Beckham debate (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I frankly don't care what kind of looks he might have; that should not even be discussed. The Spice Boy is a very adept free kick taker, and is not bad on crosses. His best quality is his long distributing, which is barely world class. But his dribbling skills are minimal, as well as his creativeness. What shocks me is that Carlos Quieroz insisted on playing Beckham as a central midfielder; isn't that a job for someone who can tackle and has good positional sense? Those two aspects are the flaws of David, as well as his speed and ball skills.

Beckham is no Makelele or Helguera, and certainly no Luis Figo. Therefore, the hype he recieves is unwarrented, and Real only bought Becks to extend the Club's popularity in the East. Maybe a good decision buying Beckham from an economic standpoint, but a stupid decision in a footballing sense. Could Real sit out of Europe next season? Well, if so, you can blame the sensless signings of Owen and Beckham for some of the misery.

OP
Alex

Alex

May 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #23
    Some ppl say he was a better player whilst at ManU. I agree in that he played better but he wasn't any more skilled or anything different it just that the English style was all he could handle. IN SPain, especially in Madrid they play with the ball on the ground and through the middle. Bechkam is only good when fast counterattacking play is needed or when pressure in the form of constant crosses into the box are needed.

Also at ManU Becks has always had a forward strong in the air. How many goals do Raul, Ronaldo and Owen score with their heads?

So basically its not that Becks has become crap/craper whilst at RM but that his peripheral style of play just doesn't fit in. What does all this mean? Beckham is player with 1or2 exceptional qualities but overall limited to by his other aspects of play.

Summary: Beckham is overrated

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    Beckham dont need to be skillfull... his superb crossing ( the best in the world i would say ) and pin point long range pass would bring no less goals than any skillfull dribbler... beckham does has a ridiculous commercial image, but as a footballer he is not overated... teams like England and Man United depends a lot to him... It is no coincidence that the breaking down of Man United era in EPL happens after beckham left.. i dunno what those football experts think but really i dun see why they wantt to cut all of beckhams stregth and play him in the middle....what a pity..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    I frankly don't care what kind of looks he might have; that should not even be discussed. The Spice Boy is a very adept free kick taker, and is not bad on crosses. His best quality is his long distributing, which is barely world class. But his dribbling skills are minimal, as well as his creativeness. What shocks me is that Carlos Quieroz insisted on playing Beckham as a central midfielder; isn't that a job for someone who can tackle and has good positional sense? Those two aspects are the flaws of David, as well as his speed and ball skills.

Beckham is no Makelele or Helguera, and certainly no Luis Figo. Therefore, the hype he recieves is unwarrented, and Real only bought Becks to extend the Club's popularity in the East. Maybe a good decision buying Beckham from an economic standpoint, but a stupid decision in a footballing sense. Could Real sit out of Europe next season? Well, if so, you can blame the sensless signings of Owen and Beckham for some of the misery.
    Real madrid's business works like this , they bring stars so Media can always focus on them. About Bekcham , it's known well why they brought him , just to get some popularity and some cash around the world. but i see it useless , as beckham is one of the best in his position where he played in MU...so playin CM is wasting time...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    like many have said before me Beckham has nothing either than his long range passes,and his set pieces,but he's nothing special,i mean wingers like Joaquin,Vicente,Reyes,Zambrotta and Giggs are all better wingers.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    If Beckham is not overrated I will like him.

But I treat him as shit cos obviously there r many other winger that r far much better than him.

OP
    Alex

Alex

May 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    putting the costs invloved aside(wage, transfer etc), would anyone welcome Becks at Juve?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sid ] ++
    I rather have Moggi play on the right side for juve instead of him:stuckup:
    Yeah, he'd convince every man on the pitch to play for Juve and we'd win 64-0

:extatic:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    he's about as one dimensional as any good player i've seen.he has his strengths and can cross and take set pieces like few others can.but otherwise he is not an intelligent player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)