Azzurri Thread (21 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Its a 4-2-4, he said he wants to keep looking into this formation

Donnarumma (and 4 others) will join the U21 after the senior qualifier.

Donna; Spinazzola, Bonucci, Barzagli, Darmian; Marchisio, De Rossi; Insigne, Belotti, Immobile, Candreva

About to start.

- - - Updated - - -

What an own goal!!! LMAO

Insigne to Belotti and then Gimenez just blasts it in to his own goal

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Shit header from Eder, wasted Spinazzola's excellent cross.

- - - Updated - - -

Gabbiadini comes on and instantly sets up (I think he was shooting) Eder for 2-0.

- - - Updated - - -

3-0 De Rossi pen. Gimenez having a bad game.

You get the feeling Uruguay aren't keeping up with the Italy tempo in this game, friendly and all.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Spinalozza looked good indeed going forward, very natural with the balls and his runs. But was barely challenged this game.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
what do you mean? he doesn't overdo them or try to pull weird stuff?
I agree with Osman too. He looks very comfortable, its the thing that shows the most about his game. Doesn't overdo it, but doesn't play shy. Very natural.

If we play with an inverted LW (Insigne/El Shaarawy) then a left footed LB is a must. Spinazola's threat was very different (and better) than Darmian's/De Scilglio's in this system.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
But can he be persuasive enough and really penetrate opponents? Fancy work with balls won't get you far
He has done it in his 2 games for the NT so far, and he did it all season with Atalanta. He is very fast and skillful. The question with him is not if he can penetrate a defense, he does that all the time, the question is if he can be solid as a LB in a back 4. He plays WB (3-4-3)in Atalanta.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He has done it in his 2 games for the NT so far, and he did it all season with Atalanta. He is very fast and skillful. The question with him is not if he can penetrate a defense, he does that all the time, the question is if he can be solid as a LB in a back 4. He plays WB (3-4-3)in Atalanta.
yeah, protection is important, obviously. do you see him on top of Darmian or would you say he should be below him?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
yeah, protection is important, obviously. do you see him on top of Darmian or would you say he should be below him?
On top. But I am very partial towards having a player play on his "natural" side. Spinazzola just opens up the field so much more. Him or Darmian for the NT would be a choice depending on who are you facing, defense vs attack. That is, unless Spinazzola proves to be solid in a back 4 as well. Uruguay barely tested him, but he responded well at least.

I think Darmian should start in one of the flanks for now, until the others show their worth.

(RB) ------- (LB)

Zappacosta/Conti ---- Darmian

or

Darmian ----- Spinazzola

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)