Barca fanboy debate (12 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Cesar and Buffon. Hmmmm

Cesar was brilliant last season and was better than Casillas, but on the course of both keeper's careers and ability wise Casillas is the better goalkeeper. He is the only one that rivals Buffon.

I have always felt that Liga players do not get enough credit on these boards.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #143
    Why? Seriously.

Edit: Also, you don't remember pre-Calciopoli Juventus?
    Nope, at the time my knowledge of Pre-calcioploi Juventus came from the FIFA video games. I had never watched a professional club football match before the 2006 world cup. I spent a lot of my free time that summer reading up about football news and history thru the internet and this website. It makes me jealous to hear everybody around here discuss brilliant matches and happenings that they witnessed in football that I have only read about
    So you dont seek titles in the future? :evil:
    lol, I admit I miss Serie B
    Same here man. I started dating this Old Lady in Serie B.
    :tup:
    My EPL supporting friends are so ignorant about football outside Britain. They know fuck all about any other leagues/countries, even Irish football. They laugh at me for supporting Galway United because they're "shit". I've tried to tell them that Irish football would improve a lot if people like them actually went to matches and supported their local team. If they're not prepared to do this they should shut up and stop insulting their own local team.

Also, they think I'm deluded when I try to tell them the two best keepers in the world and the best right back in the world play in Serie A.
    I know how you feel, I don't know anybody around here who values Serie A or the MLS even. Its all the EPL and Barcelona

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Cesar was brilliant last season and was better than Casillas, but on the course of both keeper's careers and ability wise Casillas is the better goalkeeper. He is the only one that rivals Buffon.

I have always felt that Liga players do not get enough credit on these boards.
    They do, but on current form Cesar is the better Keeper.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    I dunno, I never seen Cesar fuck up like Casillas did for that DP freekick last season and during the Milan game this season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Oh come on people, lets not lose our objectivity just because a lot of people rate Casillas higher than Buffon.

There isn't much between Buffon and Casillas in terms of ability, Buffon is the better keeper but not by the margin you guys would like us to believe.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
    Oh come on people, lets not lose our objectivity just because a lot of people rate Casillas higher than Buffon.

There isn't much between Buffon and Casillas in terms of ability, Buffon is the better keeper but not by the margin you guys would like us to believe.
    There is a big margin mate, lets not be biased here.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Also one could argue that if Casillas had the kind of defense J.Cesar had in front of him, he would have looked much better.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Casillas is an overrated player by some. Sure, Buffon did not have a good season last year, but Casillas makes several mistakes every season. Buffon, thus far this season, and prior to last season, has been close to impeccable for years. Every other time I watch Real I see Casillas errors.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Then again people tell me, Pepe , Albiol are good defenders.

I do not think that highly of Albiol. Used to think he was decent in Valencia, but has been just above average for Real Madrid. Pepe however is a quality defender.

Samuel is better than both put together though.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
    I do not think that highly of Albiol. Used to think he was decent in Valencia, but has been just above average for Real Madrid. Pepe however is a quality defender.

Samuel is better than both put together though.
    I agree, Albiol he was a dissapointment for me. Thought he would make it big time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)