Azzurri Thread (35 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
Joao Pedro :lol:

Man at least they won the euros. But you know Italy wouldn’t qualify for the WC the moment Jorginho missed that penalty against Switzerland.

The only shocking thing here is going out against Macedonia. Portugal would have wiped the floor with them next week anyway.

What a miserable football season :lol:
Haven't really enjoyed any football for the past 3 years. A side from Juve's decline and England almost winning the Euros, the general quality of both club and international teams is really poor now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Honestly I was surprised Italy won Euro with out one quality striker. It caught up to them in the final stretch of WC qualifiers when Italy had to settle for ties because of few goals.

Even though CR7 didn’t score Portugal easily beat turkey. Without Sanches and Cancelo to boot. Wales beats Austria 2-1. Or should I say Gareth Bale beats Austria 2-1. Oh that’s right they have a quality striker/forward who can score goals.

It seems Italy for far too many years have had subpar striker/forwards compared to other top level countries with regards to international play.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
This Italy sucks without Chiesa, he's the entire creativity of this team. Seeing Berardi shuffle about like a ragdoll attempting anything except shooting at goal is ridiculous, hopefully BeneBini are watching this and stay well away from that guy.

Anyway, no Juve players, not my problem.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
This Italy sucks without Chiesa, he's the entire creativity of this team. Seeing Berardi shuffle about like a ragdoll attempting anything except shooting at goal is ridiculous, hopefully BeneBini are watching this and stay well away from that guy.

Anyway, no Juve players, not my problem.
Some of Mancini subs are questionable. He subs out Barella as the one of the main creativity source with Tonali. With Tonali, he play three regista Veratti-Jorginho-Tonali.
Chiellini subs also look strange for me

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Joao Pedro

Man at least they won the euros. But you know Italy wouldn’t qualify for the WC the moment Jorginho missed that penalty against Switzerland.

The only shocking thing here is going out against Macedonia. Portugal would have wiped the floor with them next week anyway.

What a miserable football season
We desperately need up and coming strikers, our midfield I'm not worried about but who can fill the gap up front?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:rofl:

Soooo… no Chiesa, no Locatelli, no Bonucci, no Bernaguti and Italy crashes out to an awful side :lol3:

Italy needs Juve or they suck ass.
Even with Juve, Italy still sucks ass. The whole country needs a reformation when it comes to football, and probably other things as well. The only reason they won the Euros is because Chiellini and Bonucci had the tournament of their lives, but that ship has sailed and the facade is over with. I warned about that in the summer despite the fact I was happy they beat Engerlund.

But Italy is in horrible shape. League sucks, clubs suck in Europe, lack of talent, weak investment, no World Cup again… Italy needs to change now or they risk being left behind, both club and country.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree: Football is fake and gay in its current iteration

Now...be a real burly manly man and watch the Figure Skating World Cup with me. Ladies Free Skating in 15 bongs and 41 bings :klin:

cc: @Cerval
When I was a kid playing hockey there was a story going around cottage country in Ontario that Eric Lindros was talking trash about figure skating and got knocked out by Elvis Stojko :boh:

Oct 23, 2011
No excuse not to beat Macedonia, but let's be honest, the only real killer in attack was Chiesa. I was afraid of this happening with those 3 eternal chokers upfront. It's been said, but this team needs a core of Juventus players who can handle the pressure of these types of games. Our success has always intertwined with the NTs success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)