Baltimore Riots/Freddie Gray (17 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #461
    What I question is how pressured they were to indict him on charges simply because of the fear factor of a backlash. Is there a genuine reason to take him to court or are they crumbling under the violence and the pressure?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'm sure these officers are being made an example of, but when people die in custody you have to start somewhere.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #463
    I'm sure these officers are being made an example of, but when people die in custody you have to start somewhere.
    Seems like a sacrifice to me. But, if anything, let the legal process run its course so people can be satisfied.

Thing is, even after all this, if they are found innocent people will still hit the streets.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #465
    What is the point of that picture? If the dog attacked someone you need to hold it down.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The point is that there are a lot of white people (or people in general) who are more sympathetic to dogs than they are to other people -- in particular black people.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Seems like a sacrifice to me. But, if anything, let the legal process run its course so people can be satisfied.

Thing is, even after all this, if they are found innocent people will still hit the streets.
    I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but it doesn't do any good to play the guessing game either way.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    That in itself never fails to amuse me.
    It's making me catch on to what seems like a strategy of sets of responses to police arrests that some people follow. The "I can't breathe" thing might be good for cameras? Or the "injure myself in the police van to make it look like I was abused" approach has also come up multiple times now. Cops have their dirty tricks. Perps have theirs too apparently. Both play the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)