Battle of the bands (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Oi, where's the techno in this list? :fero:

;)

just make a list and make sure the usual best are in INCLUDING Soundgarden and Alice in Chains

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #83
    I like Soundgarden stuff but I can't see how they can make up a top 32 list.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    True, Coldplay have made two good albums, but that's already two good albums more than say Tool, Rush or NiN :D But since you like Tool then yeah they should be in the list.

For Oasis, it's unfair to judge them now when they have written just 5 albums whereas the Beatles have done 10 (?). If you really want to compare them, then just compare the first 5 albums of both bands and Oasis would win hands down ;) It's from their late albums that the beatles really showed their worth. That's why the gallagher brothers should be in the list + I got to shake Noel's hand so that's cool too :D

God, I hate music critics.:D

And with all due respect, I don't think that "Parachutes" and "A rush of blood to the head" are in the same league as "Undertow" and "Aenema", but to each their own. It's good to argue music once in a while

And what about The Pretenders???

And that Oasis comparison is preposterous, young man. :) But I do agree with you that the Beatles albums from "Rubber Soul" on to "Let it Be" are truly master works.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #86
    True those two albums are not in the same league to the ones you mentioned....they're way better ;)

Why is the comparion preposterous? I was serious, however I'm not entering into a Oasis v Beatles discussion as they're two of my fav bands.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    That's why the gallagher brothers should be in the list + I got to shake Noel's hand so that's cool too :D

Me and my friends had drinks with Linkin Park for 2 hours after one of their gigs in Providence a couple of years ago, but you don't see me putting them on the list, now do you?:D:D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Why is the comparion preposterous? I was serious, however I'm not entering into a Oasis v Beatles discussion as they're two of my fav bands.

I know that you were serious. I'm just not really a big fan of theirs, but if you feel that Oasis should be on the list, then that's cool.

But The Pretenders have to be on there too.:D
    What, you think I ws going to let you get off that easy??

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #89
    Damn you :p Well ok Put the pretenders and take of NiN then? Or who do you propose?

PS If I were you I wouldn't be saying I had a beer with Linkin Park; not something to be proud of :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    PS If I were you I wouldn't be saying I had a beer with Linkin Park; not something to be proud of :D

For the record, we were downing shots of Vodka.:D

And they really are some cool guys. They were touring in support of their first album (the name escapes me), and they were headlining with a couple of other bands, and they played here at a place called Lupo's, capacity of about 350.

We knew one of the managers of the club at the time, and he asked us to have a few drinks with the guys. A few turned into about 12, and it lasted a couple of hours.

Yeah, take out NIN. That's cool.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Don't tell Liliana your story or she might jump on you :D

You make it sound as if that was a bad thing.;)

Besides, I had already mentioned it in the Linkin Park thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)