Azzurri Thread (21 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
It was more of a problem in recovering the ball and controlling the midfield because of the back 3 with Mancini (the CB). Since he never came forward (wasnt supposed to) the midfield got overrun by Bosnia's press at times in the first half. With an actual RB going forward to press and make himself available it makes everything better against such a team. This back 3 setup would be better against team that wants to keep the ball instead of relying on drastic quick transitions.

Bosnia played their game well. Prosinecki has them well drilled.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
what a ball from Berna though, couldn't have been more perfect.

and Bonucci effort on Bosnia goal was shameful, Chiellini would've 100% blocked that cross with a sliding tackle.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Hopefully. There are some big problems in this team and I fear a top opponent could make them look a bit silly. The midfield for example looks nonexistent without the ball.
Look at the last World Cup though, how many "top teams" really are there these days? Russia embarrassed Spain, France won but looked pretty unconvincing, Brazil weren't anything special, and Argentina never are. Germany does look to be making a comeback, but aside from that I'm not all that wildly impressed by any national side these days.

As long as you have a working system, you can win. I feel that's far more important these days on the national level.

Jun 6, 2015
Look at the last World Cup though, how many "top teams" really are there these days? Russia embarrassed Spain, France won but looked pretty unconvincing, Brazil weren't anything special, and Argentina never are. Germany does look to be making a comeback, but aside from that I'm not all that wildly impressed by any national side these days.

As long as you have a working system, you can win. I feel that's far more important these days on the national level.
There are plenty of top teams. I'd say France, Belgium and Germany will be the favorites in the Euros. Also I think you're reaching a bit with France looking "unconvincing" and Spain being "embarrassed".

I hope I'm wrong, but in my opinion this Italy isn't what it's hyped up to be. Italy is basically just a copy of Napoli, do we really think that's good enough to win a major international tournament?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
There are plenty of top teams. I'd say France, Belgium and Germany will be the favorites in the Euros. Also I think you're reaching a bit with France looking "unconvincing" and Spain being "embarrassed".

I hope I'm wrong, but in my opinion this Italy isn't what it's hyped up to be. Italy is basically just a copy of Napoli, do we really think that's good enough to win a major international tournament?
We'll see what happens, but I do think it can be enough. Anything can happen in a knockout tournament.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Having something to prove and being unfashionable is good for this team. Normally they are overwhelming favourites in every group and historically always seen as a contender for every trophy.

Maybe we might not even see them make really hard work of the group...still time yet.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
All these “Yan” from the commentator is annoying. Can’t he just call them by their number?

Pitch looks good I must add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)