Azzurri Thread (43 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
its just a shame his tenure coincides with such a weak generation of players in most positions. The best CMs are crucial but other positions are lacking.
Good options in goal, in central defence and centre midfield. Decent options on the wings.

Below average in the fullback areas and the striking options are horrible when comparing them to the Vieri, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Totti days.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I feel it's a much better side than Prandelli's as well. Prandelli's sides were never that impressive imo, I never really felt convinced by them.
Prandelli’s first two years in charge were very impressive imo. It kind of fell apart from the Confederation Cup 2013 and onwards. The teams defensive structure went to shit, and he placed too much trust in that idiot Balotelli.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
How are England the favorites for Euro 2020 (2021)? :rofl: :howler:

I just checked the odds and they're listed ahead of France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, and Germany. I can understand, to a degree, the Britbongs being favored over Italy, and, to a certain extent, over The Netherlands, but favorites? Come on.

I really think this Italy team could be something special, potential semi-finalists in both the Euros and WC 2022.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
How are England the favorites for Euro 2020 (2021)? :rofl: :howler:

I just checked the odds and they're listed ahead of France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, and Germany. I can understand, to a degree, the Britbongs being favored over Italy, and, to a certain extent, over The Netherlands, but favorites? Come on.

I really think this Italy team could be something special, potential semi-finalists in both the Euros and WC 2022.
Well you do have to say England do have a great team on paper. I don't really follow the Lions but the results under Southgate have been promising.

Henderson
TAA Gomez Maguire Chilwell
Maddison Henderson Rice
Sancho Kane Sterling​

With top tier talents like Mount, Bellingham, Hudson-Odoi, Foden, DCL and Nelson probably having their first season as a starter this coming season

It wouldn't surprise me if football is finally coming home this summer if those talents listed above prove their worth.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
England have a strong team and lots of talents coming through, lots of depth, but the midfield is still a problem, for me. I watch every game and there is this issue with controlling games, or lack of it. You'd pick Henderson and Rice but the third is anyone's guess. As a group it never strikes a balance.

The front three is fantastic and there is good depth there, especially on the wings.

If they continue with Pickford then the keeper spot is dodgy. Henderson looks better but tournaments are not friendly to England goalkeepers, and he's unproven. Also Gomez-Maguire might look good on paper but it's not at all convincing, either as individuals or a unit.

Jun 16, 2020
I remember the days when Italy would struggle to 1-0 or 2-0 wins against such opposition. And with much better players on the field too.

Mancini has done great work with the NT. Can’t be denied. Will be interesting to see how far he can take Italy next year at the Euros.
I didn’t like Mancini’s appointment but he proved me wrong. He did everything that needed to be done. Rejuvenate the squad, bring new and fresh ideas and started to win. Sadly enough didn’t see the last 2 games, but saw practically all the games in 2019 and pre-crisis.

Was the perfect time to have a manager who’s willing to trust a new generation as a lot of our young players were important at their clubs and meanwhile already moved to bigger clubs; Barella, Chiesa, Tonali besides that also trusted other young players like Kean, Zaniolo, Mancini and Romagnoli.

Before this we played with Parolo, Eder, Darmian, Candreva, Gabbiadini etc, so many average talentless players who should stay away as far as possible from the national team.

I think that we still need a few years to be a real contender for a big tournament, but for now everything is great.

And we should find a new wold class Italian striker, even though I like Immobile, we haven’t been able to create one in ages.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Well you do have to say England do have a great team on paper. I don't really follow the Lions but the results under Southgate have been promising.

Henderson
Maddison Henderson Rice
Sancho Kane Sterling​

With top tier talents like Mount, Bellingham, Hudson-Odoi, Foden, DCL and Nelson probably having their first season as a starter this coming season

It wouldn't surprise me if football is finally coming home this summer if those talents listed above prove their worth.
Bad defense average at best, mediocre goal keeping, a tad above average midfield and very good attack. France would annihilate this team.
They are semi finals contenders imo.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Henderson
Maddison Henderson Rice
Sancho Kane Sterling​

They’ve had much better teams than this shite you’ve posted. And failed miserably every time.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There is talk of Lorenzo Pellegrini being part of the trident attack tomorrow, with Kean or Chiesa for the final spot alongside Immobile. Why not just play Kean left and Chiesa right? Seems that Italy have so many CM options Mancini is struggling to fit just three in.

Verratti
Barella
Jorginho
Pellegrini
Locatelli
Tonali
Castrovilli
Sensi
Cristante

Also got Zaniolo (usually play more attacking) and Mandragora on the injured list. This area is by far the strongest area of the team. It's a shame there is not another defender or forward instead of a couple of these midfielders.

Jun 16, 2020
We’ve been doing great with Verratti - Jorginho - Barella. Keep things balanced. Sensi hasn’t done much besides 2 good months at Inter, Cristante will not bring us any glory. Pellegrini excelled as a AM at Roma, but was having some troubles as CM before that.

Hopefully we see this tomorrow:

Chiesa - Immobile - Berardi/Orsolini
Verratti - Jorginho - Barella
Spina - Acerbi - Bonucci - Lazzari
Donnarumma​

Romagnoli, Insigne and Chiellini still injured.
Hopefully some time for Castrovilli, Kean and Tonali. We desperately need a quality right back.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Prandelli was a good manager until his bad luck at the World Cup. If Suarez gets sent off, Italy probably wins and goes to the knockout stage. He had signed a contract extension and I imagine he would have stayed at least another 2 years

It’s an interesting what if because Conte was the next manager and after him Ventura :inter:

Viola has never been relevant since he left and he took Italy to the final in the Euros.

After the World Cup Prandelli lost the plot and proceeded to burn bridges at every club he left. He’s basically black balled in Serie A and is now a shell of a manager.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Prandelli was just thinkingering and changing things up over and over again. He inherited a team that had BBC, Marchisio, Pirlo, De Rossi, a young Verratti and a revived Cassano yet he couldn't get past Uruguay and Costa Rica.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)