Baltimore Riots/Freddie Gray (14 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Have you read up on MLK and how he taught them to self educate even if there schools weren't equal ? Or how they wanted to dress as clean and proper as to not distinguish themselves from everyone else? To speak proper and politely with manners to show you were above the perception of being less human? Shit even MalcomX spoke of these things! Do we choose to ignore ?
Good points and I agree.

However,

"These cities have gotten progressively worse since the civil rights movement not better".

Makes it seem like youre equating the Civil Rights Movement with the downfall of black american society. So maybe next time, you should add a little context. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Good points and I agree.

However,

"These cities have gotten progressively worse since the civil rights movement not better".

Makes it seem like youre equating the Civil Rights Movement with the downfall of black american society. So maybe next time, you should add a little context. :D
Well I may have written that incorrectly lol but that was my intent the above points

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I think if you put your original statement and some of the stuff you replied to me with, then you would avoid the collective WTF from the forum.:D
Ok i will edit the post right after lunch :)

- - - Updated - - -

Can't find the post you remember what # post

- - - Updated - - -

Well if anyone finds it let me know. Here's the context

Did not African American families stay intact, no fatherless homes? Did African American men not dress proper and speak proper and try to better themselves through education and work? There was poverty then was there not?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Meanwhile in NYC...

A few Swedish police officers on vacation apprehend a couple of guys fighting on the subway with no guns, tasers, batons, or piling on top of them. It can be done America!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it's this like this that make me glad i dont live in third world countires like usa.

even iraqis be like "get ur shit together usa"

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Meanwhile in NYC...

A few Swedish police officers on vacation apprehend a couple of guys fighting on the subway with no guns, tasers, batons, or piling on top of them. It can be done America!

It's kind of b.s. though. The guy is yelling he can't breathe, which illustrates how much the outcome of an encounter like this depends on the perpetrators as much as it does the cops. So what we get is a video and tweets that a few Swedish cops deserve a peace prize because they took down two black men without them being injured or killed??

The premise is really absurd here. It essentially suggests that there are no cops in the U.S. capable of apprehending a black man without killing him.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Aljazeera broadcasting demonstrations from Philadelphia and Baltimore live now...
Finally, Arab media says something about this...

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #451
    It's kind of b.s. though. The guy is yelling he can't breathe, which illustrates how much the outcome of an encounter like this depends on the perpetrators as much as it does the cops. So what we get is a video and tweets that a few Swedish cops deserve a peace prize because they took down two black men without them being injured or killed??

The premise is really absurd here. It essentially suggests that there are no cops in the U.S. capable of apprehending a black man without killing him.
    That and its highly unlikely Swedish cops come across this kind of thing as often as our cops do.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It's just classic disrespect too.

Like having a bunch of people get food poisoning from bad lutefisk served by a derelict chef in Malmö. And so two American chefs arrive as tourists and serve their version in the streets of Stockholm to locals walking by who seem to like it. Then post videos and tweets about it, suggesting, "American chefs school Sweden on how to make lutefisk".

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The whole education system -- which is really more the university certification system -- has gotten so out of whack with cost-benefit though. Can you really justify a masters in many cases if you end up not being able to apply it?
    Perhaps not. But like I said, the degree market is essentially saturated. Not enough jobs out there to sustain all the art history, business, and childhood development majors. So if you don't have even a bachelors in any of those, you're in big trouble competing with folks with masters. Far too many folks go to college that really have no business doing so.

Good on globalization there. But divorcing capitalism with governance is kind of folly, really. A lot of financial models (especially the power rule kind) end up with fiefdoms and enslaved masses.
    What's the difference from that and the current reality? Here, we have had vast government intervention for decades, yet the income gap continues to grow and the majority of the population is either a debt slave or living off some type of government crack. A little more on topic, but look at how the folks in this thread consider poor blacks, as if they all are unable to help themselves. These Keynesian ideologies really belittle folks, pushing them towards 21st century debt slavery or dependence upon government intervention. So while some think financial models based on less intervention are the at the root of all evil, Cloward-Piven strategy is far worse as everyone becomes subservient whether they like it or not. Apart from the political and banker class, of course.

That is freaking trippy. I was just on jury duty last month on a court case where a black kid in custody bangs the crap out of himself to intentionally injure himself in a police van ... with the testimony that cops couldn't seatbelt him at the time because he was so violent they first needed to try to get a spitmask on him and didn't have one for all the biting and spitting. It's almost the exact same behavior.
    Wow, that is strange. Perhaps this is some sort of strategy they use in the hood for eventual defenses. Not surprising, criminals will do anything.

Fact of life: don't break the law and you'll stand a better chance.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Hey, if they're liable, great that someone is finally holding them accountable. It's a shame that it took this sort of public scrutiny for that to happen.

That said, the justice system and angry mobs operate on two totally different timescales. The danger here is that this just becomes a legalized lynch mob if they don't follow proper criminal procedure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)