Baltimore Riots/Freddie Gray (11 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
People jack off to the most inane videos with cops these days.

Instead of "I can't breathe" or people getting shot in the back, people are now getting worked up over bratty-mouthed girls at pool parties who get pinned to the ground.
I thought it was hilarious that someone would give the guy who slides into first in the slow pitch beer league a fucking badge.:lol:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
True. :lol2:

But putting that video and Freddie Gray in the same conversation makes a complete joke out of what happened to Freddie Gray.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
True. :lol2:

But putting that video and Freddie Gray in the same conversation makes a complete joke out of what happened to Freddie Gray.
True, that guy was simply an asshole. But at the same time it's probably guys like that (incompetent jerks) which make Freddie Gray situations possible.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Being an asshole is probably part of the formula. If not also just clueless and incompetent.

The problem when you set your threshold from the level of civil rights abuses resulting in custody deaths to include guys who are assholes to bratty girls at pool parties who suffer little more harm than public embarrassment, what actually are you accomplishing?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well, all of that could have prevented had the police officer showed up to the scene under control. If there are like 6 police officers at the scene and you're the only one running around like a terrier on crack, then you probably don't belong there.

I think the Police Chief has echoed that pretty well.
No, that would have been prevented if the girls left the scene as they were told 3 times. This cop didn't act in the best way to diffuse to situation to say the least, but the behavior of the citizens in question is a lot worse imo

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
In Iran we never knew that police could be brutal (until 2009 of course), at least in their confrontation with ordinary people. People usually used to have favorable views about police officers. We were always aware that these guys' job is tough and that they always have to be prepared for the worst case scenarios when approaching suspicious situations so general rules of survival when being caught in the middle of a troublesome situation and facing police were -no talking back to police, no behaving like a tough thug; be quiet and obedient, don't look for trouble and let them do their job-. Now this is the US police, whose title alone carries a negative connotation and is known universally as brutal and racist. Is the girl in the video out of her mind? My facebook was bombarded with the incident's video but except for the guy's pulling his gun (can't know if it's a taser or a gun though) I'm honestly not able to see what's SO wrong with the way the guy handled the situation (still far from ideal, that's for sure).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)