Balkan/Yugoslav team (7 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
Cool thread.. But that would never have happend.. I'm sure it would have ended in chaos with all thoes nationalities..

Alen: How much do you know about Fifa and the rules?.. I would like to ask you if you think it would be possible for Kosovo to get players like Cana (Allbania), Shaqiri, Behrami, Xhaka, Mehmeti (all Swiss), Hetemaj (Finland), Bajrami (Sweden) etc. back playing for the Kosovo National Team?. Ofc when the team is recognised and allowed to take place in Fifa/Uefa tournaments.

I know that normally you can't, as you are "closed" to one team. But in this case, when all thoes players could not choose to play for Kosovo as it had no national team, would you think they would give the players a chance to choose again?..

"sorry for going a bit off topic" but it's still a balkan team :p

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Cool thread.. But that would never have happend.. I'm sure it would have ended in chaos with all thoes nationalities..

Alen: How much do you know about Fifa and the rules?.. I would like to ask you if you think it would be possible for Kosovo to get players like Cana (Allbania), Shaqiri, Behrami, Xhaka, Mehmeti (all Swiss), Hetemaj (Finland), Bajrami (Sweden) etc. back playing for the Kosovo National Team?. Ofc when the team is recognised and allowed to take place in Fifa/Uefa tournaments.

I know that normally you can't, as you are "closed" to one team. But in this case, when all thoes players could not choose to play for Kosovo as it had no national team, would you think they would give the players a chance to choose again?..

Why would they play for Kosovo instead of Albania? It's true that Kosovo is a country but they're still Albanian.

May 4, 2004
Dude read before you speak ;) All the players I am talking about are from KOSOVO and not Albania! They are Kosovo-albanians -> Kosovars.. :)

The only reason players like Cana play for Albania is because he was not able to pick Kosovo NT.. Just like Shaqiri and the rest.. Shaqiri did even say that he would have picked Kosovo if he could, but it was not possible so he went with Swiss and not Albania..

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
Why isn't Kosovo a country?
This is becoming everything but football discussion (like everything on balkans anyway)... Kosovo was Autonomous Province in Yugoslavia. Never was Republic up until recently. It's secession from Serbia is regarded highly controversial and very few liberal people from Serbia acknowledge it. Kosovo is also recognized as a state by less than a half UN states.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My question was relevant to the thread, surely? Thanks for the answer :)

I looked at the picture showing states who recognise Kosovo as independent, I think you need to have a word with your hispanic brothers, no love!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

I'm really not sure since I don't think there was a same case.
The most similar is Yugoslavia. After the break of Yugoslavia one part of its territory continued to carry the name Yugoslavia (later it became Serbia and Montenegro) but players from Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Macedonia, who played for the old Yugoslavia, were allowed to play for their new countries despite the fact that there was still a country called Yugoslavia.

I don't think that FIFA and UEFA have some precise rule on this but I personally doubt they will let those guys play for Kosovo.
And I'm not sure at all if those guys will be still active by the time Kosovo becomes a FIFA member :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
My question was relevant to the thread, surely? Thanks for the answer :)

I looked at the picture showing states who recognise Kosovo as independent, I think you need to have a word with your hispanic brothers, no love!
I wonder why?

Maybe because Kosovo sets a precedent for Basque and the likes? :p

Nedvěd

Yugoslavia would a hell of a team.

Begović

Ivanović Subotić Vidić Kolarov

Modrić Pjanić Rakitić

Jovetić Džeko Vučinić

#Winninić

or

Handanović

Ivanović Subotić Vidić Kolarov

Modrić Rahimić

Krasić Jovetić Vučinić

Džeko

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm surprised by the lack of Croats, you'd think there would be more Croatian players than Modric that would make this Yugo eleven.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Yes, I think they can switch to Kosovo if they got their own NT.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Dude read before you speak ;) All the players I am talking about are from KOSOVO and not Albania! They are Kosovo-albanians -> Kosovars.. :)

The only reason players like Cana play for Albania is because he was not able to pick Kosovo NT.. Just like Shaqiri and the rest.. Shaqiri did even say that he would have picked Kosovo if he could, but it was not possible so he went with Swiss and not Albania..
That just sounds like an excuse imo. I know Kosovo is a different country but all Kosovars I know call themselves Albanian. I guess I'm just saying that I don't see much of a difference between the two and since Albania is already a somewhat established team they'd just play for that, kinda like how players from Catalonia play for Spain.

Nedvěd

I'm surprised by the lack of Croats, you'd think there would be more Croatian players than Modric that would make this Yugo eleven.

Rakitić is there. Srna would be on the bench, so would be Olić. Although if he could regain his older form, I'd put him in the first team. I'd actually play Vukojević instead of Rahimić in my 2nd formation which would another Croat.
Pletikosa on his day can break into that team. Petrić, Kranjčar and Klasnić would also be on the bench. So you could say, most of the bench would be based of Croats, and some of them would be good enough to start, if it wasn't up to form and injuries.

May 4, 2004
I'm really not sure since I don't think there was a same case.
The most similar is Yugoslavia. After the break of Yugoslavia one part of its territory continued to carry the name Yugoslavia (later it became Serbia and Montenegro) but players from Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Macedonia, who played for the old Yugoslavia, were allowed to play for their new countries despite the fact that there was still a country called Yugoslavia.

I don't think that FIFA and UEFA have some precise rule on this but I personally doubt they will let those guys play for Kosovo.
And I'm not sure at all if those guys will be still active by the time Kosovo becomes a FIFA member :D
Thanks for that.. Yeah, I remember the issue with Yugoslavia and the others, so was thinking that Kosovo could get the same treatment now/when they really do get the accept from Fifa :)
Yes, I think they can switch to Kosovo if they got their own NT.
:tup:
That just sounds like an excuse imo. I know Kosovo is a different country but all Kosovars I know call themselves Albanian. I guess I'm just saying that I don't see much of a difference between the two and since Albania is already a somewhat established team they'd just play for that, kinda like how players from Catalonia play for Spain.
You are right, but it's normal we say we are Albanians, as we.. Ask me what are you I would say Albanian, ask me where I'm from I will say Kosovo... You could be Albanian from Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro (Ulqin) or Macedonia (40% of the population there is).. Some Kosovars do want a United Albania but thats a different story.. Anyway, ask any Kosovars if they would choose to play for Albania or Kosovo, they would go with Kosovo (when it's possible).. Trust me :)

You can not compare it to Catalonia.. Catalonia is not a country.. Kosovo is (now)...

EDIT: I did not know, but are you from Albania? Shqiptar je ? :)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for that.. Yeah, I remember the issue with Yugoslavia and the others, so was thinking that Kosovo could get the same treatment now/when they really do get the accept from Fifa :)

:tup:

You are right, but it's normal we say we are Albanians, as we.. Ask me what are you I would say Albanian, ask me where I'm from I will say Kosovo... You could be Albanian from Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro (Ulqin) or Macedonia (40% of the population there is).. Some Kosovars do want a United Albania but thats a different story.. Anyway, ask any Kosovars if they would choose to play for Albania or Kosovo, they would go with Kosovo (when it's possible).. Trust me :)

You can not compare it to Catalonia.. Catalonia is not a country.. Kosovo is (now)...

EDIT: I did not know, but are you from Albania? Shqiptar je ? :)
Catalonia considers itself a different country from Spain(or maybe nation), they're just not recognized or something. Someone willing to shed some light on this? I'm not really sure.

Po, Shqiptar jam. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)