Balzaretti! (3 Viewers)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
erm.. none of the players u mentioned are defenders(i think John Terry is the only superb defender within that age range)
true no defenders that came to mind, but he is a full back, and there are young good ones as well: Ashley Cole, Vidic, Barzagli, can't think of anymore at the moment

Mate, all the previously mentioned players aren't defenders. :smoke:

My bad, I thought that he was saying the opposite. :D
Fioretrecolori is a woman not guy. So she not he :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I think Balzaretti could be a starting player at left back. I believe he is better than Chiellini at that role and im hoping cheillini becomes a centre back.

The likes of Torricelli and Pessotto were never considered national team material when they first hit the scene for juve, which was at about Balzaretti's age. Both players were great for Juve, but rarely featured for the NT. did that mean they were not good enough? No it didnt, we won several trophies including the CL and Toyota Cup with them.

Balzaretti has been playing well and he plays with heart. No, he isn't as good as Maldini was, and he is no Zambrotta or Cole in form at left back...but he does his job and he seems to be a juve man, through and through.

The thing that made Juve so great when Lippi first joined as coach was that he made players, instead of buying the best. And he built the team based on these players that he made. Capello tried to buy the best and build the team that way, sure it was successful in Serie A (well not really in the end), but it wasn't half as good or successful as the team from 95-98.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I disagree with him not being good enough. He's had many assists for us this season. His game can improve (and should) but he's Juve material for sure imo. If not as a full back then I'm sure that he could make it as a winger because of his good crosses.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Balzaretti is the man. He goes in hard for the tackle and he runs like a fiend. I don't mind him as fullback, and I don't think he gets the respect he deserves.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
He's not underrated.If anything he's overrated IMO.I like him as a player,but he's not as great as he's made out to be.He's an average player with a big heart.He wouldnt be making the first team if we had a qualify wing back in the team,and he most certainly isnt good enough for the National team.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I think Balzaretti could be a starting player at left back. I believe he is better than Chiellini at that role and im hoping cheillini becomes a centre back.

The likes of Torricelli and Pessotto were never considered national team material when they first hit the scene for juve, which was at about Balzaretti's age. Both players were great for Juve, but rarely featured for the NT. did that mean they were not good enough? No it didnt, we won several trophies including the CL and Toyota Cup with them.

Balzaretti has been playing well and he plays with heart. No, he isn't as good as Maldini was, and he is no Zambrotta or Cole in form at left back...but he does his job and he seems to be a juve man, through and through.

The thing that made Juve so great when Lippi first joined as coach was that he made players, instead of buying the best. And he built the team based on these players that he made. Capello tried to buy the best and build the team that way, sure it was successful in Serie A (well not really in the end), but it wasn't half as good or successful as the team from 95-98.
Good post, Adrian! Balza is not a star like DP, but he plays with commitment. He was also one of the first to say he would stay. IMO, he would make a better winger than a full back, but he does his best. If he has a fault, it's that he does take a few games to really get into his stride, but I don't think he deserves the criticism he has had in the forums.

Balzaretti is the man. He goes in hard for the tackle and he runs like a fiend. I don't mind him as fullback, and I don't think he gets the respect he deserves.
:agree: He runs like a fiend because of his enormous stride. One stride of Balza's equals about 5/6 of mine! :oops: :D

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Good post, Adrian! Balza is not a star like DP, but he plays with commitment. He was also one of the first to say he would stay. IMO, he would make a better winger than a full back, but he does his best. If he has a fault, it's that he does take a few games to really get into his stride, but I don't think he deserves the criticism he has had in the forums.
:D couldnt agree anymore...
He deserves more respect :smoke:

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006

Great post, Balza really has become a good player for us. Solid & dependable. Not sure if he is an ideal starter for us in Serie A (I'd take Zambro back in a heartbeat!) but is a great squad player, providing good cover at both fullback positions, like Pessotto & Birindelli. Also, like Pessotto, he came to us from Torino & not many men would have the mental strength to make such a move.

Not sure about the Ashley Cole analagy though, I'd deffo rather have Balza than that over-rated, egotist. He can't even defend!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He's not underrated.If anything he's overrated IMO.I like him as a player,but he's not as great as he's made out to be.He's an average player with a big heart.He wouldnt be making the first team if we had a qualify wing back in the team,and he most certainly isnt good enough for the National team.
I fully agree with this.

Balzaretti is very likeable and useful, but hardly spectacular or special. Having said that, there are only a few really good wingbacks(which are head and shoulders above the rest) out there; so compared to most wingbacks he still qualifies as one of the better.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I fully agree with this.

Balzaretti is very likeable and useful, but hardly spectacular or special. Having said that, there are only a few really good wingbacks(which are head and shoulders above the rest) out there; so compared to most wingbacks he still qualifies as one of the better.
I'm sure that in the near future some1 will say that Criscito should play for the national team when he is just starting to play his 1st season with Juventus.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What can i say im a dirty girl! Sorry Marko i cant stand Donadoni, i use to like him b4 he became the coach
I can´t stand the guy in your avatar. :D

Totally agreed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)