in the past, and it wasn't a succes either. Besides all the money Beckham's free transfer'd bring in, it'd be great for our image,credibility and our way back to the top. Think about it; the newly promoted Juventus can capture the signing of the world's most well known player(and even bench him :D)...

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
becks on a free transfer is the biggest bargain you can get... he will get alot of merchandising and media hype about juventus troughout the whole world, than he has been playing as a central midfielder now for a long time, and he is an exelent passer of the ball, very dangerous in all set plays with his free kicks.. i dont think he is a world class player but i think he definetly fits in our squad, at least our current squad..then becham is the kind of player that trezeguet and buffon will be expecting to remain at turin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)