Azzurri Thread (21 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Just another meh performance. They play good up to the 30 meter. After that not many ideas. Let's not kid ourselves, Finland is one of the weakest sides in Europe.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Just another meh performance. They play good up to the 30 meter. After that not many ideas. Let's not kid ourselves, Finland is one of the weakest sides in Europe.
No ideas in the final third, you reckon? I only saw highlights but I saw a good amount of scoring opportunities coming from some good looking passages of passing.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Italy can definitely build around Chiesa, Kean, Berna, Barella and Zaniolo. I'm not so sure if there are any outstanding talents @ CB or in midfield. Attack seems to be stacked, but midfield and central defense might prove to be slightly problematic moving forward.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Italy can definitely build around Chiesa, Kean, Berna, Barella and Zaniolo. I'm not so sure if there are any outstanding talents @ CB or in midfield. Attack seems to be stacked, but midfield and central defense might prove to be slightly problematic moving forward.
Romagnoli at CB is very good, gotta admit. I wish we can take him off Milan’s hands someday.

Midfield is fine. Zaniolo/Barella - Jorginho - Verratti, is a very good midfield combination at international level. Mix of youth, experience, workrate and technique.

Italy’s biggest problem area remains at fullback. Hopefully Spinazzola makes the LB spot his own, and let’s see what Andrea Conti does in the next couple of years.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Piccini is ok. He reminds me a bit of Panucci with his height, but gets forward fairly well. You can get away with these solid kind of players if there is class elsewhere. I'm almost certain that Spinazzola will cement himself as starter over the duration of qualifying, but Biraghi hasn't done a massive amount wrong.

Potentially Italy could be a SF level team for the Euros or next WC, but the big issue is finding a settled attack.

Jun 6, 2015

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I thought Italy played a decent game. There was some mistakes but that is expected as the team is young and the players are getting used to each other.

Finland is actually quite a decent team at the moment, especially defensively. Pretty easily topped a group that included similar level teams in Hungary and Greece in the UEFA nations league.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I thought Italy played a decent game. There was some mistakes but that is expected as the team is young and the players are getting used to each other.

Finland is actually quite a decent team at the moment, especially defensifely. Pretty easily topped a group that included similar level teams in Hungary and Greece in the UEFA nations league.
Yeah I was quite impressed with Finland, they were very organised not just defensively but seemed to have good cohesion going forward, just lack of numbers and Italy's solidity held them off. Pukki is someone in good form and I wouldn't have been surprised to see him score that chance.

I've seen Italy draw these games a few times in the past, this style always causes them problems, and with the lack of goals it was a tricky game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)