Baltimore Riots/Freddie Gray (18 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
You talked about "proper English". Do you really think walking with baggy pants and not speaking "proper English" is the problem?
It's part of the problem it's systemic of the mentality. In Italy the region in from is close to Naples and those who act like thugs and walk around bastardizing the dialect, dressing like thugs are the ones in trouble with the laws and have all the social issues.
You know what was one of the bright spots of the Baltimore scenario ? That mom slapping the crap out of her son! It starts at home and when 72% of African American children are born in fatherless homes it makes it that much more difficult. Then they get into that street mentality and it makes it worse.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's part of the problem it's systemic of the mentality. In Italy the region in from is close to Naples and those who act like thugs and walk around bastardizing the dialect, dressing like thugs are the ones in trouble with the laws and have all the social issues.
You know what was one of the bright spots of the Baltimore scenario ? That mom slapping the crap out of her son! It starts at home and when 72% of African American children are born in fatherless homes it makes it that much more difficult. Then they get into that street mentality and it makes it worse.
You're an indictment against whatever educational institution you attended.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
You're an indictment against whatever educational institution you attended.
Thanks for the helpful posts. Unlike you in have African American relatives and this is something that is important to me. Seeing my uncle pick himself up from the Oakland California slums and making himself something all the while not being a victim and not sagging his pants and speaking proper English all the while giving back to his community and helping young men to get away from that mentality and lifestyle

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Thanks for the helpful posts. Unlike you in have African American relatives and this is something that is important to me. Seeing my uncle pick himself up from the Oakland California slums and making himself something all the while not being a victim and not sagging his pants and speaking proper English all the while giving back to his community and helping young men to get away from that mentality and lifestyle
So because you have black relatives it makes you a part of it? :lol:

You know what the only worse thing than a pants sagging victim is? Someone who battled through the shit to make it and then completely lost anything resembling a perspective on the plight of others. I should know, I've got two of those cases as parents.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011

You know what the only worse thing than a pants sagging victim is? Someone who battled through the $#@! to make it and then completely lost anything resembling a perspective on the plight of others. I should know, I've got two of those cases as parents.
My family and I created everything we have from nothing my father came here with my mom and I at 24 years of age with 100 dollars in his pocket and not a lick of English. He didn't have press two for Italian or ever do anything criminal when things weren't going his way. Nor did he blame it on anyone else or his language barrier or being poor. He did what he had to to make what we have now a good life

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So is that the problem with Basques? People who live in the American South? The Creoles in Louisiana?

You talk in the dialect of where you are raised, and you are considered subversive?

Not sure I follow.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
So is that the problem with Basques? People who live in the American South? You talk in the dialect of where you are raised, and you are considered subversive?

Not sure I follow.
Ebonics is not a dialect. I come from an area of Italy with a dialect. Ebonics is a made up language by hoodlums it wasn't from a region or country. For instance my dialect sounds the way it does because it has influences from Spanish and French as the Naples region changed hands many times between those two countries.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011

You know what the only worse thing than a pants sagging victim is? Someone who battled through the $#@! to make it and then completely lost anything resembling a perspective on the plight of others. I should know, I've got two of those cases as parents.
The blacks in my family as you put it, put me closer to the situation as I have seen how one can take adversity and rise above not allow it to define them

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ebonics is not a dialect. I come from an area of Italy with a dialect. Ebonics is a made up language by hoodlums it wasn't from a region or country. For instance my dialect sounds the way it does because it has influences from Spanish and French as the Naples region changed hands many times between those two countries.
I beg to differ. Of the millions of black kids who say "axe" instead of "ask", we white people love to make fun of how hilariously ignorant those sad black people might be. But think about it: how are people talking around them from the time they grew up as a child through adolescence in high school?

They certainly aren't following Queen's English. Is that their fault? Is that because they're actively all trying to be street thugs?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
My family and I created everything we have from nothing my father came here with my mom and I at 24 years of age with 100 dollars in his pocket and not a lick of English. He didn't have press two for Italian or ever do anything criminal when things weren't going his way. Nor did he blame it on anyone else or his language barrier or being poor. He did what he had to to make what we have now a good life
Well done. But you're confirming my point that people who make it despite the odds lose all sense of understanding for people who aren't making it. I'm intrigued as to why this is? My parents escaped from the civil war in the 90's, came here in their 30s and started from scratch - now they're a part of the upper middle class here. The issue with them now is the repetitive bullshit that "if I could do it why shouldn't they?". This opinion isn't reserved for other refugees or immigrants, it's their default setting when discussing several groups with social problems, be it drug addicts, alcoholics, gamblers, refugees, the poor etc. In short their (and your) viewpoints on all this are very unsympathetic and makes you look blunt.

- - - Updated - - -

The blacks in my family as you put it, put me closer to the situation as I have seen how one can take adversity and rise above not allow it to define them
:sergio:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Your parents made it because they're white and they have connections to the Serbian mafia. Andrea's parents are from Napoli, thus they're half black so it was much harder from them.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Well done. But you're confirming my point that people who make it despite the odds lose all sense of understanding for people who aren't making it. I'm intrigued as to why this is? My parents escaped from the civil war in the 90's, came here in their 30s and started from scratch - now they're a part of the upper middle class here. The issue with them now is the repetitive bull$#@! that "if I could do it why shouldn't they?". This opinion isn't reserved for other refugees or immigrants, it's their default setting when discussing several groups with social problems, be it drug addicts, alcoholics, gamblers, refugees, the poor etc. In short their (and your) viewpoints on all this is very unsympathetic and makes you look blunt.

- - - Updated - - -

:sergio:
I don't forget. My point is if there culture doesn't change from within he problem will not be fixed from the government or outside forces. Same thing with the mafia/ Camorra in Italy. Until the community stands up and changes from with in. It will not change. My dad had ample opportunity to become one of the mafia guys he knows but he chose the correct path. He chose to go without eating so I would. He chose to not see my school plays and soccer games a lot so to pay the bills. He chose to learn the language and do the right thing. Without blaming anyone or his lot in life he picked himself up like a man. Didn't run away like a boy

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I beg to differ. Of the millions of black kids who say "axe" instead of "ask", we white people love to make fun of how hilariously ignorant those sad black people might be. But think about it: how are people talking around them from the time they grew up as a child through adolescence in high school?

They certainly aren't following Queen's English. Is that their fault? Is that because they're actively all trying to be street thugs?
Axe instead of ask isn't Ebonics. So we're on a different page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)