Barca fanboy debate (5 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've seen some Barca fans around, and always ask them what they think about Pep, or if they remember Stoichkov or Cryuff, but they generally don't know what I'm talking about. At least the few I've seen here, minus one exception, my man Camillo.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #124
    Like every big team. They have Glory Hunter fans.
    That is true but here it is different. Football coverage in my country is rather poor and adjusted for people who know little about football. The commentators worship Barcelona and any thing they do just like they do for Brazil. ESPN in particular is to blame here for creating a culture of idiotic wanna be football fans who think they know everything about the beautiful because they watch the WC, the euros, and a few CL games that ESPN used to show. These so called fans completely follow ESPN's overly biased coverage and all think Barcelona and Manchester United are the greatest. The reason I joined this forum is because I cannot stand to talk to the football "fans" I know in real life, these idiots who think they know football better than me because they watch a few games a year and beat off to C. Ronaldo. They all love Barcelona and anytime I try to talk football they call me an idiot for liking Juventus, say I know nothing about good football, and call my team overly defensive cheating Italians. This is all they know because American soccer events and coverage brainwash them into loving Barcelona and thinking that it makes them real football fans. I like that football is starting to get noticed in the States but it is being ruined by idiots and I blame Barcelona. I love my country but I hate the way it views and handles football

I could go on for pages more about why I hate Barcelona perhaps more than Inter because I am really sick of dealing with this shit.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #125
    Why else would any of us have started supporting an Italian football club that the vast majority have no real affiliation to.
    I started supporting Juventus during Calciopoli, when we were rock bottom so I think I can claim that I am not a glory seeker

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    That is true but here it is different. Football coverage in my country is rather poor and adjusted for people who know little about football. The commentators worship Barcelona and any thing they do just like they do for Brazil. ESPN in particular is to blame here for creating a culture of idiotic wanna be football fans who think they know everything about the beautiful because they watch the WC, the euros, and a few CL games that ESPN used to show. These so called fans completely follow ESPN's overly biased coverage and all think Barcelona and Manchester United are the greatest. The reason I joined this forum is because I cannot stand to talk to the football "fans" I know in real life, these idiots who think they know football better than me because they watch a few games a year and beat off to C. Ronaldo. They all love Barcelona and anytime I try to talk football they call me an idiot for liking Juventus, say I know nothing about good football, and call my team overly defensive cheating Italians. This is all they know because American soccer events and coverage brainwash them into loving Barcelona and thinking that it makes them real football fans. I like that football is starting to get noticed in the States but it is being ruined by idiots and I blame Barcelona. I love my country but I hate the way it views and handles football
    That is not unique to your country. Replace ESPN with RTE and Sky and it's pretty much the same here. Except instead of Barca and Manure it's every EPL team (plus Celtic) but especially Manure.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    My EPL supporting friends are so ignorant about football outside Britain. They know fuck all about any other leagues/countries, even Irish football. They laugh at me for supporting Galway United because they're "shit". I've tried to tell them that Irish football would improve a lot if people like them actually went to matches and supported their local team. If they're not prepared to do this they should shut up and stop insulting their own local team.

Also, they think I'm deluded when I try to tell them the two best keepers in the world and the best right back in the world play in Serie A.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    My EPL supporting friends are so ignorant about football outside Britain. They know fuck all about any other leagues/countries, even Irish football. They laugh at me for supporting Galway United because they're "shit". I've tried to tell them that Irish football would improve a lot if people like them actually went to matches and supporting their local team. If they're not prepared to do this they should shut up and stop insulting their own local team.

Also, they think I'm deluded when I try to tell them the two best keepers in the world and the best right back in the world play in Serie A.
    Impossible to tell others mate, real football fans watch most leagues and are well aware of the talent overseas.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    My EPL supporting friends are so ignorant about football outside Britain. They know fuck all about any other leagues/countries, even Irish football. They laugh at me for supporting Galway United because they're "shit". I've tried to tell them that Irish football would improve a lot if people like them actually went to matches and supported their local team. If they're not prepared to do this they should shut up and stop insulting their own local team.

I see where they're coming from because the best two keepers in the world. One of them plays in the Liga.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    They even think Kaka is hugely overrated because he's played in Italy. They'd probably prefer Ryan Giggs.
    Well Giggs is a brilliant player indeed. Although he never reached Kaka's level in 2007.

Kaka has had a few great seasons then a few good ones. He hasn't been world class in a long while. I for one have always rated C.Ronaldo higher ability wise.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    I see where they're coming from because the best two keepers in the world. One of them plays in the Liga.
    That's not really my point. IMO, Cesar is slightly better than Casillas but that doens't really matter. They're both up there in the top five at least. The people I'm talking about don't rate Buffon and Cesar anywhere near Casillas, practically every keeper in the EPL, blah blah...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

I could go on for pages more about why I hate Barcelona perhaps more than Inter because I am really sick of dealing with this shit.
    But it's not even that bad when it comes to Barca. The Prem worshiping is much, much worse, especially when there is an entire show dedicated to it on FSC. Barca rarely plays on FSC and only sometimes on ESPN.

The only Barca asskisser is Ray Hudson on GOLTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)