Azzurri Thread (88 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Not wrong at all. He over-thought it too much, but I don’t think Italy would have won that final anyway. The players were absolutely fried, and had one day less rest than Spain.
Idk if I remember correctly then, but didn't he revert back to their usual 4312 system when the 352 worked so well in the group stages? Basically trying to play open game with Spain, which was never gonna work.

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm wrong - sorry. But it's been a while and i'm getting old.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Idk if I remember correctly then, but didn't he revert back to their usual 4312 system when the 352 worked so well in the group stages? Basically trying to play open game with Spain, which was never gonna work.

- - - Updated - - -

It was like that. The 352 worked perfectly against Spain in the groups. De Rossi in particular was amazing in the defensive role.

For the final he changed to the 4312 with Montolivo as AM and injured Chiellini at LB. A mess.

And no, no way that Prandelli did a better job than Conte. Not even close.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Also he used all 3 subs and then Thiago Motta got injured and Spain scored 2 of their goals with Italy being a man down.

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
His plan is to achieve covid herd immunity within Italian football. Smart
The large call up is precisely because of covid. A number of ASL were expected to stop players from travelling as there are covid cases in their teams and they have to be in their team's bubble. So from these 41 call ups a reduced number will come first, and a second reduced number will come later.

As of now players form Genoa, Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina, Inter and Sassuolo won't be able to travel.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54881728

I was reading this having a chuckle to myself. Scotland have a Euro playoff final coming up so they went back to some players and the manager to discuss the narrow loss to Italy in 2007 that stopped them getting to Euro 2008.

I love how they get so wrapped up in the "disgraceful" awarding of a free-kick but only begrudgingly admit that Ferguson was offside for his equaliser. Not only that, Italy had a perfectly good Di Natale goal given offside at 30' that would have made it 2-0 and killed Scotland.

Has to be said that the Spanish officials had an awful game.

People really do remember what they want to from these moments @Suns

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Who would take Orsolini in a squad of 23?

If you take the "wide forwards" on both sides of Mancini's formation you can take perhaps 5 players from a list of Insigne, Chiesa, Berardi, Bernardeschi, Orsolini, El Sharaawy and Grifo. Zaniolo also largely plays from the right when he is fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)