Azzurri Thread (123 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Like anyone actually takes them serious...

When Chiellini is fit and with his mindset in the right place he is unplayable on his day, ofc injuries can still be right around the corner and what we say now might not matter afterall, but there's no doubt that even post-injury Chiellini is one of the best CB's you'll see around, and i feel he made a statement to his doubters with his performance tonight, really left a very positive impression.
As long as we can pair him or demiral with delig ,ill be happy

Its such a shame that we have 3 super grinta CBs in those guys...and we have to field il capitano milanista because of injuries. Its really a shame.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Chiellini, Locatelli and Spinazzola best players, in that order. Italy bossed Holland without creating enough big chances to make the win more clear. But tactically the neutralised and controlled the Dutch.
The issue of end product is still there for Italy. Gone are the days of world class strikers and number 10s, looks like they’ll have to do it the hard way, and have goals by committee to win games, as there isn’t a proper #9 to rely on and the likes of Insigne out wide aren’t good enough at this level.

The GK, CB, CM areas of the team are really good though.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Chiellini, Locatelli and Spinazzola best players, in that order. Italy bossed Holland without creating enough big chances to make the win more clear. But tactically the neutralised and controlled the Dutch.
Man I miss that guy. True Juventino. And was better than AS that season when he played.

There's too much mindless Paratici complaining but he done goofed big time in FB dept with him and Danilo.

And f Raiola too. I'm sure it had something to do with deLight.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I have no idea who the insane amateur peasant was who did the highlight selection of the game, but its absurdly bad..

Each highlight starts like 1 to 0.5sec before the shot, and then onwards to the next.

Like how can anyone see how the buildup or action is like this. Unacceptable garbage

Apr 9, 2015
Italian U23 players who played (45+) so far in competition:

Cagliari: Caligara, Sottil, Zappa
Crotone: Zanellatto
Fiorentina: Chiesa
Genoa: Pellegrini
Juventus: Frabotta
Inter: Bastoni
Milan: Donnarumma, Gabbia, Tonali, Colombo, Maldini
Parma: Pezzella
Sassuolo: Locatelli
Verona: Dimarco, Lovato, Danzi

Still disappointing but looks more than last years. Probs to Cagliari and Verona. Italy's quality the last 10 years suck balls.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
11 2nd or 3rd choices for today's friendly with Moldova

Expected formation
ITALIA (4-3-3): Sirigu; Lazzari, Mancini, Acerbi, Biraghi; Locatelli, Cristante, Bonaventura; Berardi, Caputo, El Shaarawy. Allenatore: Mancini.

Lazzari, Locatelli, Berardi, and Caputo are the ones I hope earn a place in the squad.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Would be nice for Caputo to get a goal. Not watching the game though.
There's his goal! 2-0 in 20 minutes with Cristante's opener.

Likeable guy, its nice to see all the players happy for him.

- - - Updated - - -

5-0 in 45 minutes with a heavy rotation.

Remember when even these games were a struggle under Ventura at some point.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Decent showing, even if the opposition were terrible. The more fringe players Mancini can get into the way of playing the better.

I'm not sure which is the better finish out of the 3rd or 4th goals.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I remember the days when Italy would struggle to 1-0 or 2-0 wins against such opposition. And with much better players on the field too.

Mancini has done great work with the NT. Can’t be denied. Will be interesting to see how far he can take Italy next year at the Euros.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah he has legit been a miracle worker in these qualifiers for years now. Euro was supposed to be the big test, but everything he done with Azzuri so far has been ideal. Play young players alot, rotate heavily giving everyone a chance, but still have perfect record and play goal feasting attacking football.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah he has legit been a miracle worker in these qualifiers for years now. Euro was supposed to be the big test, but everything he done with Azzuri so far has been ideal. Play young players alot, rotate heavily giving everyone a chance, but still have perfect record and play goal feasting attacking football.
The attacking style of football is similar to the Prandelli era, but I feel that this Italy under Mancini are much better defensively as well. Exciting times for the NT.

Is he the best coach in international football right now? I think there’s a fair argument to say he’s definitely up there.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The attacking style of football is similar to the Prandelli era, but I feel that this Italy under Mancini are much better defensively as well. Exciting times for the NT.

Is he the best coach in international football right now? I think there’s a fair argument to say he’s definitely up there.
its just a shame his tenure coincides with such a weak generation of players in most positions. The best CMs are crucial but other positions are lacking.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

I feel it's a much better side than Prandelli's as well. Prandelli's sides were never that impressive imo, I never really felt convinced by them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)