Azzurri Thread (19 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010
Juventino[RUS];4686366 said:
Morata has scored only 10 goals for Madrid, you can't count his castilla's goals as "professional"
He scored them in Spain's second division, which is comparable to Serie B.

Immobile's 28 goals for Pescara can't count as "professional" then.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
He scored them in Spain's second division, which is comparable to Serie B.

Immobile's 28 goals for Pescara can't count as "professional" then.
We don't have Juventus B in the Serie B, so for 18-19 years old italians it's almost impossible to have a starting spot for serie b side, while Morata was playing in Segunda for RMB, Immobile was working his ass off in Siena on training sessions without having a gametime

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
lets be honest though, immobile is far more one dimensional than morata is.
So what?

- - - Updated - - -

Morata has much better stats than Immobile had at the same age and outshone him at the u21 euro (finishing top scorer). He also has attributes that better suit us since he has better technique and can play with his back against the goal, unlike Ciro.

He'll be better than Immobile.
Hopefully, but we don't know that yet.

The whole Immobile situation was just completely asinine.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Lotito infuriates Italy players
By Football Italia staff

Lazio President Claudio Lotito has reportedly infuriated Italy players by entering the locker room during their friendly with Holland.

The patron was the major backer for new FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio, but would not run for Vice-President because it would be a conflict of interest.

However, Lotito travelled with the Azzurri squad for their friendly against the Netherlands in Bari and made his presence felt, including in the locker room at half-time.

He was wearing an official FIGC jacket on the touchline during training and went to dinner with Tavecchio.

According to several different papers today, the players are “infuriated” with Lotito’s constant presence and protested to Coach Antonio Conte in the name of Gigi Buffon and Daniele De Rossi.

However, the Lotito hit back in the Corriere dello Sport. “I have the credentials, so I go where I want. It’s all envy... What does Conte say about me? That I am a force of nature.

“I was in the Dutch locker room to get De Vrij’s jersey for my son, so I don’t understand what they want from me.

“I am a Federal counsellor, I am part of the Presidential board and can propose reforms, so there is nothing in the rules preventing me from staying with the Nazionale and going wherever I want.

“Another 20 counsellors also have the right to do that. Luciano Moggi did not.”

The papers are also growing concerned about Lotito’s influence on Tavecchio, especially as the Lazio President was the most fervent backer for the controversial FIGC chief in last month’s election.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Astori: "The impact has been good, also thanks to the juve players, who have helped us quickly understand Conte's ideas."
Giaccherini: "Serie A is one of the most important leagues in the world. But it has lost some of its value in recent years."
Giaccherini: "We are strong and dynamic players. We will need to play with plenty of penetration and dynamism."

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Juventino[RUS];4686612 said:
Ye it's not like bonucci and especially pirlo could give many long balls for his runs
With our gameplan, the strikers hardly make runs behind the defense, not necessarily because they lack the ability, but because they are not supposed to. We got one of the two playing CF (currently Llorente) with the back to the goal receiving passes, e.g. most of the longballs you mentioned, and distributes them along to either the SS (currently Tevez), our two box to box players (Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio), or the wingbacks. The other, as already mentioned is playing an SS type of role, drops deeper and helps connect the second and third part of the play.

Immobile is very ill suited to either of these roles. He's physically and technically too poor to play with his back to the goal or to drop deep and help with the build-up of a play.

His strengths, his movement behind the defense (especially useful against high lines of defenses which we basically never face), and his finishing would largely be wasted.

The money we gained from the sale of 50% (something that's nearly always overlooked when discussing the transfer; we never fully owned him and would have had to use additional funds to make him a Juventus player), is much more useful to the club than his abilities on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)