Azzurri rise in FIFA rankings (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Italy have stepped up the FIFA rankings following six wins on the trot, but still can’t break into the top ten.

Giovanni Trapattoni’s men have been on fine form of late and beat tenth-placed Germany 1-0 on their home turf last week.

These most recent results have allowed the Azzurri to skip past the Czech Republic and Denmark, but it’s not enough to see them past eleventh position.

Brazil and France remain clear at the top of the FIFA standings, while Mexico retain their spot in the top five.

1.Brazil 846 points

2.France 825

3.Spain 748

4.Netherlands 746

4.Mexico 746

6.Argentina 744

7.Turkey 739

8.England 733

9.USA 731

10.Germany 728

11.Italy 721

12.Czech Republic 712

13.Republic of Ireland 710

13.Cameroon 710

15.Denmark 707

16.Portugal 686

17.Costa Rica 680

18.Belgium 672

19.Romania 664

20.Sweden 658

Buy on AliExpress.com

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
When I first read the topic, I said to myself Ok it doesn't need to be number 1 but pls at least beat USA for me...

Fxxking unbelievable!!

What have the yanks played lately anyway!??

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i read on how they count the thing once... in general points are given based on the strenght of the ooponent and the importance of the match. its very complicated ... i managed to read all of them and quit agreed that they try to make the best ranking system as they could.. but it still beats me how mexico can sneak into top 5.. since when has they been there?

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
urrghhh??? :confused: i hv same opinion as most of u.... what r Mexico and US doing in top 10????

my reshuffled list

1.Brazil

2.France

3.Spain

4.Netherlands

5. England

6. Germany

7. Italy

8. Argentina

9.Czech Republic

10. Turkey

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i read on how they count the thing once... in general points are given based on the strenght of the ooponent and the importance of the match. its very complicated ... i managed to read all of them and quit agreed that they try to make the best ranking system as they could.. but it still beats me how mexico can sneak into top 5.. since when has they been there?
Yes it is, I've read the rules last nigth and I got: :wth:

They just made up such rules on purpose: noone can know, why some team is rated higher/lower than the others :( :D

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
didnt they recently have a gold cup or something .. the one that brazil invited to... that was a continental level tounament.. kind like european EURO... thats where they collect good load of points

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
I can easily come up with a system that the Azzurri be #1 everytime. Say a team gets more points if its players have an italian passport or smg.

THAT would be a system I like!!

Stupid FIFA!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ale's Cat ] ++
I can easily come up with a system that the Azzurri be #1 everytime. Say a team gets more points if its players have an italian passport or smg.

THAT would be a system I like!!

Stupid FIFA!
that is a good system dude... it would be a very strong point for u if u want to lobby for the President of FIFA post.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

ouch.. that would be a blow...but i certain u have other characteristic that is better then them as well....

( just joking :D)
Like my love for the Azzurri......:D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)