Back To The Future? 2009 (1 Viewer)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
As I was putting up my Christmas tree the other day a song came on the radio; the first words are simple but so meaningful and deep, ‘So this is Christmas, and what have you done? Another year over and a new one just begun.’ (Well not quite I thought) But then I thought to myself; Jesus it feels like yesterday I was putting up my tree last year.

Well what have we, I mean us as Juve done?

This year has been huge and is by no means over yet, but I thought before the game against Milan and the Champions League draw, it would be nice for us to come together (no Beatles pun intended) and share our favourite moments of 2008 during the festive season. A period of reflection; from Del Piero’s freekick which secured the 1-0 over Roma, Revenge on Inter, Securing a Champions League place right up to little Seba’s grand introduction last week.

My personal favourite was doing the double over Real Madrid, in THE group of death we would always have our back against the wall fighting for a way out of the group. But to come through against the best club in the competition and not only win once but to completely and professionally outclass them at home is another thing altogether, Del Piero showing what class, grit and skill is, the ovation is one thing I’ll never forget.

So then this led me to think what will hold for us next year? Will we return to pre-calciopoli style Juve? Will we go far in the K.O rounds of the C.L? echoes of the 90’s. Become the Arsenal of Italy? are Seba, Marchisio and D.C gonna come into the frame more, become the Italian 80’s style Juve? Or are we going to settle on chasing Inter for another year? Hence the back to the future title, we have been there done it all folks. We have been to the deepest, darkest parts of football, and came back with our dignity intact.

Also I would like to applaud two players:

Alex Del Piero: Man of the year.
This guy is the ultimate legend, a master of his craft. Words are not enough to describe him, he shrugged off the critics and bounced back in only a way that a timeless footballer would, top scorer, crucial goals against top class opponents says it all, he is our tower of strength to lean upon in times and he has never failed to deliver, he is a man for all seasons. I salute you, Capitiano.

Momo Sissoko: Surprise of the year.
In January I was like many of you, why do we want him? Another mediocre player? Ect. Boy has he proved us wrong, within weeks he has won over the faithful, with displays of sheer determination that used to send the kop into raptures. He has soon aspired into our key CM and a player that all of siere A both respect and fear. He has been a masterstroke and it is frightening to think of what he has achieved in his carrier and he’s only 23.

I’m gonna also take this opportunity to say thanks for a great year guys, you are all top blokes (and ladies of course ;)) This marks the end of my first year as an active member, I only starting posting early Jan last year, but used to read this site a lot and yep, I have posted quite a lot in a short space, and there’ll be many more to come:D

I’d like to invite you all now to post your memories of Juve 2008 and any players you would like to praise.

Peace
X

Buy on AliExpress.com

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Happy Holidays man.. and many happy returns..

This year, Molinaro made one decent cross. I think this makes it a good one for him :d

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
great thread man! cant help but agree.

i have to say there have been many great memories. form alex being named capocannoniero to just now us topping our group in the cl. we have been to hell but now we are back!

i would like to praise our back 2 legro and chiellini they have saved us mny times, also zanetti and really every 1 there have shown great character and i would like to thank them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
chimi scoring against milan :heart: :heart: :heart:
camo's comeback vs inter :heart: :heart:
sali sandwitches brace vs milan :heart: :heart:
momo big boss sissoko's ownage and notably his overhead kick vs viola merda :heart: :heart:

legro & chiellini :heart:

Juventus :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I would like to thanks Alex for being there for us ( all the goals-250 :D- ). Gigi must be named in this section also..i was very impressed with his statement about man. city , that was touchy. And i cannot forget the win with inter on san siro, imo it was the most beautiful victory in this year. Happy holidays/x'mas/new year for all of you, my new juventuz family :heart:

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
the double over Real Madrid. Boy, was that something or what.
Thank you Del Piero.. You are the heart and engine as always..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well for me it has to be standing in Curva Nord, jeering the shit out of Zambrotta, screaming my lungs out and watching two 22 year olds own Ronaldinho and Zambrotta.

OP
Luca

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #14
    great moment jack, can I ask you a few things
    Did you take your camera in the end?
    How is it standing in the curva nord?
    I'm in turin for the last 16 second leg and I am going to try and catch the game and quite fancy watching it in the curva nord.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    great moment jack, can I ask you a few things
    Did you take your camera in the end?
    How is it standing in the curva nord?
    I'm in turin for the last 16 second leg and I am going to try and catch the game and quite fancy watching it in the curva nord.
    Well going in the Curva without knowing someone from a firm is impossible. I took with me a pocket camera, multimedia will be posted later.

Did you scream MAGGOOOOOOT, as you promised?
    Of course I did.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Well for me it has to be standing in Curva Nord, jeering the shit out of Zambrotta, screaming my lungs out and watching two 22 year olds own Ronaldinho and Zambrotta.
    How is that possible since AC Milan had a much superior mercato?? Ronaldinho and Zambrotta are 100 x players that we bought in our summer mercato. Our clueless and shitty management keeps buying garbage players. :sad:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    The best memory for me is Del Piero becoming Serie A top scorer for the 1st time in his career :touched:

PS and the fact that his closest rival was our own Trez made it even sweeter as a Juventino.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    The best memory for me is watching Ale score the freekick vs Zenit... It wasn't a particularly good match, but when Ale scored it signalled our comeback to the big league, something the Old guard must have been dreaming of when they stayed put to weather the storm in B...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    icεmαή;1852031 said:
    The best memory for me is watching Ale score the freekick vs Zenit... It wasn't a particularly good match, but when Ale scored it signalled our comeback to the big league, something the Old guard must have been dreaming of when they stayed put to weather the storm in B...
    Gold post. One of the best memories I hold. I'll never forget our first CL goal after we made our comeback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)