Balkan/Yugoslav team (7 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Zlatan would never play for anything else but Sweden. He says it all the time that Sweden made him the player he is and that he's sees it as his duty to represent Sweden.

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
Zlatan would never play for anything else but Sweden. He says it all the time that Sweden made him the player he is and that he's sees it as his duty to represent Sweden.
It's hard to know that. Yugoslavian team would be in top 5 in the world for the past 20 years. Think that would had huge impact on his choice for sure.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
It's hard to know that. Yugoslavian team would be in top 5 in the world for the past 20 years. Think that would had huge impact on his choice for sure.
International football is not about joining the best team, its about the country you want to represent.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Serbia have some pretty good players too, but they choke all the time. There is no guarantee that a Yugoslav team wouldn't choke. Assuming Zlatan wouldn't play for the team, this would be my Yugoslav team.

--------------Handanovic

Corluka----Ivanovic---Vidic--Kolarov

---------------Kuzmanovic

------------Pjanic---------Modric

----Jovetic------------------------Vucinic

------------------Dzeko

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
MC spot looks the weakest eventhough I like Kuzmanovic he's not so great. But that looks great, yeah.

I believe they'd choke, da, it's in our blood to do so. We'd beat Brazil and Germany but lose against Poland and San Marino.

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
International football is not about joining the best team, its about the country you want to represent.
According to his father Šefik Ibrahimovic, Šefik went two times to B&H football federation to tell them about his teenage son, but no one was interested about some Zlatan(which is so typical for our country). His fathers wish was to see his Zlatan playing for Bosnia. So for me there is no doubts that he would play for Yugoslavia. But on the other hand Zlatan would for sure be useful addition to Yugoslavia but wouldn't be needed so badly in national team.

But Kosovo was and all the mentioned Albanian players are from Kosovo.
Really didn't know that and was too lazy to check every player on Wikipedia :D My fault :)

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
But Kosovo was and all the mentioned Albanian players are from Kosovo.
Pristina and Trepca had serbs and other nationalities when they played in the league (during Yugoslavia time). But after the war you are right, they'd be called traitors. But we have no problames with Croats, Bosnians, Slovens, only with Serbs.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
If Yugoslavia still existed as one country these players would go far every WC.

Handanovic
Ivanovic-Vidic-Subotic-Kolarov
Modric
Krasic-Vucinic-Jovetic
Ibrahimovic-Dzeko

I doubt Ibra would pass up the opportunity to play for such a team and would pick this team over Sweden.

Bench/Reserves:
Pjanic
Kranjcar
Kovacic
Stankovic
Pranjic
Olic
Pandev
Corlucka
Srna
Misimovic
Rakitic
Illicic
Bojan
Lovren
Kuzmanovic
Eduardo
Zigic
Petric
Ljajic
Spahic
What is he doing there?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)