Roberto Baggio (12 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
For what it's worth, they don't show Venezia or Bologna either.
Vicenza Sergio, not Venezia :D

- - - Updated - - -

In my humble opinion, he is the greatest Italian player of all time, and had it not been for his niggling knee injuries, he'd have probably won a lot more.

Him, and Zidane, are my two favorite players, so I'm probably slightly biased :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Shit. My bad. That would at least explain why there were no pictures of him in a Venezia kit

And those 3 knee injuries were far from niggling.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Hold on. Why is Baggio a Juve legend and the great Zidane is not? :shifty:
Legit question.

Both are legends of the game (which IMO automatically qualifies a player as a legend of every club he played for), both won Ballon d'Or and at least one major trophy here.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Legit question.

Both are legends of the game (which IMO automatically qualifies a player as a legend of every club he played for), both won Ballon d'Or and at least one major trophy here.
I agree. Zidane even won more trophies than Baggio, 5 of them, compared to Baggio's 3. And more significant ones. He was very unlucky not to win the CL with Juventus. And he didn't betray us to go on and play for 2 most disgusting clubs in the world, AC Milan and :inter2:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
would you consider Thierry Henry or Edwin Van der Sar Juventus legends? :p
Ok, I don't consider those as legends of the game.
One is an Arsenal and France legend the other is an Ajax, MU, and Netherlands legend.

Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Baggio, Messi, Ronaldo, Buffon, Cruyff etc. -- this category, all time greats.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
One is an Arsenal and France legend the other is an Ajax, MU, and Netherlands legend.
dunno, Henry won everything there is to win with club and country while being a class act and a legendary forward, I'd consider him a legend of the game. maybe not a contender for all time best like Zidane, but still a legend. Del Piero also proved himself only with Juventus and Italy, but that doesn't stop him from being a legend, does it?
Van Der Sar also was a pretty great goalie that is and will be remembered for some time, though I had to admit I added him more for the point I tried to make not because he's definitely a footie legend :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I agree. Zidane even won more trophies than Baggio, 5 of them, compared to Baggio's 3. And more significant ones. He was very unlucky not to win the CL with Juventus. And he didn't betray us to go on and play for 2 most disgusting clubs in the world, AC Milan and :inter2:
Ma Vaffanculo :rolleyes: :andyandbarcelona: What betrayal?! We were the ones who disposed of him. He really wanted to play in the CL, and the season we secured qualification, guaranteed our seat back at the top table of European football, he was deemed excess to requirements and shipped to AC Milan. If anything, we were quite ruthless in dealing with him.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Not give him a new contract + Lippi forced him out, to accomodate DP, Vialli, Ravanelli trident.
Not that i'm complaining.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Baggio, Messi, Ronaldo, Buffon, Cruyff etc. -- this category, all time greats.
Come on man, if you're an Ajax legend of the 90s and a Man Utd legend of the 2000s then you're a legend of the game. Van Der Sar is surely up there with Oliver Kahn and in their generation. Behind Gigi but ahead of Cech and Casillas.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Come on man, if you're an Ajax legend of the 90s and a Man Utd legend of the 2000s then you're a legend of the game. Van Der Sar is surely up there with Oliver Kahn and in their generation. Behind Gigi but ahead of Cech and Casillas.
1st time i'm disagreeing with you...
Casillas surely one of the top GK all the time, for his thophy alone.
He's actually a great GK, not sure why many underrate him.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Ma Vaffanculo :rolleyes: :andyandbarcelona: What betrayal?! We were the ones who disposed of him. He really wanted to play in the CL, and the season we secured qualification, guaranteed our seat back at the top table of European football, he was deemed excess to requirements and shipped to AC Milan. If anything, we were quite ruthless in dealing with him.
Even if that is true, why are people hating on il grande Zizou? Because he liked playing for Real Madrid? :howler: Bunch of phaggots. He gave his all to Juventus while he was here.

- - - Updated - - -

Not give him a new contract + Lippi forced him out, to accomodate DP, Vialli, Ravanelli trident.
Not that i'm complaining.
:tup: I wouldn't say Baggio is overrated but he has never won my heart. I prefer Alessandro Del Piero.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Even if that is true, why are people hating on il grande Zizou? Because he liked playing for Real Madrid? :howler: Bunch of phaggots. He gave his all to Juventus while he was here.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: I wouldn't say Baggio is overrated but he has never won my heart. I prefer Alessandro Del Piero.
Still had a hard time to stomatch what Lippi did to him.
Kinda unforgiveable, 1st at Juve, 2nd at Inter.
Well good things was, he did leave those shithole, and end his playing career on Brescia with young Pirlo.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Still had a hard time to stomatch what Lippi did to him.
Kinda unforgiveable, 1st at Juve, 2nd at Inter.
Well good things was, he did leave those $#@!hole, and end his playing career on Brescia with young Pirlo.
He was the shizzle at Bologna and Brescia. :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)