Ballon d'Or 2019 (2 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Btw this was Ribery's best season for me, not the treble winning one.

Treble winning one was more of a Liverpool case for me, with the entire team playing on a high level.
It's like you were reading my mind. :) I also think that's why we played so well (many said we played some of the best and most entertaining football they ever seen), guess it was cause Jupp just installed a machine where everyone knew their roles and they wanted to to redeem themselves from the year earlier. Also the signings of Dante, Martinez and Mandzukic was crazy good business. They were a perfect fit for the team.

Funny to think Don Jupp made Dante look world class lol.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 23, 2013
Honestly I don't really have a problem with Ronaldo's 2013 Balon D'or. I think giving it to one of Ronaldo or Ribery would've been justifiable. Both were out of this world that season.
1575532816588.png

- - - Updated - - -

The only Balon D'or of Ronaldo's that I have a problem with is 2016, which should've definitely gone to Griezmann.

For Messi it's 2010.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like you were reading my mind. :) I also think that's why we played so well (many said we played some of the best and most entertaining football they ever seen), guess it was cause Jupp just installed a machine where everyone knew their roles and they wanted to to redeem themselves from the year earlier. Also the signings of Dante, Martinez and Mandzukic was crazy good business. They were a perfect fit for the team.

Funny to think Don Jupp made Dante look world class lol.
Martinez was a master stroke. Demolished Barcelona's midfield that season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
BTW Lewa would have been a top 3 pick for me but this year I'd have liked to see someone different win it, such as he, Mané or De Bruyne. KDB has no chance without a big trophy though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Messi didn't win it last year so what's the point?
My point is that I think those two have done more than just shoot up the little teams, the original point is more than unfair. Although I think playing for Bayern, Barcelona or Real Madrid is a bit of a license to score a tonne of goals. Lewandowski is often so far ahead of the other top scorers it's comical, numerous 30, 40 goal seasons, and Bundesliga only has 34 rounds. Aubameyang and Werner were around his mark for a few years. But you'd expect Bayern's CF to be top scorer every season.

Other teams it seems to take an extraordinary season for even a top player - Higuain's best season at Napoli, Salah at Liverpool, Ronaldo did it once for United, Luis Suarez at Liverpool as well. It's quite a rarity for a 30+ season in Serie A or the Premier League. In Spain it's commonplace because of the two legendary players at those two teams. Scoring 48 or 50 league goals is completely absurd stat padding, so I agree in that sense.

I think for a Bayern player, probably the same for Juventus, they need to win the CL to win the Ballon d'Or.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)