Azzurri Thread (59 Viewers)

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
the fact both Tavecchio and Ventura are still in their positions after this mega epic disaster shows you how big the problem really is in Italy and the FIGC. This is really scary the fact they have not both been removed with a big boot up their behinds.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I just wanted to tell you that you are all free to support Belgium in the coming World Cup. I don't hold grudges. You can jump on our bandwagon.
Nah. I will watch from semis onwards only. Maybe if there is a very good game before that like Brazil v France or Spain v Argentina ill watch before.

- - - Updated - - -

Sky Italia says Ventura will be sacked.

But there was also video on twitter with Ventura on airport saying that he will resign.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Nah. I will watch from semis onwards only. Maybe if there is a very good game before that like Brazil v France or Spain v Argentina ill watch before.

- - - Updated - - -

Sky Italia says Ventura will be sacked.

But there was also video on twitter with Ventura on airport saying that he will resign.
when? should have been done by now. If Tavecchio is the idiot sacking him it won't happen, at least not until June so he can collect his remaining $800k

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
the fact both Tavecchio and Ventura are still in their positions after this mega epic disaster shows you how big the problem really is in Italy and the FIGC. This is really scary the fact they have not both been removed with a big boot up their behinds.
yup and the same goes for all political organizations I believe. Nepotism and old farts holding hands to protect their power. Nothing will change. These problems have been evident for a loooooong time. WC 2006 saved these old farts but the problems were already ongoing and have become apparent now that the "new" generation is supposed to take over. That Tavecchio is in the position speaks volumes on its own. It's also very significant for Italy.

One might say this is exactly what Italy needed. A very tangible wake up call. But we all know - this is Italy - the problems are far too rooted and nothing will change. We all knew this was coming sooner or later. The wake-up call was made years ago but no one can and will address it.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
this is cute but doesn't change anything as long as Tavecchio is still there. I don't think Ancelotti would come if he stays, he's not stupid to get thrown into this disaster. CHANGE NEEDS TO COME FROM THE TOP!

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Criminal record

Tavecchio has been tried and convicted five times since 1970.

In 1970, he was sentenced to four months for forgery of credit title
In 1994, he was sentenced to twenty eight months two days for tax evasion and value-added tax
In 1996, he was sentenced to three months for failure to pay social security deductions and insurance
In 1998, he was sentenced to three months for omission or falsification of reports
In 1998, he was again sentenced to three months for abuse of office for violation of anti-pollution regulations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)