Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Cuadrado's signing was more important, it gives us a lot of options.

It is true though that we are in critic situation at the midfield, with 2 shit players (Hernanes & Sturaro), 1 very important player with a very serious injury (Marchisio), 2 players very very injury prone (Asamoah & Khedira), 1 project player who will take time to develop even though there's talent (Lemina) and Pjanic, who we still have to see how he fits and who is somewhat fragile to knocks and etc.

At this point, even selling Pereyra for peanuts (13M in 4 yrs = little more than 3M a year is peanuts today) looks bad. We must be very lucky with injuries this first semester and Allegri will have to rotate these guys hard.

On the other hand, Witsel doesn't convince me and the guy is pretty expensive for a backup player (come on, 4M salaries and 18/20M fee? Wtf?).

And I think Sandro, Cuadrado and Pjaca may really work out as CMs, even though I wouldn't like to see Sandro there because Evra has absolutely no condition to play as a winger at this point.

Anyway, I definitely see Marotta buying him for around 8M in january.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Offer them 4M by January..

When is that African tournament nobody gives a Shit about? We'll lose some players aren't we? I still remember asamoah returning as a piece of Shit and never got his form back from prior to that afcon Shit

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Offer them 4M by January..

When is that African tournament nobody gives a Shit about? We'll lose some players aren't we? I still remember asamoah returning as a piece of Shit and never got his form back from prior to that afcon Shit
Asamoah, Lemina and Benatia will all be participating in it.

I suppose the plan is to sign Witsel for a (much) cheaper price in January. We are gonna need the extra bodies in midfield for sure.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Zenit is playing in the Europa league. Does that mean that he would be cup-tied if we acquired him in January? I suspect so.
From the round of 16; Juve can register 3 new players. One of these may have played in the group stage of Europa League (if we are in the CL round of 16) or may have played in CL group stage (if we are in the EL round of 16). Since we'll most likely be playing Champions League in February, we can field Witsel if we choose so.

Article 42 and 44 here: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/02/35/87/89/2358789_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Witsel is being hyped as if he were Busquets all of a sudden. Witsel ain't half bad but he's not much of an improvement over what we already have. He would've been a useful extra body for sure but we don't exactly need one until the AFCON and the CL knockouts.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Asamoah, Lemina and Benatia will all be participating in it.

I suppose the plan is to sign Witsel for a (much) cheaper price in January. We are gonna need the extra bodies in midfield for sure.
The funny thing is, that a lot of people seem to believe he is so shit, that even the thought of us having to field Hernanes doesn't stop them from going 'bullet dodged'. I guess it's the normal dynamic of this forum as long as the right amount of people bash a certain player.

Let's hope we find a decent midfielder in January and he manages to fit in quickly too. It won't be easy and I hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

zann

SG Juventino!
May 30, 2004
From the round of 16; Juve can register 3 new players. One of these may have played in the group stage of Europa League (if we are in the CL round of 16) or may have played in CL group stage (if we are in the EL round of 16). Since we'll most likely be playing Champions League in February, we can field Witsel if we choose so.

Article 42 and 44 here: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/02/35/87/89/2358789_DOWNLOAD.pdf
right means if we sign him in January he can still play in the CL.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Witsel is being hyped as if he were Busquets all of a sudden. Witsel ain't half bad but he's not much of an improvement over what we already have. He would've been a useful extra body for sure but we don't exactly need one until the AFCON and the CL knockouts.
Yeah, but if we can get him in January, for 3 million, we should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)