Axel Witsel - AM/CM - Zenit (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Valuation aside how would you rate Witsel compared to: Matuidi, Sissoko, Gustavo, Herrera etc?

Sissoko is a completely different type of player. I'd rate Witsel higher than Matuidi, Gustavo and Herrera, but if I'm honest I don't think any of those is good enough for Juve either.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
From what I have read about him, he is good at keeping the ball, his passing and has lots of presence and strength. His finishing, and discipline is a problem and I don't know about his tackling etc.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
not good enough eh, but we have sturaro and hernanes
If you surround Witsel with good players, he's not going to disappoint. But I don't know what we're expecting from him. He's a more than decent midfielder, but he's not going to be a gamechanger for us whatsoever. I mean, I might be mistaken about this, because I did expect him to make another leap in quality 4-5 years ago, but then he joined Zenith and he has stagnated ever since.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Well its an interesting situation. If we succeeded in signing Matuidi we would have got Witsel next year for free. Now that Matuidi is extending with PSG, our management may decide its worth spending the 18-22m to bring him in now. Who knows.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
From what I have read about him, he is good at keeping the ball, his passing and has lots of presence and strength. His finishing, and discipline is a problem and I don't know about his tackling etc.
His passing is good if you want the ball to go backwards or sideways all game.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Its not a panic buy as we are definitely interested in Witsel and were interested way before... however Witsel on a free transfer is a good deal.. Witsel for $?! I`ll pass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)