Azzurri Thread (39 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The Pezevenki "Serie A Legend" has 15 goals in 55 appearances for Italy (1 in almost 4 games!!!) and he's supposed to be Italy's CF. He's the worst CF Italy has had in.... FOREVER! He's not fit to lick Baggio's boots or tie Vieri's shoelaces. The same Cuntobile who also disappeared in the two pivotal games against Sweden 4 years ago. He's a piece of shit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Two players with pace and athleticism being difference makers? Who would've thought?!
Well… half this forum seems to think pacy, athletic players don’t matter and we should have been dominating with slow lethargic pussyfags like Kulu, Arthur, Sandro, Rabiot, and he who shall not be named. Any coach but Allegri would be dominating with our much very most athletic squad

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm talking about overall state of this squad
like others mentioned, they are missing one or two regular difference makers. put chiesa and spina in this team and they'll score much more. i think the tactics are all right, it's just that insigne, immobile, bellotti & co can't be trusted.

yesterday was extremely unlucky. you win these matches 9/10 times.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
'Golden Italian generation' :touched: @Bjerknes
Don't remember many saying that. But one thing that can't be taken away is that they won the Euros, regardless. That's in the history books.

The qualifiers were what they were, Italy have been playing within themselves in qualifiers as long as I can remember watching the team, they only really come alive in a tournament. The Euros success was built on a wave of optimism and playing as a dark horse, Italy were not a favourite in terms of their squad but had the positive football and cohesion to win a tournament.

This game was simply one of those games, why we love and hate football at the same time, because there isn't another sport where you can have that kind of contrasting performance and technical level and the stronger team loses by a shot at the end. That's just football and will continue to happen to profligate teams. This team has no cutting edge for personnel and intensity reasons, maybe they got too confident after the Euros win and got into the routine of dominating play and having that see them through until the end, but some of the efforts tonight were just laughable. That Berardi chance where the keeper gave him the chance and he casually rolled his shot back into his diving arms just says it all, they tried to coast it. I've seen it so many times it's almost funny. They thought the goal was coming at any moment, next thing it's 75 minutes on the clock and desperation.

Tbh I didn't really fancy them to beat Portugal with the way the squad was shaping up in terms of selection, and tonight proved that they would have had lots of problems scoring the goals against Portugal, even if their intensity would clearly have been much higher than against Macedonia. The damage was done in the Switzerland games and the missed penalties by Jorginho, otherwise it would have been the usual casual stumble through qualifiers that we've seen so many times.

Congrats to Portugal I guess, they will beat Macedonia by three clear goals judging by what I saw of the Macedonia defence in last night's game.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Two players with pace and athleticism being difference makers? Who would've thought?!
Well tbh Italy should be able to put together at least 10 teams that can beat the likes of Macedonia (of course given that the players are familiar with each other). Per transfermarkt the combined value of Italy internationals are 856mEUR (4th in the world) while combined value of N.Macedonia players is 65mEUR (57th in the world)..

Mar 9, 2006
Italy didn't lose qualifications yesterday, they've lost it against Switzerland and North Ireland. They are mentally weak, their desire to die on the field is around zero, last time when Italy was giving it all it was euro 2016 with Conte as head coach.

- - - Updated - - -

All the same,they cracks under pressure, can't win when its a win or die situation
1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

How to succeed against park the bus teams like Sweden, N. Ireland and Macedonia? PRESS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER, non stop pressing, give em hell, run and run and run, and Italians were not able to do it - neither with Ventura or Mancini
With Conte, they would have won all these matches, im 100% confident in it

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Conte was able to turn Giaccherini, Eder, Pelle, Parolo, DS into the world class team

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2015
1648163894188.png

Berardi missed this. :lol:

is this a Photoshop???
I didn´t watch the game, but no way that he missed this one!!!

- - - Updated - - -

No excuse not to beat Macedonia, but let's be honest, the only real killer in attack was Chiesa. I was afraid of this happening with those 3 eternal chokers upfront. It's been said, but this team needs a core of Juventus players who can handle the pressure of these types of games. Our success has always intertwined with the NTs success.
Lyon 2020
Porto 2021
Villarreal 2022

Mar 9, 2006
Снимок экрана 2022-03-24 205027.jpeg

Even with all the fails, Italy still have a very good results in the past 30 years
1 WC, 1 EURO, 3 times 2nd place, 1 time 3rd place, other countries can only dream about results like this
1990 wc- 3rd place
1992 euro - didn't qualify
1994 wc - 2nd place
1996 euro - group stage
1998 wc - quarter finals
2000 euro - 2nd place
2002 wc - round of 16
2004 euro - group stage
2006 wc - winners
2008 euro - quarter finals
2010 wc - group stage
2012 euro - 2nd place
2014 wc - group stage
2016 euro - quarter final
2018 wc - didn't qualify
2020 euro - winners
2022 wc - didn't qualify

But in 2026 it will 16 years without a playoff match in the world cup for Italy...ffs

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Congrats to Portugal I guess, they will beat Macedonia by three clear goals judging by what I saw of the Macedonia defence in last night's game.
I think so too. Nothing negative about the Macedonians. They have their best generation and they are not anymore a team at the level of Latvia, Moldova or Cyprus, like they used to be in the last 20 years or so. But they are still no match to teams like Slovakia, Austria, Ukraine or Wales, and Italy are imo the only big European team that can be eliminated by teams such as the Macedonian one. Current England, France, Portugal, Spain, Germany and Belgium would have won yesterday's match quite comfortably.
This being said, full support from me for Macedonia against Portugal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 36)