Baltimore Riots/Freddie Gray (17 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #602
    is this the case where the cop jumped on the hood of the car and emptied his magazine into the windshield? :D
    Apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

But hey, we have Lebron calling for peace so things should sort themselves out now.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #604
    and that seems like normal procedure to you?
    Where did I say anything about normal?

I'm talking about the system running its course. I wasn't there that night so 9 times out of 10 the police's word will probably trump anyone else's unless there is diehard evidence suggesting otherwise. So after what, 3 years, the court prosecuting couldn't come up with a strong point to make against the officer to claim he acted unlawfully?

If this is the case, blame the attorney prosecuting because they did a shitty job.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleveland patrolman Michael Brelo was one of 13 officers who opened fire on Timothy Russell and Malissa Williams during a police chase in 2012, thinking their car backfiring was a gunshot.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-24-07-27-36

I don't get it. People want justice and by justice they want the policemen they feel are guilty to go to court and tried for crimes. Then when it happens...when the justice system runs its course and a jury of their peers makes a decision...only one decision can possibly be made for them to be happy. So is it really justice?

To the mom: sorry for your loss but justice was served and a decision was made.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and another thing:

-Zimmerman: taken to court, jury of his peers said "not guilty". He had his day in court.
    -Officer in Ferguson: again, taken to court, jury of his peers...."not guilty". He too had his day in court.
    -Baltimore: SIX officers now taken to court and will have their day in court.
    -Cleveland: Officer taken to court, again, "not guilty"...He had his day in court.

To the endless people playing the victim card: Justice has run its course now four times. Because the decision they don't want to hear it's somehow not justice.

:touched:
    Now, without really knowing the details of any of these cases well enough to make a judgements concerning the officer's guilt, you do realise that you make a very convincing case for the side you're arguing against?

As you correctly said, in all of these shootings, the perpetrator was found not guilty. And that is exactly the problem many people have with these rulings, they feel that the shooter is cleared of all charges before trials even start, and that therefore, no justice exists.

Police officers not even getting indicted is just the bare minimum of jurisdictional action in these cases.

- - - Updated - - -

That's like saying "I'm not racist, but" :lol:
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Friend_argument :D

When you resort to such arguments, it's usually a sign that you should seriously reconsider your stance on the topic.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #607
    Now, without really knowing the details of any of these cases well enough to make a judgements concerning the officer's guilt, you do realise that you make a very convincing case for the side you're arguing against?

As you correctly said, in all of these shootings, the perpetrator was found not guilty. And that is exactly the problem many people have with these rulings, they feel that the shooter is cleared of all charges before trials even start, and that therefore, no justice exists.

Police officers not even getting indicted is just the bare minimum of jurisdictional action in these cases.
    -Michael Brown assaulted a police officer and tried to reach his gun.
    -Trevyon Martin attacked a security guard/neighborhood watch

How were they not guilty?

- - - Updated - - -

And the people in Baltimore rioted because they wanted the police officers indicted...and when they were the fools left the streets. And when these 6 officers are cleared, or if they are cleared, you will see the same retards out looking for trouble. They got their wish and when it doesn't come out the way they want its suddenly another injustice.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #609
    I did. Whether or not I know all the details is irrelevant because I'm not in the jury. The bottom line is, ALL the facts where presented to all the jurys and yet the same decision was/has been made: not guilty. Nothing I said supports the other side at all. The fact they are still in clear denial even AFTER the system has run its course is my issue.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    The criticisms are exactly saying that something is wrong with the way decisions are made in the court, whether due to biased jurys, biased investigations, biased federal attorneys, or dysfunctional laws.

That some aren't even indicted only adds further injury to the issue, but is not the whole issue just by itself. Neither are the famous examples over which riots break out, the real reason for all the conflict is an, at least perceived, systematic unjustice when it comes to police brutality or similar issues.

And an official jury decision does not mean justice if the jurisdictional system is intrinsically flawed.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #611
    The criticisms are exactly saying that something is wrong with the way decisions are made in the court, whether due to biased jurys, biased investigations, biased federal attorneys, or dysfunctional laws.

That some aren't even indicted only adds further injury to the issue, but is not the whole issue just by itself. Neither are the famous examples over which riots break out, the real reason for all the conflict is an, at least perceived, systematic unjustice when it comes to police brutality or similar issues.

And an official jury decision does not mean justice if the jurisdictional system is intrinsically flawed.
    There is not "perfect" justice system anywhere.

So, it seems by your opinion then, that all jury teams are biased, investigations are rigged and laws are dysfunctional apparently against the criminals.

Ask yourself: would the officer in Ferguson had to have used his weapon if Brown would have simply listened to him the first time he asked him to get off the street? Or maybe if he hadn't have charged him while in the car or reached for his gun?

I see your point, but you are playing devils advocate for the other side which is all fine and dandy but at the end of the day, the facts/evidence apparently did not work in the victims favor. But then again, you seem to think everything that has happened in the above examples were rigged or biased? Unless I am not understanding your post then for that I would apologize.

No court decision is 100% accurate and perfect but when you weigh in all things into consideration: evidence, testimony, etc and the decision is made its taken into account all things.. Again, unless everything is corrupt or biased as you are claiming it could be?

- - - Updated - - -

Where is @Vinman for all of this? I would like to hear his opinion, if he would be at liberty to discuss it? He is/was a cop I think.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    There is not "perfect" justice system anywhere.

So, it seems by your opinion then, that all jury teams are biased, investigations are rigged and laws are dysfunctional apparently against the criminals.

Ask yourself: would the officer in Ferguson had to have used his weapon if Brown would have simply listened to him the first time he asked him to get off the street? Or maybe if he hadn't have charged him while in the car or reached for his gun?

I see your point, but you are playing devils advocate for the other side which is all fine and dandy but at the end of the day, the facts/evidence apparently did not work in the victims favor. But then again, you seem to think everything that has happened in the above examples were rigged or biased? Unless I am not understanding your post then for that I would apologize.

No court decision is 100% accurate and perfect but when you weigh in all things into consideration: evidence, testimony, etc and the decision is made its taken into account all things.. Again, unless everything is corrupt or biased as you are claiming it could be?
    Basically, you can't say that their protests are baseless simply because in the most prominent cases the officers (& Zimmerman) were found not guilty after their trial, when it is exactly the point of those protesting that jurisdictional decisions favour the officers. You listing all the cases where officers where found not guilty is exactly the evidence they correctly use.

In my personal opinion (which wasn't the original point of my posts) there are indeed severe deficits in how the police, federal attorneys and courts react to police brutality and shootings. This does not however mean that every single case should end with a conviction, from what I've seen, the majority of examples are far more complicated and the methods the officers used might be justified, at least to some extent. Still, the integrity of the police force is incredibly important in any state of law, and things are not looking that great in that regard.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #613
    Basically, you can't say that their protests are baseless simply because in the most prominent cases the officers (& Zimmerman) were found not guilty after their trial, when it is exactly the point of those protesting that jurisdictional decisions favour the officers. You listing all the cases where officers where found not guilty is exactly the evidence they correctly use.

In my personal opinion (which wasn't the original point of my posts) there are indeed severe deficits in how the police, federal attorneys and courts react to police brutality and shootings. This does not however mean that every single case should end with a conviction, from what I've seen, the majority of examples are far more complicated and the methods the officers used might be justified, at least to some extent. Still, the integrity of the police force is incredibly important in any state of law, and things are not looking that great in that regard.
    In all of the cases mentioned here, after the fact, they were quite baseless because it was found that the police had a right to do what they did.

Police brutality isn't the same to every one, either. People playing victim, for example, will certainly show that is true.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-05-24-07-27-36

I don't get it. People want justice and by justice they want the policemen they feel are guilty to go to court and tried for crimes. Then when it happens...when the justice system runs its course and a jury of their peers makes a decision...only one decision can possibly be made for them to be happy. So is it really justice?

To the mom: sorry for your loss but justice was served and a decision was made.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and another thing:

-Zimmerman: taken to court, jury of his peers said "not guilty". He had his day in court.
    -Officer in Ferguson: again, taken to court, jury of his peers...."not guilty". He too had his day in court.
    -Baltimore: SIX officers now taken to court and will have their day in court.
    -Cleveland: Officer taken to court, again, "not guilty"...He had his day in court.

To the endless people playing the victim card: Justice has run its course now four times. Because the decision they don't want to hear it's somehow not justice.

:touched:
    Why does this upset you so much? Personally, I could care less.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #615
    Because it's a growing issue. I live close enough to DC/Maryland and in 8 years I've been here I've seen the nasty side of this and how worse it's gotten.

- - - Updated - - -

You are in Mexico so of course it wouldn't matter to you because why would it affect you?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Because it's a growing issue. I live close enough to DC/Maryland and in 8 years I've been here I've seen the nasty side of this and how worse it's gotten.

- - - Updated - - -

You are in Mexico so of course it wouldn't matter to you because why would it affect you?
    Yeah, I do live in Mexico. But at the same time I can understand why people would be disappointed by judicial outcomes.

Baltimore got on my nerves because I lived there and it sucked to see a quarter of the city destroying itself.

I understand the fear for your family with you living in Baltimore or DC.

Anywho, I thought maybe you had a family member on the force or something due to your continual gloating every time police win one of these cases. It's like you're amazed someone would question the outcome of these cases, as if a non-guilty verdict completely absolves a party from any wrongdoing. Which is not the case. That's why in many of these situations you see PDs and Cities paying substantial settlements to avoid civil trials. I'm not saying the officers involved intentionally did anything or meant anyone harm, but sometimes people fuck up and that should be acknowledged.

Concerning that Cleveland car chase shoot em up. Holy shit, what a fucked up situation! Someone's car backfires and they get shot to hell. Not really the police's fault per se, but still a fucked up situation and understandably some people are upset about. Can't hate 'em for that.

Now we'll really see some fireworks if that guy who shot the little kid gets off.

And never play the George Zimmerman card. Just don't. Be better than that.
    In any other state that guy would be behind bars and he's obviously not fit to own a weapon. He's been in how many gun related altercations since the trial?

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #617
    I do have people close to me that are police or agents. Quite a few. It's extremely hard to comprehend how hard their jobs are then know it all's here come and say how dumb police officers are, etc like a generalization.

I've had a serious issue in college with a police captain that only 2 people on earth know about: my wife and my mom. After that I convinced myself cops were bad for about 3-4 years after college. Later on, I came to terms with what happened, forgave the guy who I later found out has died thank God.

So Aaron, I am bigger than that. I was a victim of a guy with a gun to my head and a badge and I wasn't our looting or looking for trouble, no, my struggle was internal and it still is but I found the strength to use that pain constructively.

So if you must know I'm in an awkward limbo: part of me is terrorified of cops and because I have so many friends with a badge I have a soft spot for them because their job is hard.

I can say I look at this probably more clear than anyone other than an actual police officer.

- - - Updated - - -

And for the record that police officer was:

1.) a Chaplin for the Cleveland police department
    2.) Aftican American
    3.) Male

---

I've been through the struggle these fuckers have been though and they are taking advantage of it.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I thought that shit fake at first. Largely due to part when the cunt runs through the frame and hits a parkour role before chasing more kids.:lol:

Granted that guy should definitely not be a cop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)