Azzurri Thread (32 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
You have a point, especially Belotti who is having the kind of deadly season very few do, but Cassano's way to perform wasnt like this, and Insigne is yet to reach Cassano Roma level IMO. Which is pretty much the only place were he was consistently great for longer stretch, and not just super skilled or talented.
It could be that Cassano at Roma was better. In any case I don't think its too far in either direction between them, which is a good thing. What brings peace of mind with Insigne is that its almost certain that he will always perform to a good level, be it scoring, assisting or creating play. At worst he will run a ton and cover ground. With Cassano it was usually a lottery to see who would show up, the magician or the asshole.

The big question is El Shaarawy, he is still inconsistent, but that maybe that could be because he is not a starter at Roma. I haven't given up on him to come through at top level, although for the NT he won't be much more than a super sub. Insigne and Bernardeschi should always be looked at first. Berardi is the big one, if he makes the jump to a big team successfully and replaces Candreva then it will be great.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Allways liked El sharaawy, but he is not the same after injuries and confidence, also he basically become a winger, and he does not have the end product for that role. He was a counter attacking ss for Milan early on, and showed his lethal touch given that task and doing it with confidence. But litterally cant be that player anymore it seems.

When it comes to Cassano in Roma, there is a reason Real signed him for alot of money. He basically looked like Totti and Del Piero heir as nr 10, pissed away all that talent due to his 2 cells brained mental midgetry.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
El Shaarawy has played some games in the center lately, as a rotation option for Dzeko some times and it looks better than his winger self imo, I agree with you on that. He would look good in a 3-4-3 like Fiorentina play, where the 2 "wingers" (Bernardeschi, Valero or Ilicic) play more centrally and the wing backs overlap. Roma played some of that this season, but Nainggolan took the role on the left and Salah on the right, with Dzeko in front.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You have a point, especially Belotti who is having the kind of deadly season very few do, but Cassano's way to perform wasnt like this, and Insigne is yet to reach Cassano Roma level IMO. Which is pretty much the only place were he was consistently great for longer stretch, and not just super skilled or talented.
Cassano did reach a great level for Sampdoria for a while. which was shocking given how he pretty much self-destructed at Real, I never thought he'd come back from that

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Balotelli will be in the team for the Uruguay game but I doubt that he will be there next year. He has to find a team as for whatever reason it seems like he is not staying in Nice. Then he'll have to perform better than this term and stop with the dumb cards. He got 9 yellow cards and 2 reds this season playing just 2000 minutes.

I wish that he makes a good move for next season and performs at the top but its Balotelli so its not likely.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Balotelli will be in the team for the Uruguay game but I doubt that he will be there next year. He has to find a team as for whatever reason it seems like he is not staying in Nice. Then he'll have to perform better than this term and stop with the dumb cards. He got 9 yellow cards and 2 reds this season playing just 2000 minutes.

I wish that he makes a good move for next season and performs at the top but its Balotelli so its not likely.
He won't survive the press in either Italy or England, maybe Spain is a potentially good destination for him, he's the kind of gamble Atletico would take, but he's nowhere near hardworking enough for Simeone, maybe Villareal would take him

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol why would Atletico take gamble on him? They either sign South American hidden gems or players who are big success in lesser midle table clubs. Balotelli is the opposite.

And he won't able to handle a single training session by Simeone lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)