Azzurri Thread (61 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The backline is fine IMO.

It’s upfront where there are more question marks. But there seems to be more depth than in recent times. And with the youth teams doing so well, there will be even more options going forward for the next World Cup cycle.
Indeed the backline is fine. It's just that the CBs and the CMs are truly great. The next step for the backline to be amazing is finding the right FBs. Palmieri and Spinazzola are excellent to have at LB, the problem had been than Emerson was on the bench his first season at Chelsea season but that's fixed, and Spinazzola's fitness which is still an issue. Biraghi was (is?) the first choice leftback but I think with a fit Emerson/Spina there is no contest. Biraghi is the LB version of Zappacosta. The RB is a bigger problem, Florenzi is nice but has troubles as it's not his real position, and after him there is only De Sciglio. Justice for Lazzarri imo, worth a try.

The choice of a winger between Bernardeschi and Insigne is a luxury problem, as is the fact that we don't even mention Politano and El Shaarawy, or even Zaniolo in this role. The more the NT trains, the clearer that picture will be.

The real question mark is the CF. Not by accident Mancini called up 5 CFs, left Balotelli home, and still tried the false 9 in training. Quags probably won't keep this level up until the euros, so Belotti seems like the best option, maybe Kean? too early to be sure.

Barese

May 9, 2019
Wouldnt be suprised if Zaniolo will play at Barella's position after some time, basically playing as a CM/AM. I dont see a real winger in Zaniolo. Didnt convinced me at Roma neither at that position, but Pellegrini simply played better as AM so he was forced to play as a winger.

Im curious to see if Spina would succeed as a RB.

Happy that those depressing years finally are over.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
So why does France suddenly suck? Didn't watch that match.
In my opinion, it is partly about Deschamps not really finding the right balance and not using the younger more dynamic players. I dont think Giroud, Matuidi or Sissoko have it in them to be starter material for France. They could counter their way during the WC and focus on their defense (because lets be honest, they didn't really play that amazing while winning the Cup).

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Mancini doing a really good job thus far, honestly, i was surprised that people didn't think he was a good choice, quality at the international level is sparse, keeping Ventura for that long was a huge mistake, everyone could see what a fraud he was, Italy would have been embarrassed at the WC. With Mancini i think the squad can match the best of them, CF is the biggest issue, hopefully Keane grows into the player they need.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Mancini doing a really good job thus far, honestly, i was surprised that people didn't think he was a good choice, quality at the international level is sparse, keeping Ventura for that long was a huge mistake, everyone could see what a fraud he was, Italy would have been embarrassed at the WC. With Mancini i think the squad can match the best of them, CF is the biggest issue, hopefully Keane grows into the player they need.
Ventura is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Manciniball = Sarriball

4-3-3

Pass to Jorginho
Pass to Insigne
Back post to RW who sucks (Callejon/Chiesa)
CM pops up in half space (Verratti scores)
Fullbacks raped in wide area and CBs scrambling.
Press high and hope CB is good (Chiellini fiuuu).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)